collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Catering.....  (Read 35939 times)

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
Re: Villa Park Catering.....
« Reply #345 on: February 05, 2023, 05:20:59 PM »
There's loads they could potentially do, and it would would probably cost less than they spend on somebody like Bednarek who never, ever plays.

- Have a consultant come in and review the offerings and see first hand what all the problems are
- Invest in new infrastructure such as rapid pour drinks machines
- Pay the agencies more for better trained staff
- Look at ways at utilising outside space

I can't remember exactly which game, very early this season, I was poured my drink by someone that had not only seemingly never poured a drink from a can, they also had me wondering if they'd ever even encountered a can before.
The Everton game I reckon. I havent been near the catering since that game. I am still in recovery

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2023, 05:31:52 PM »
There's loads they could potentially do, and it would would probably cost less than they spend on somebody like Bednarek who never, ever plays.

- Have a consultant come in and review the offerings and see first hand what all the problems are
- Invest in new infrastructure such as rapid pour drinks machines
- Pay the agencies more for better trained staff
- Look at ways at utilising outside space

I can't remember exactly which game, very early this season, I was poured my drink by someone that had not only seemingly never poured a drink from a can, they also had me wondering if they'd ever even encountered a can before.
The Everton game I reckon. I havent been near the catering since that game. I am still in recovery

All in 90 degrees , bliss

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2023, 07:10:45 PM »
I was rather impressed with the new bar (for want of the correct name) in the Lower Holte today. Walked up at around 2.30, scanned my bank card to access the area, grabbed a pre-poured pint and left (I checked with the young lady pouring the pints that I was meant to do it that way). As long as the auto system hasn't gone wrong and I've not been charged three hundred quid for my pint I'd say it worked very well - less than a minute to collect my order.

Now if they can substitute flat Heineken for San Miguel and do something about the price it'll be perfect.

The cynic in me expected it to be a disaster but maybe, just maybe, they've finally cracked it.

I'd still be checking my phone to see they've charged the right amount as it all sounds too good to be true.

I'd rushed to the game straight from work and so didn't have time for a pint elsewhere, otherwise I wouldn't have tried it. I was cynical too, but it actually worked well, in my experience. How it performs when more people cotton on to it remains to be seen. Oh, and on my bank it's showing as a pending transaction for a quid. I assume it'll show as £5.65 (I know, expensive, but hey-ho) tomorrow.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #348 on: February 06, 2023, 05:00:44 PM »
Just to update that I was charged correctly for my purchase.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #349 on: February 06, 2023, 05:25:47 PM »
I too used the Holte bar and it was fantastic. Just picked up a balti pie and a pint. Was charged the correct amount.  No complaints at all

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #350 on: February 06, 2023, 05:26:28 PM »
Good news by all accounts

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #351 on: February 13, 2023, 10:49:16 PM »
There's always someone worse off than you. https://twitter.com/FootyBevs/status/1625223893261623307

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #352 on: February 14, 2023, 07:24:32 PM »
14 quid for complete gnats piss? Fuck that.

If you scroll down the comments thread, someone paid 38 Euro for 2 cans of Budweiser at Madison Square Garden.

Budweiser

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #353 on: February 14, 2023, 08:31:41 PM »
Arsenal fan on talksport other day said it's 18 pounds for burger and chips

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #354 on: February 14, 2023, 08:40:40 PM »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #355 on: February 14, 2023, 10:22:10 PM »
Meeting in London today, cup of coffee, small Coke and a glass of water. £16, robbing twats.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal