collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Catering.....  (Read 35970 times)

Offline Holte L2

Re: Villa Park Catering.....
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2022, 02:14:38 PM »
It might have helped if they'd used a bit of sense and let people take water inside.

I took mine inside in the lower holte without any problems.  Even in my own stainless steel breaker.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2022, 02:17:18 PM »
I’d say it’s WAY more than a thousand people not bothering… maybe stick another naught on the end!
I was desperate for a drink yesterday, but no way was I queuing in that steaming concourse for an hour. I went back in at kickoff as I was gasping, and it still took them 10mins into the match to serve me!

The situation was probably exacerbated by the train issues, but they had plenty of notice to work around that. And let’s face it, it’s been like this for fucking years. It’s not a one-off!

Seems there isn’t one fan on here that thinks the service is even ok. Surely there is a way to communicate this to Purslow and go to lay the hammer down? I’m in the middle of the trinity upper - tempted to make a feckin banner to get the message across!

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2022, 02:22:34 PM »
It might have helped if they'd used a bit of sense and let people take water inside.

Were they stopping people. I showed my plastic bottle of water to a bag checking bloke at the LTR and was waved through

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2022, 02:28:30 PM »
I very rarely engage with in stadium catering because it's crap but I tried to buy some water at half time today and gave up. Truly abysmal.
Compare that with Alexander Stadium last weekend. If you took in a water bottle refills were free and readily available.

Isn’t that the case at VP as well? Take in an empty plastic bottle and fill it up at a tap. It’s what I’ve been doing for years.

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2022, 02:30:05 PM »
When I entered the LTR about 11:15, the concession stand on the right still had the shutters down. Did that open up ?

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2022, 03:03:01 PM »
I very rarely engage with in stadium catering because it's crap but I tried to buy some water at half time today and gave up. Truly abysmal.
Compare that with Alexander Stadium last weekend. If you took in a water bottle refills were free and readily available.

Isn’t that the case at VP as well? Take in an empty plastic bottle and fill it up at a tap. It’s what I’ve been doing for years.
Where's the tap? And don't say the toilets

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2022, 03:17:41 PM »
If they're going to insist on selling chips, then make sure there's a constant supply of chips. The way the queues grind to a standstill as all the servers wait for a new batch to arrive is a piss take.

They ran out of chips  near us on upper A5 before halftime, although i enjoyed the veggie pie 😃 seriously i am excited about the new north stand development, but they have to get the basics right elsewhere first

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2022, 03:18:58 PM »

The Restrooms ;)

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2022, 03:21:10 PM »

The Restrooms ;)
With added E-coli? No thanks

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2022, 03:32:54 PM »
Everton fans not in the least bit happy, lower Doug Ellis had no water and no beer.

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2022, 04:43:36 PM »
It's ironic that whilst it's not perfect, I don't really have any problems getting drinks or food in the soon to be replaced North Stand.
Were you there yesterday. There was no Amstel an hour before kick off. The cans they took out of the fridge were warm. The queues were massive. How in the name of God did they not have Amstel on tap for the first game of the season. At half time they close one of the shutters to send us all over the edge

Offline levico

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2022, 06:21:16 PM »
Not a catering issue but my daughter said that there was only one working stall in the Ladies toilets in the Upper Doug Ellis.
They’ve had all closed season to sort that out. They clearly need a decent Facilities Manager.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2022, 06:24:43 PM »
it’s an absolute bollocks barn of ineptitude

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2022, 08:00:43 PM »
It's ironic that whilst it's not perfect, I don't really have any problems getting drinks or food in the soon to be replaced North Stand.
Were you there yesterday. There was no Amstel an hour before kick off. The cans they took out of the fridge were warm. The queues were massive. How in the name of God did they not have Amstel on tap for the first game of the season. At half time they close one of the shutters to send us all over the edge

They were trying to save you from the ungodly piss that is Amstel?

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2022, 08:50:55 PM »

They were trying to save you from the ungodly piss that is Amstel?
By making me drink warm cider?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal