collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Catering.....  (Read 36695 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Villa Park Catering.....
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2022, 08:52:12 PM »
piss up in a brewery

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2022, 09:01:13 PM »
I still don’t understand why pints are not being continually poured to speed things up. It’s not like they’ll be standing there for a while going warm as they are continually being sold.

Offline colin69

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2022, 09:40:46 PM »
I bet when Bruce Springsteen comes to Villa Park whoever is doing the catering does a much better job than when on match day.
I don’t blame the kids but I do blame whoever is supposed to be training them.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2022, 09:53:49 PM »
Not a catering issue but my daughter said that there was only one working stall in the Ladies toilets in the Upper Doug Ellis.
They’ve had all closed season to sort that out. They clearly need a decent Facilities Manager.

The toilets in the LTR had one trough taped off

About half of the taps don’t turn themselves off, so VP wasted a lot of water yesterday.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 09:55:57 PM by UK Redsox »

Online exigo

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2022, 10:28:37 PM »
I groundhopped to Luton last Tuesday. In a stand that hasn't been touched for 50 years, the service was light years ahead of Villa. Pre-poured pints, two people on each till, quick as you like.

Holte Pub seemed to have a capacity of about 50 people yesterday, and still managed to have a huge queue to the door, while running out of most draught beers by the time we got a second.

Lower Holte terrible service. Bottle bars closed, food apparently unable to be sold because the prices hadn't been updated. Queues everywhere. Every season we arrive thinking they'll have finally sorted it out, and they somehow manage to make it worse.

And the cisterns were overflowing everywhere in the men's bogs as well.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2022, 10:31:11 PM »
It's some going to mess up opening day. It's not like they haven't had months to prepare for it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2022, 10:31:21 PM »
I'd be interested to know how we compare with other older grounds such as Anfield and St James, and how they compare with the new grounds.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2022, 10:36:37 PM »
I'm a non banter group on FB which is for fans that love football grounds. VP is regularly ranked top 2 or 3 on appearance, history and just most popular to visit etc, opposition/neutral fans love it. Usually with the addendum of how utterly shit, and worse than a lot of lower league clubs, our catering facilities etc are for away fans.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2022, 10:54:22 PM »
It would be good for Purslow to watch a couple of games in the facilities provided, he should be invited

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2022, 10:54:33 PM »
I'd be interested to know how we compare with other older grounds such as Anfield and St James, and how they compare with the new grounds.

I went to the Springsteen (*edit - ROLLING STONES!  ::)) concert at Anfield over the summer. Even with building work going on, and a larger attendance than a football match, catering ran like clockwork. Lightyears ahead of what we endure at Villa Park (*though granted it might be a different setup to a standard football afternoon).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 08:16:41 AM by Nii Lamptey »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2022, 12:06:51 AM »

The only good thing about the West Ham ground was that it doesn't take long to get served.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2022, 12:16:25 AM »
I dont think any ground, anywhere, ever had made me feel sadder than West Ham's. Its an abomination. I couldn't watch them every other week there.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 12:18:04 AM by Ads »

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2022, 12:18:52 AM »

I'm sure it happens everywhere, but one thing that bothers me is the seemingly thousands of people who spend the whole time milling around the concourses, watching the TVs. My Dad will disappear on 30 minutes, buy two or three pints, pretty much neck them, then return on about 50 minutes. What's the point?

If I could have a pint in my seat, I might consider queuing for 5 minutes or so to get two before kickoff, but I've paid to watch the game. If I wanted to get drunk and watch it on a screen I'd stay at home or go to the pub.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2022, 12:20:33 AM »
I dont think any ground, anywhere, ever had made me feel.sadder than West Ham's. Its an abomination. I couldn't watch them every other week there.

Agreed, it's horrendous. The Spurs stadium is great, everything a new ground should be. West Ham though, is atrocious. At least they've worked out how to serve paying customers who just want a drink.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2022, 08:38:27 AM »
Maybe the marketing bods could bring in 'Watching the Match' sections and 'Constantly in and out for chips and curry sauce and beer then beating the traffic sections'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal