collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Catering.....  (Read 35940 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Villa Park Catering.....
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2022, 09:10:31 AM »
It really is utterly perplexing to me that we/the catering company know that they are limited to making money on just 19 (?) occasions per season, but know exactly where the customers are going to be, how many of them there is and what they will want to buy. But fuck it up every time. For 20 years.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 11:47:41 AM by PeterWithe »

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2022, 09:23:58 AM »
I’m another who gave up queuing at half time, the hot weather wasn’t that much of a surprise was it?

The service in the fanzone behind TR looked pretty well set, maybe it’s because they are all small traders who want to earn money?
Yeah I got a burger there and it worked quite well - think it’s because it is independent vendors who have worked out that they can make a lot more money if they do it well.

I went to the Cricket at Trent Bridge for Eng V New Zealand and it was so easy and quick  and well ran - it’s basics but makes a real difference to the experience and ultimately gets you to spend more

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2022, 09:38:52 AM »
Is there any health and safety or other regulation that stops them pre pouring loads of drinks ready to hand over?

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2022, 09:43:42 AM »
Is there any health and safety or other regulation that stops them pre pouring loads of drinks ready to hand over?
I'm sure I've seen that operation at other grounds but can't remember where

Online dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2022, 10:04:11 AM »
It really grinds me when all you hear from the club are buzz words like 'The Matchday Experience' and then go and serve up a shit catering service such as yesterday.

Whoever oversees this side of the business at the club needs a good kick up the arse. It was an absolute joke in the UT yesterday.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2022, 10:05:35 AM »
I think they do it at Wembley. Costs about £9 though.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2022, 10:32:32 AM »
The Doug Ellis is cramped at the best of times but the queues were going in different directions everywhere yesterday. Queues for the ladies and men’s toilets and massive queues for the catering. The view is great but the stand is really outdated and awful.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2022, 10:35:52 AM »
The beer in the Holte suite before the game was like dishwater. Plus the place is still understaffed.

How much was it for a pint out of interest? Someone told me they've put the prices up.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 10:37:47 AM by Clampy »

Offline Dave P

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2022, 10:42:41 AM »
The beer in the Holte suite before the game was like dishwater. Plus the place is still understaffed.

How much was it for a pint out of interest? Someone told me they've put the prices up.

2 pints and 3 bottles of Sprite was £19. Not sure on the individual prices but I’m guessing it’s just shy of £6 a pint.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2022, 11:22:13 AM »
they use to do it in the upper holte many years ago, worked very well, now i sit in the lower holte, but went into the holte suite yesterday and looking at the bar queue wasn't worth it for one drink, that's about a tenner they lost out on,asked one lad and said they got in on 34 minutes and took about 20 minutes for to bring him a beer back,then we went outside to the concourse and it was the same,

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2022, 11:25:06 AM »
Service was crap in the Holte Suite yesterday but Paulie’s point about the rail strike hadn’t occurred to me so I’ll reserve judgment for now.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2022, 11:35:00 AM »
In the Witton Upper, if you don't join a queue 15-20 minutes before half time, you can forget it.

Online Clampy

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2022, 11:41:40 AM »
I don't get why people do that anyway. Surely they can go 90 minutes without a pint? (I do get that yesterday was very hot mind).

Online The Edge

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2022, 11:41:48 AM »
Unreal - wanted to get water - gave up after queuing for 20 mins and still only being half way up the concorse
I didn't bother to queue; went to the toilets and drank from the tap!
You should never do that it's not drinking water, you'll be lucky not to get ill. I was in the upper Trinity as I gave my brother my usual seat. Never again. Totally ruined my matchday experience. I've mentioned on here previously that my son used to be in charge of the bars at the sty. He's also experienced at other large events. He sent a detailed email to the catering department at Villa with a few ideas they could try and told them about how much money the club were losing on a match day. He never even got a response. It's an absolute shambles. I will never sit in the upper Trinity again.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2022, 11:42:44 AM »
I love Villa Park, but the concourses are not big enough, and the catering is simply dreadful. I know it's not dissimilar to a lot of grounds, but the whole approach is outdated. New stadia abroad and especially in the US put ours to shame.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal