collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Catering.....  (Read 35965 times)

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Villa Park Catering.....
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2022, 10:38:19 PM »
It was abysmal in the Upper Trinity, half the bars shut (!!), a 6 pint pouring machine only operating at half time behind A1/A2. I absolutely understand that one D Ellis made an absolute pigs ear of developing the stadium which leaves little scope for catering facilities but this was just rank incompetence from the outsourced subcontractor. I stopped using in stadium catering or bars about 4 seasons ago, it’s got worse if today is anything to go by.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2022, 11:21:44 PM »
The money they must be losing in sales because people give up trying to buy anything

It was horrible in the upper trinity today

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2022, 11:31:10 PM »
I mentioned on the post match thread that someone told me they were charging 90p for tap water. Can't verify that for myself though as I decided to opt out of the queue in the Upper Holte.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2022, 11:33:45 PM »
The money they must be losing in sales because people give up trying to buy anything

It was horrible in the upper trinity today

Depending on the terms of the contract it will be a fair amount.  Worst thing is it is simple planning and contract management with the supplier to optimise opportunities for revenue,  it's not like you don't know the footfall and the routes people are going to take.  Today they could likely have smashed stupid sales on bottles of water at satellite kiosks etc.  So simple. 

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2022, 12:00:19 AM »
I suspect the train strike will have caused staffing problems today

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2022, 12:06:01 AM »
I suspect the train strike will have caused staffing problems today
The guy who supervises the programme sellers told me some of the people he was expecting hadn't turned up which was why he was selling in the kiosk in the Holte End car park.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2022, 12:22:53 AM »
I posted on another thread, i went down to the holte concourse on 35 mins judging how bad it normally is at half time, i got a beer and two waters for yhe kids 20-25 mins later, literally just before the players came out. The strike may have impacted on staffing, but really its same old problem, thats been getting worse for past couple of seasons.
I dont blame the individual staff behind the counter, mainly kids really, but the whole management of the thing is appalling. For a start prior to half time at least, just have a load of pints poured and ready to go, that will free up more time to serve soft drinks, food etc.
also because its sub contracted its rarely the same staff, so they cant get used to the job at hand week by week.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2022, 08:41:53 AM »
Unreal - wanted to get water - gave up after queuing for 20 mins and still only being half way up the concorse
I didn't bother to queue; went to the toilets and drank from the tap!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2022, 08:47:49 AM »
I’m another who gave up queuing at half time, the hot weather wasn’t that much of a surprise was it?

The service in the fanzone behind TR looked pretty well set, maybe it’s because they are all small traders who want to earn money?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2022, 08:53:52 AM »
It's ironic that whilst it's not perfect, I don't really have any problems getting drinks or food in the soon to be replaced North Stand.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2022, 08:55:06 AM »
So with the price increases absolutely nothing had changed in the Holte End. The same problems of pouring cans into PLASTIC cups? absolutely ridiculous. I wasn't expecting much as it's Villa and the service they offer is outdated and poor but I thought we might see something.

I even noticed a cigarette butt in the toilet that's wedged between a ceiling tile was still there from last season? You'd think there would be a big clean up/maintenance check in the weeks when the stadium is not being used

Also I went to pick up my Rewards item from the Village and was told by a member of staff after waiting a short while that they wouldn't be serving anyone else from our position in the queue and to come back at some time on a Friday or the next match? Absolutely ridiculous

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2022, 08:55:40 AM »
It might have helped if they'd used a bit of sense and let people take water inside.
I was at the Groupama Stadium in Lyon last July with temperatures of 39⁰C forecast. It was a Stones gig not football though. 

Normally you can't take anything at at all but they let everyone take in water bottles and those water mist aerosols (we had three of those and they were a made-up deity-send). This was announced online and vi the local media during the day.

Inside, they had cold lager and a decent IPA on tap, and there were staff doing nothing but pour pints for those taking the orders and queues were orderly and fast-moving. You could also order  food and beer to your seat via an app, which you can't do in England because some people are twats when are allowed near alcohol). Plus they have concessions all around the outside of the stadium, within the grounds and you can come and go as you please

I was very impressed by the size and space around what is one of those 'soulless' bowl stadiums and they were raking in the cash.  Villa Park is a few decades behind in that respect. But that is for another thread.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:58:29 AM by Bad English »

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2022, 09:01:31 AM »
It's been a shambles as far back as I can remember.  What's the point in building this Villa Live thing if they have the same clowns operating and staffing it?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2022, 09:01:50 AM »
How do these contracts work?

Will Villa simply have sold the rights to the catering and now have their money so dont have an incentive to get involved in sorting it? Or will we still have a % of takings?

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2022, 09:05:50 AM »
Also a wall of vending machines selling snacks and soft drinks/water would be ideal? You could have sandwiches and chocolate etc which would take away some people from the kiosks.

The more I think about the can into plastic thing the more annoyed I get. Just hand over the can ,be a lot quicker.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal