collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:32:30 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

Re: FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs VAR pre-match thread  (Read 16821 times)

Online Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
Re: Aston Villa vs VAR pre-match thread
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2022, 07:19:52 AM »
Not many happy memories of playing these. The 3-1 win and the 3-0 Boxing day game seeing Kevin Gage drill in that fine finish from the edge of the box in front of a packed Holte End.
Tomorrow is our time and will be something to enjoy.
2-0.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM

Offline Allan C

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2022, 07:48:57 AM »
This is the biggest game in football for me, I’ve seen some great games down the years. Beating them means more to me than beating Birmingham. 2-0 to us and we’ll play them off the park. As usual I don’t care who scores

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2022, 08:19:35 AM »
Just sort out the profligate finishing, wayward passing and duff defending and we'll keep the media storm on them . I like to think Gerrard's playing down of VAR was partly because he was pissed off at the fact it shouldn't have mattered given our dominance.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 08:22:19 AM by sickbeggar »

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2022, 08:22:53 AM »
Far to much confidence on here. You do all realize we are playing Manure at Villa Park ?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2022, 08:28:54 AM »
Yep. They're shit. Attitudes like that is why they've turned up and beaten us so regularly for 25 years.

They're nothing.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2022, 08:42:34 AM »
Just sort out the profligate finishing, wayward passing and duff defending and we'll keep the media storm on them . I like to think Gerrard's playing down of VAR was partly because he was pissed off at the fact it shouldn't have mattered given our dominance.
That's exactly how I saw it. We were all justifiably raging at var for blatantly robbing us of a goal and he probably was too. But he preferred to highlight the fact that we had every opportunity to win the game if we had turned our dominant periods in the game into goals. Also he mentioned us conceding goals too easily which has got to stop. I like that. I like that attitude 

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2022, 08:55:47 AM »
Yep. They're shit. Attitudes like that is why they've turned up and beaten us so regularly for 25 years.

They're nothing.
Doesn't matter, we could be Brazil 1970 and they could be Sam Marino, it is set in stone we will never beat them ay Villa Park ever again.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2022, 09:21:38 AM »
That's exactly how I saw it. We were all justifiably raging at var for blatantly robbing us of a goal and he probably was too. But he preferred to highlight the fact that we had every opportunity to win the game if we had turned our dominant periods in the game into goals. Also he mentioned us conceding goals too easily which has got to stop. I like that. I like that attitude 

It's a very fair point. If Konsa and Mings hadn't defended like drains, and if Watkins could finish, we'd have been out of sight.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2022, 09:48:02 AM »

It's a very fair point. If Konsa and Mings hadn't defended like drains, and if Watkins could finish, we'd have been out of sight.
All very good points which is why I wonder how so many on here would rather play Watkins ahead of Ings ??

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2022, 09:58:33 AM »

All very good points which is why I wonder how so many on here would rather play Watkins ahead of Ings ??

Because we're a better team when he plays, and he's a better player than Danny Ings.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2022, 10:14:43 AM »

They're nothing.
Doesn't matter, we could be Brazil 1970 and they could be Sam Marino, it is set in stone we will never beat them ay Villa Park ever again.

You prove my point.

Offline exigo

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2022, 10:25:55 AM »
22 home games without a win against this lot. The longest winless home record in English football league history apparently.
And it gets destroyed tomorrow evening.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2022, 10:28:13 AM »
I'm looking forward to this game we are going to beat this lot 2-1.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2022, 10:33:10 AM »

They're nothing.

It’s not a case of being better than United though is it
You can have all the confidence you want I also believe we will be the better team tomorrow

But it’s not Man United I’m worried about it’s the officials

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal