collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.  (Read 24930 times)

Offline Hillbilly

Re: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2021, 06:45:29 AM »

They're clearly a brilliant side. One of the best in Europe and the world. But they're tedious. They strangle games and bore you into making an error. They're the Mayweather of football. All that money and all that talent, obviously one of the greatest about, but fuck me, they could send a glass eye to sleep.

Yup, bang on.
Cashed up Brighton & Hove Albion.

Offline colin69

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2021, 07:23:31 AM »
I cannot believe how many people actually clapped that greasy wanker.
Shameful.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2021, 07:40:22 AM »
Shameful.

To be fair, 'Villa til I Die' was a great response I thought. Everyone seemed to get behind that.

I'm not going to criticise those that clapped, they have their reasons, there were a lot in the North. But I was much more right giving him abuse.

Offline LamBeast

• GM : Apr, 2013
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2021, 07:48:58 AM »
Long way to go boys but Gerrard is the right man at the right time for Aston Villa.🦁

Offline Allan C

« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2021, 07:53:58 AM »
I thought we were good last night, obviously better in the 2nd half. We were much better when Young came on. I think Bailey is a great player but he’s no where near PL intensity and that’s probably why he’s getting injured so often. He looks lazy to me at the moment but I’m sure when he gets up to PL speed he’ll be fine.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2021, 07:58:43 AM »
Only saw the first half so can’t really comment on the match overall. I didn’t think we were all that bad really in the first half. They were both excellent goals by MC. Saw Grealish laughing when the cameras panned to him after the first went in- he soon stopped when he realised he was on camera. Prick. That second goal was the best I’ve seen for a long time. A touch of the Van Basten’s about it. Thought maybe Martinez could’ve maybe done a bit better as he was well placed but maybe a bit far off his line to really do anything. 2-1 at least is respectable. Dunno if we were a lot better 2nd half or MC just eased off?

The way they get all over you with the pressing is just stifling. We didn’t help ourselves with the short passing fancying about with it at the back. Thought Buendia did quite well. Still not convinced on Bailey though.

Offline villabear

« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2021, 08:13:13 AM »
They are undoubtedly a great team and have got some brilliant players but one of those is a niggly dirty so and so who fouls constantly to break up play. We certainly need a Fernandinho type in our team.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2021, 08:13:17 AM »
Watkins played much better I thought, the ball stuck to him a bit more. Buendia has some great moments, Bailey needs to relax and be a team player, Luiz and Nakamba did great, the latter is doing really well at the moment.

I do not like us having 4 or 5 players in our own box at kick off. It's so deep and asking for trouble, like the moment Martinez played it out for a corner.

Much better second half. Nearly got something out of the game. First half was bloody hard to watch though. There goals were both as a result of them pressing so much. Ours was thanks to MacPhee. Luiz went over to him during the post goal celebrations.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2021, 08:16:51 AM »
Only saw the first half so can’t really comment on the match overall. I didn’t think we were all that bad really in the first half. They were both excellent goals by MC. Saw Grealish laughing when the cameras panned to him after the first went in- he soon stopped when he realised he was on camera. Prick. That second goal was the best I’ve seen for a long time. A touch of the Van Basten’s about it. Thought maybe Martinez could’ve maybe done a bit better as he was well placed but maybe a bit far off his line to really do anything. 2-1 at least is respectable. Dunno if we were a lot better 2nd half or MC just eased off?

The way they get all over you with the pressing is just stifling. We didn’t help ourselves with the short passing fancying about with it at the back. Thought Buendia did quite well. Still not convinced on Bailey though.
if Martinez is on his line , he saves the second.

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2021, 08:18:11 AM »
Why do teams give them so much space? Get into them. Do what they do, leave one on the opposition, niggle, foul, push, shove and get into their face.

Exactement. We were chasing autographs for most of the first half...

Offline nigel

« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2021, 08:20:26 AM »
Fantastic 2nd half, and probably deserved something at the end. The best I’ve seen us play for some time.

I didn’t think we were that awful first half, either.
It was just that they were brilliant. Their closing down was so quick it was forcing errors, and for all their possession they only scored twice.
Yes, there were parts we, maybe, should have done better, but we certainly weren’t as bad as some are suggesting.

When we beat Liverpool everyone was morning that all the emphasis was on how poor they were, not how good we were

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2021, 08:26:18 AM »
Grealish's proud family were guests in Christian Purslow's box last night alongside Prince William who enjoyed his first Villa Park visit of the season, with the future king watching Villa's former prince play out the final few minutes.

(From the Meaning Evil).  Purslow really is the starstruck sort.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 08:29:42 AM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2021, 08:29:54 AM »
Shameful.

To be fair, 'Villa til I Die' was a great response I thought. Everyone seemed to get behind that.

I'm not going to criticise those that clapped, they have their reasons, there were a lot in the North. But I was much more right giving him abuse.

The ‘Villa till I Die’ chant was the perfect response. Whether it bothered Grealish is neither here nor there but the message would have got through. A mixed response from our support is understandable. There’s the “After all he’s done for us” argument but equally those people should recognise what the club has done for him.  His lap of appreciation at the end of the match I didn’t see. Was it a nice gesture? I suppose it was.

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2021, 08:32:13 AM »
Good to see the future King watching us.

Future president perhaps #bitofpolitics

Tyldesley's sycophantic comments in this regard was the first thing that had me reaching for the Stadium Sound Only button...

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2021, 08:34:40 AM »

if Martinez is on his line , he saves the second.

If he’d been on his line the player would likely have had time to control it and score. It was a brilliant, controlled finish.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal