collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.  (Read 24950 times)

Offline Simon Page

Re: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2021, 10:04:55 AM »
I'm just shocked and saddened by how many posters on here seem to like Formula One.

Probably Top Gear and Muse as well. Dreadful business.

Single circle Venn diagram for me, Clive.

Bugger off you. I can't stand Muse.

On less important matters, Sterling is brilliant and has been for a while. As for losing again to a medal-buying franchise, it depresses the shit out of me. Losing to Burnley is fine because it's a game of football. Losing to a billionaire plaything just feels like we're the Washington Generals. It's made worse because I never, ever want Villa to be a club that spaffs money on collecting the best players of other teams, so the alternative is to be the perennial opposition in what amounts to little more than exhibition matches.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2021, 10:36:37 AM »
Did anyone else find the atmosphere strangely flat last night?

Good. Creating a good atmosphere for their visit legitimises them.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2021, 11:25:54 AM »
in fairness to City fans - the seasons before they were successful and they were shit, they always brought a good following to Villa Park

Remember them winning 5-1 and David White getting a hat trick or was it 4?  as I walked out all I could hear was their lot singing "Blue Moon".

We all crave for our team to win trophies, personally if we have to buy  our way to achieving this then I am happy to do that, the thought of season after season of being an also ran (as we have been for far too many seasons) is depressing, hopefully we will next season be competing, when Steven has got rid of quite a few players who are just not good enough to help us challenge for honours.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2021, 11:30:38 AM »
Muse are absolutely awful.

Just felt the need to be clear on this point.

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2021, 11:40:47 AM »
Muse are absolutely awful.

Just felt the need to be clear on this point.
I was watching The Long Way Up the other day, that thing where Ewen McGregor and his posh side kick twat around on bikes, and Ewen did a brief acoustic rendition of a tune that I thought sounded quite charming.  Googled the lyrics only to find it was a Muse song.  Sent myself to bed early with no supper.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2021, 12:24:38 PM »
in fairness to City fans - the seasons before they were successful and they were shit, they always brought a good following to Villa Park

Remember them winning 5-1 and David White getting a hat trick or was it 4?  as I walked out all I could hear was their lot singing "Blue Moon".

We all crave for our team to win trophies, personally if we have to buy  our way to achieving this then I am happy to do that, the thought of season after season of being an also ran (as we have been for far too many seasons) is depressing, hopefully we will next season be competing, when Steven has got rid of quite a few players who are just not good enough to help us challenge for honours.

David White was in my club a couple of weeks ago with Joe Corrigan, Sinclair and Kevin Horlock for a Man City supporters thing
He has ballooned somewhat
I said to my little lad see that massive bloke over there He used to be as fast as fuck and terrorise defences
It’s a good job I’ve kept myself in Brad Pitt condition all these years 😀

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2021, 12:39:05 PM »
This is a good little collection of some of our play last night. We played some lovely football at times. A bit more belief and more consistency and we are a pretty decent team.

https://twitter.com/buendiazboyz/status/1466402422847426563?s=21
Some great stuff which you don't always appreciate when watching on tv. Buendia heavily involved

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #262 on: December 11, 2021, 06:56:27 PM »
Looks like we were stuffed on the Konsa penalty shout. Not much point in having VAR if the end product is the ESL clubs getting the big decisions, as normal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal