collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:48:09 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.  (Read 24584 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2021, 12:02:18 AM »
Enough of that, please.

Hopefully not aimed at me?

Errr, no. See the post above yours.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2021, 12:04:50 AM »
The failure to pull up Stockport City for that fouling was infuriating.

As for applauding our ex player onto the pitch as he attempts to help his team defeat us? Nonplussed.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2021, 12:12:21 AM »
Pleasantly encouraged by that. First half there were a few glimpses of what we could do. Poor first goal to concede and undone by a bit of quality for the second though Mings/Konsa seemed to mix up the playing for offside. Second half though we suddenly realised that pushing into both Rodri and Fernandinho really unsettled them and gave us much more of a foothold and created some pressure but not too many chances. I think I counted 12 fouls by Fernandinho and at least 7 or 8 by Rodri, pair of fouling ****** and Mike Dean as ever never looked like getting his book out. And by Christ Citeh are a fucking boring watch, great technicians and ball carriers but fuck me it’s tedious. Encouraging little appearances from Chuk and Sanson.

I couldn’t take the train today as no trains back to my part of the world with that KO time and I remembered why I don’t like driving. Getting off the M6 onto the expressway is a queue for 20 mins, parking is a pain in the arse, running back to your car so you don’t get caught in traffic is a pain in the arse and generally feeling much more stressed is a pain in the arse.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2021, 12:20:00 AM »
Very decent second half, and if Ollie had buried that chance as he should have who knows?

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2021, 12:25:12 AM »
I've been critical of Bunedia but that slide pass to set up Chucky was sublime.

More so the whole move started with him breaking the lines in midfield. That chance was entirely down to him. He has a pretty good second half I thought - looks a confidence player, and hopefully that confidence is coming…

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2021, 12:30:36 AM »
Well, that performance confirms that we're a work in progress.

The most important word being PROGRESS.

We're definitely heading in the right direction.

Last season that would have been a 0-4 or 0-5 thrashing.
Really not sure that’s true

Its not true as last season was 1-2 as well.

However whilst we were outplayed for the the whole game last year, this tear we were outplayed for the first half. I thought we were better team 2nd half and deserved a draw.
I thought for last 20 mins we finally saw why we’ve  paid that money for Beundia

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2021, 12:41:04 AM »

The term 'classy' is overused nowadays, but people booing one of our best ever players didn't really show much class.

Well Ratboy wouldn't know class if it presented itself in his face.

He doesn't deserve any fawning and going on a fucking walkabout at the end to be last man off? ******.

Plenty did applaud him, and plenty gave him some too. Me included. He couldn't wait to fuck off. We owe him nothing. He owed us for turning a blind eye all those years. He owed the club for what he's become.

I'm glad he chipped it off the side of the pitch, as I said at the time, it slipped off his greasy boot. I'm glad he put a shit ball through that went over the goal line. Anyway at least we don't have to think about him again for a few months.

Online Drummond

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2021, 12:42:26 AM »
And tonight, that second goal was a tasty finish, perfect counter attack.

We just didn't do to them what they do to everyone else. Close down the space get into them fouls and niggle all the time. When we started to we were far better.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2021, 12:42:58 AM »

The term 'classy' is overused nowadays, but people booing one of our best ever players didn't really show much class.

He doesn't deserve any fawning and going on a fucking walkabout at the end to be last man off? ******.

Plenty did applaud him, and plenty gave him some too. Me included. He couldn't wait to fuck off. We owe him nothing. He owed us for turning a blind eye all those years. He owed the club for what he's become.

I'm glad he chipped it off the side of the pitch, as I said at the time, it slipped off his greasy boot. I'm glad he put a shit ball through that went over the goal line. Anyway at least we don't have to think about him again for a few months.

Well said. Far more boos from what I could hear than applause.  Talk Sport were trying to spin the Villa Till I Die song as being in support of him, which it very clearly wasn't.

Online Drummond

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2021, 12:44:07 AM »
And I got a parking ticket for parking on a grass verge, not on the road, not on a yellow, or in a permit space. Arse.

Online Drummond

« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2021, 12:44:54 AM »

Well said. Far more boos from what I could hear than applause.  Talk Sport were trying to spin the Villa Till I Die song as being in support of him, which it very clearly wasn't.

Absolutely.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2021, 12:52:18 AM »
Passive first half, giving them far too much room and time to switch the ball endlessly (and tediously) without laying a glove on them. The finishes for their goals were good, but we made it easy.

Bailey not closing and Mings off on his travels. Two preventable chances.

In fairness, beyond the swivel hit in the 2nd half, they didn't threaten us with anything meaningful.

They're clearly a brilliant side. One of the best in Europe and the world. But they're tedious. They strangle games and bore you into making an error. They're the Mayweather of football. All that money and all that talent, obviously one of the greatest about, but fuck me, they could send a glass eye to sleep.

2nd half was much better. The press, the effort and getting amongst their back four. Ollie played well and held it up and ran them excellently. Chuck did well when he came on and should have scored. Lovely move and set up by Buendia, who continues to be a puzzle. Marv looking a Premier League player and Dougie excellent too. Glad Sanson was a positive when he came on, I have genuine hopes for him.

Wasn't expecting anything, but pleased with the performance.

As for Grealish, I booed the ******. Lacking class? I'm Villa through and fucking through to my core. This is my club. Its why I'm not home yet at quarter to 1 on a Wednesday. Why I have a 10 hour round drive planned for the 14th. Why if we ever get relegated again, I'll be there. Why if we get into Europe again, I'll be there for the flashy trips to Prague and Hamburg and the lesser supported two years running trips to the likes of Vienna. "Because it means everything to me" and I actually mean it. Like it means everything to you too and anybody that pours and ounce of soul into this glorious thing of ours that is Aston Villa.

That fucking fraud tried to fuck off to Spurs, tried to fuck off to Yanited and eventually fucked off to those dull, soulless, plastic human rights abusing ******. For his inevitable shiny baubles and his place in the pantheon of "did they play for us?" like Navas and Shaun Wright Philips.  He could have been a Totti, he could have helped keep a good Villa man in a job, he could have chosen immortality, but he didn't. Because he's a lying rat, ******. He isn't one of us.

Fuck knows what possessed anybody to clap a Man City player, never mind him.

Villa till I die. Abso-fucking-lutely.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2021, 12:58:07 AM »
I am with Ads.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2021, 12:59:58 AM »

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2021, 01:15:34 AM »
Just home. Very encouraged by tonight. Our shape in the second half and the higher press really unsettled City. Shame about Bailey. Another injury is not what's needed coming up to Xmas.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal