collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.  (Read 24564 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2021, 01:20:21 AM »
Why do teams give them so much space? Get into them. Do what they do, leave one on the opposition, niggle, foul, push, shove and get into their face.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2021, 01:30:50 AM »
What Ads said.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2021, 01:44:39 AM »

They're clearly a brilliant side. One of the best in Europe and the world. But they're tedious. They strangle games and bore you into making an error. They're the Mayweather of football. All that money and all that talent, obviously one of the greatest about, but fuck me, they could send a glass eye to sleep.

Yup, bang on.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2021, 01:47:07 AM »
I've been critical of Bunedia but that slide pass to set up Chucky was sublime.

More so the whole move started with him breaking the lines in midfield. That chance was entirely down to him. He has a pretty good second half I thought - looks a confidence player, and hopefully that confidence is coming…

Getting a full game under his belt will have helped too.

Offline Rory

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2021, 01:49:46 AM »

The term 'classy' is overused nowadays, but people booing one of our best ever players didn't really show much class.

Well Ratboy wouldn't know class if it presented itself in his face.

He doesn't deserve any fawning and going on a fucking walkabout at the end to be last man off? ******.

Plenty did applaud him, and plenty gave him some too. Me included. He couldn't wait to fuck off. We owe him nothing. He owed us for turning a blind eye all those years. He owed the club for what he's become.

I'm glad he chipped it off the side of the pitch, as I said at the time, it slipped off his greasy boot. I'm glad he put a shit ball through that went over the goal line. Anyway at least we don't have to think about him again for a few months.

Well said. Far more boos from what I could hear than applause.  Talk Sport were trying to spin the Villa Till I Die song as being in support of him, which it very clearly wasn't.

Wow, that's a stretch. I guess 'I'm Villa till I die, or at least until a better offer comes along because I'm a mercenary chav' didn't catch on.

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2021, 01:52:21 AM »
I couldn’t take the train today as no trains back to my part of the world with that KO time and I remembered why I don’t like driving. Getting off the M6 onto the expressway is a queue for 20 mins, parking is a pain in the arse, running back to your car so you don’t get caught in traffic is a pain in the arse and generally feeling much more stressed is a pain in the arse.

[/quote]
We drive down from Rochdale and Manchester (But not tonight !). We get off at J7 as there are more options, i.e. onto Walsall Road, turn left down Queslett Road, then Aldridge Road, Greenholm Road, Kingstanding Road, Crossway Lane, College Road, The Ridgeway, turn left onto Brookvale Road & park outside the shops on left or Walsall Road, turn left on Church Road, College Road, then The Ridgeway as before. About 15-20 minutes walk topside to VP and you can walk past all the traffic after the game as they crawl along Brookvale Road !

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2021, 01:52:44 AM »
Passive first half, giving them far too much room and time to switch the ball endlessly (and tediously) without laying a glove on them. The finishes for their goals were good, but we made it easy.

Bailey not closing and Mings off on his travels. Two preventable chances.

In fairness, beyond the swivel hit in the 2nd half, they didn't threaten us with anything meaningful.

They're clearly a brilliant side. One of the best in Europe and the world. But they're tedious. They strangle games and bore you into making an error. They're the Mayweather of football. All that money and all that talent, obviously one of the greatest about, but fuck me, they could send a glass eye to sleep.

2nd half was much better. The press, the effort and getting amongst their back four. Ollie played well and held it up and ran them excellently. Chuck did well when he came on and should have scored. Lovely move and set up by Buendia, who continues to be a puzzle. Marv looking a Premier League player and Dougie excellent too. Glad Sanson was a positive when he came on, I have genuine hopes for him.

Wasn't expecting anything, but pleased with the performance.

As for Grealish, I booed the ******. Lacking class? I'm Villa through and fucking through to my core. This is my club. Its why I'm not home yet at quarter to 1 on a Wednesday. Why I have a 10 hour round drive planned for the 14th. Why if we ever get relegated again, I'll be there. Why if we get into Europe again, I'll be there for the flashy trips to Prague and Hamburg and the lesser supported two years running trips to the likes of Vienna. "Because it means everything to me" and I actually mean it. Like it means everything to you too and anybody that pours and ounce of soul into this glorious thing of ours that is Aston Villa.

That fucking fraud tried to fuck off to Spurs, tried to fuck off to Yanited and eventually fucked off to those dull, soulless, plastic human rights abusing ******. For his inevitable shiny baubles and his place in the pantheon of "did they play for us?" like Navas and Shaun Wright Philips.  He could have been a Totti, he could have helped keep a good Villa man in a job, he could have chosen immortality, but he didn't. Because he's a lying rat, ******. He isn't one of us.

Fuck knows what possessed anybody to clap a Man City player, never mind him.

Villa till I die. Abso-fucking-lutely.

Standing ovation. Stolen for Facebook

Offline Rory

« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2021, 02:11:37 AM »
Oh and agreed on the Grealish/classy bollocks. I don't condone personal abuse in any form, but he left because he thought he was better than us and absolutely deserves boos. Anything less would be sycophantic and anti-competitive.

Football is based on emotional attachment and tribalism. Anybody who expects us to applaud a mercenary who left us because some dodgy owners could provide him with medals through a husk of a football club can fuck off, as far as I'm concerned.

This isn't wishing a mate all the best in his/her future career. This is a ****** who could've lived two lifetimes on the money we've already paid him, choosing to ditch us.

Rationalise it however you want on a personal level. But if we as a fanbase accept his logic, we might as well give up.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2021, 02:35:28 AM »
I think out of all our summer  signings Ashley youngs been the best.  He was excellent again tonight

Given his performances under Gerrard, I'd agree. I suppose the jury is still out on the big money signings - let's hope we'll asses them more positively at the end of the season but certainly underwhelming so far.

Offline KRS

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2021, 02:48:38 AM »
They were all over us like a rash at the start mainly due to standing off them and allowing them to play their passing game, but we gradually came back in to it. First goal should have been blocked but the second was a good counter and excellent finish. We came out fighting in the second half and proud of that performance as they all dug in showing great team spirit…on another day and with more clinical finishing we come out of that with a draw but it wasn’t meant to be. Plenty of positives to take from that game and they’ll learn from it. Overall we look a much better team these last few weeks and it’s genuinely exciting to see how we are progressing already. Looking forward to Sunday.

Edit: special mentions for Sanson and Chuck who both looked good and showed great promise when the game on. Disappointed Bailey is injured yet AGAIN.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 02:50:40 AM by KRS »

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2021, 03:19:18 AM »
Couldn’t watch the game due to work. Mid afternoon here. But watching the game tonight while we seemed very intimidated to start with, by the end of the first half and much of the second we were very much Man City’s equal. Especially the last 20 min we played with a tenacity I haven’t seen from us in a long while. Doug and Buendia were very good indeed. McGinn was everywhere and Ollie led the line superbly. Great to see Sanson look good when he came on.

Such a shame young Chucky didn’t fire that one home. Wouldn’t have flattered us at all if it ended a draw.

If we play like that against every team the rest of the way we will win more than we lose. Very encouraging to see.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2021, 03:33:13 AM »
John McGinn played a very defensive role in the first half which changed after the break and gave us more impetus, Bailey is trying to hard and not looking for the easy option, he will get better. Watkins played at his best, the ball stuck and he caused them problems. I am a little miffed that the players did not work out early that playing the ball out of defence wasn't an option, all it did was pile on the pressure. Sanson did well when he came on, just wonder how fit he is.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2021, 05:20:47 AM »
Our best chances in the first half came from drawing them onto us by playing it out from the back. It was terrifying to watch though.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2021, 05:52:47 AM »
Not much mention of the penalty decision on here.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2021, 06:30:40 AM »
City in the 1st half were fantastic, there passing and movement and the way they closed us down was fantastic

Both Silva (for me he was brilliant) and Sterling who tormented Cash was excellent

2nd half us scoring early made a difference to the game, we could and should of equalised

You can see by the way that Gerrard wants the team to play that he wants centre-halves who are comfortable on the ball - I would imagine this will be priority in January.

Grealish - i don't think he will lose too much sleep over the reception he got from the Villa fans, I have had worse abuse when I have walked into a pub on a Saturday night!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal