collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.  (Read 24863 times)

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
Re: Aston Villa 1 v Moss Side 2 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2021, 08:39:44 AM »
Thought Nakamba was excellent with a couple of tackles that Alan Evans would have been proud of.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2021, 08:42:37 AM »
Why do teams give them so much space? Get into them. Do what they do, leave one on the opposition, niggle, foul, push, shove and get into their face.

Exactement. We were chasing autographs for most of the first half...

I agree and disagree with this. Agree on the basis that pressing them and getting in their face can work well against teams. Disagree on the basis that all their players have the ability to withstand any press and pressure and if it isn’t perfect every time they will punish you. They have quality in every position emphasised by the fact that our star player for a number of seasons who went to them was only a sub.

We did well in the game for where we are now in our development. A bit of better finishing might have got us a point.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2021, 08:53:04 AM »
We needed t be a lot more careful with the ball when we got it. Cash crossing the ball to no where did not help.

Online Nii Lamptey

« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2021, 08:55:26 AM »
Anyone else think the crowd has been really flat the past few games? Quite disappointed by it last night considering who was returning - Thought there would be more of an Everton (couple of seasons ago) feel to it.

I'm in the Upper Trinity and all they seemed to do up there was applaud Joe's warmups and substitution - Fucking sickening. How about showing some support for the 11 wearing the kit of the team you support??
The Holte tried to get things going but nothing seemed to stick.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2021, 08:59:16 AM »
Anyone else think the crowd has been really flat the past few games? Quite disappointed by it last night considering who was returning - Thought there would be more of an Everton (couple of seasons ago) feel to it.

I'm in the Upper Trinity and all they seemed to do up there was applaud Joe's warmups and substitution - Fucking sickening. How about showing some support for the 11 wearing the kit of the team you support??
I don’t like the drowning out the crowd noise right up to kick off, I thought the atmosphere last night was better than Brighton.
The applauding Greasy was vomit inducing.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2021, 09:06:36 AM »
I might frame that post by Ads.

Yesterday was a weird one. I said in the match thread that some of our younger supporters seem to have absorbed the Sky narrative of our place in the pecking order. Maybe it is a bigger issue than that? Maybe there is a weird sort of Stockholm syndrome at play?  I cannot understand people clapping for the biggest Judas in our history. So called Villa fan who thought he was too big for us . Absolute C**t.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2021, 09:10:08 AM »

I don’t like the drowning out the crowd noise right up to kick off, I thought the atmosphere last night was better than Brighton.
The applauding Greasy was vomit inducing.

It was.

I shouted to "have some fucking pride in yourselves" which was well received around me, and just as it went quiet the lad next to me, with expert timing, shouted "love you Jack!" , bought the house down!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2021, 09:17:01 AM »
That could have been a pen.
I thought it was a pen but they didn’t spend much time on it. Would’ve been different up the other end. But it looked to me that Ake kicked Konsa in the back of the leg and Konsa actually kicked the ball out even though a corner was given.
Ake went through Konsa. Compare with Targett's penalty concession at the Arse Stadium; similar but more obvious last night.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2021, 09:22:06 AM »
I thought we could've been more aggressive in our approach, how many of their players walked off at HT with a bruise? I'm not advocating violent challenges only something a little more robust. It's the case with many teams against the likes of Stockport City, standing off too much and allowing them to play to their strengths, a good hefty challenge gives them something to think about. It's still a contact sport so we shouldn't be frightened to make contact. We may have conceded a couple of bookings but it may have been worth it to get a more positive result.

As for the clapping, I couldn't hold back and had a pop at those clapping, primarily for giving support to an opposition player being bought on when we were trying to get something out of the game. After the final whistle is fair game, which is why I fucked off pretty sharpish, I'm there to support Villa not an ex player.

When Smith returns I'll clap him when he walks out but he can get fucked from first whistle to last, it's all about us.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 09:24:39 AM by Nev »

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2021, 09:27:46 AM »
Why do teams give them so much space? Get into them. Do what they do, leave one on the opposition, niggle, foul, push, shove and get into their face.

Exactement. We were chasing autographs for most of the first half...

I agree and disagree with this. Agree on the basis that pressing them and getting in their face can work well against teams. Disagree on the basis that all their players have the ability to withstand any press and pressure and if it isn’t perfect every time they will punish you. They have quality in every position emphasised by the fact that our star player for a number of seasons who went to them was only a sub.

We did well in the game for where we are now in our development. A bit of better finishing might have got us a point.

The problem with just 'getting into them' is that it means you lose your shape easily and then they are in. It's part of their ploy to pull players out of position and tire the opposition out. Brighton try the same, but without world class players.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2021, 09:30:29 AM »
Well said Nev.  That’s  how it should be.  The clapping was weird, but not unexpected. 

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2021, 09:46:44 AM »
Personally, I wouldn’t applaud or boo his name being read off the team sheet, his warm up, him coming on, or anything he did in play - unless it was something twatty that I’d boo any opposition player for. During the game he was just someone else’s player.

At the end, I got angry with him for something that didn’t actually transpire. For a moment I thought he was going to walk to the Holte with our players and I shouted ‘Don’t you dare think you can come down here with MY team!’ , but he walked the other way to the ManCity fans first, leaving our own players to receive our undiluted applause - no confusion about who the applause was for, no mixture with boos and our lads got a great ovation for their performance.

So when he did come down to applaud us, on his own, I didn’t give him a rapturous reception, I sung ‘Villa til I die’ at the top of my lungs with the rest of the crowd which I thought was perfect, but yes, I clapped - it was quite half hearted, but I did - for the past & for the memories, the ones he spoilt. I honestly still don’t know how to feel but it’s mostly more sad than angry.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2021, 09:48:27 AM »
It was some of the people around me in the Upper Trinity who couldn’t wait to get on their feet to give him a standing ovation. Baffling, I mean I get the look what he did for us argument but is this the level of ambition you have for the club, applauding people who’ve gone onto supposedly better things. I realise I’m turning into an old dinosaur legacy (spit) fan but I’m gobsmacked people are happy to just accept the narrative.

Anyway we move on and hopefully we’ve new heroes and a team to cheer as the season progresses.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2021, 09:55:04 AM »
Only saw the first half so can’t really comment on the match overall. I didn’t think we were all that bad really in the first half. They were both excellent goals by MC. Saw Grealish laughing when the cameras panned to him after the first went in- he soon stopped when he realised he was on camera. Prick. That second goal was the best I’ve seen for a long time. A touch of the Van Basten’s about it. Thought maybe Martinez could’ve maybe done a bit better as he was well placed but maybe a bit far off his line to really do anything. 2-1 at least is respectable. Dunno if we were a lot better 2nd half or MC just eased off?

The way they get all over you with the pressing is just stifling. We didn’t help ourselves with the short passing fancying about with it at the back. Thought Buendia did quite well. Still not convinced on Bailey though.
if Martinez is on his line , he saves the second.

If he’d been on his line the player would likely have had time to control it and score. It was a brilliant, controlled finish.

I was sat in the corner of the Doug Ellis, so was almost level with it.  There was an air of inevitability about it when they broke, but the cross field ball to him was inch perfect and he didn't have to break his stride.  The finish was top drawer as well and so well struck first time that I don't think Martinez had a chance really.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2021, 09:58:47 AM »
The first twenty minutes or so, we didn't get near them and although we crept into the game a little, their two goals were both brilliant strikes. We did well second half but I don't think we played that badly overall really. Watkins and Nakamba were both excellent and a decent effort from Chucky, a player we really need to hold on to.

As for Joe, that walk around the pitch was all about him. He knew the camera was folowing him around and he took advantage. I just watched the spectacle for a bit then went. Our players deserved a clap, not him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal