collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:25:34 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 02:21:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:20:52 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Resale of tickets punishments  (Read 20466 times)

Offline exigo

Re: Resale of tickets punishments
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2021, 07:48:29 PM »
According to the ticketing system, they've only been printing Spurs away tickets today to get out for next weekend – mine was ordered a fortnight ago. With the post as it is around our way, I wouldn't back all 3,000 tickets to make it through in time either. If they're gonna wait until it's a sell-out before printing every away game, those collection queues are only getting longer.

Offline bones.

• GM : 28.01.2020
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2021, 08:27:00 PM »
My daughter had to pick up a ticket at Stamford bridge because it was posted late, she was told she’d need ID but didn’t, the ticket she was given turned out to be a duplicate of one already held by another member of the party she was with, she didn’t know this until it wouldn’t work at the turnstile, luckily a lad standing near in the queue let her have a spare he was carrying. I guess he didn’t realise being kind carries such a risk.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2021, 06:24:40 PM »
Glad to hear that ST holders are still able to pass tickets to friends and family, but contacting the TO to inform them seems a bit OTT. Is there any reason for this such as Covid tracking and does the friend/family member get match history added to their ID? It doesn’t make much sense when there are no checks at the game and just causes more unnecessary admin work for the TO staff.

Not sure if it goes on their history, I’d presumed it would, will monitor.

“A season card holder advertising home tickets at the value of 1/19th” is not allowed so
Whereas in the past I might have said if there was a friend on here who was a parent with an under 14 happy to be in reserve for the family stand in case we can’t make should get in touch, I believe doing that now might contravene rules.

it sounds like advertising is the offence, not entirely clear if allowing someone to buy our pair of tickets for the princely cost price sum of £29.10 would be not allowed and we’re only allowed to give away for free - ie transfer to named folk with ID  🤷🏻‍♂️.

Have a couple of father & sons I know anyway so hopefully won’t ever waste the family zone tix I’m not allowed to sell back to the club.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2021, 08:08:55 PM »
According to the ticketing system, they've only been printing Spurs away tickets today to get out for next weekend – mine was ordered a fortnight ago. With the post as it is around our way, I wouldn't back all 3,000 tickets to make it through in time either. If they're gonna wait until it's a sell-out before printing every away game, those collection queues are only getting longer.

I'm waiting for one of my tickets to arrive late before I have a proper go about this.  It's not resolving anything posting them out late, only pissing more people off than before.

Got to say though I was disgusted with one email I saw where a lions club ordered tickets only to sell them on, on the basis that they were worried they would lose out in future ballots if  they didn't apply.  On the other hand the Villa created the situation with that away scheme when we were in the Championship.    I am also unhappy about the way the club are dealing with resale tickets - if I had sold my Lower Holte End ticket for wolves I would get something like £12 - the club would then tout the ticket at £39 plus admin fee plus postage. 

Its not all black and white but the Villa have a lot to answer for themselves.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2021, 06:04:05 PM »
bump.

i'm not using my season ticket tonight. i knew this would be the case when the fixtures came out, so i put it up for resale at the first opportunity a few weeks ago. it hasn't sold, despite being towards the front of the lower holte and one of the cheapest seats in the ground.

i note the game isn't sold out tonight (still £55 tickets in the upper trinity!). the cynic in me thinks the club only resells tickets when the match is fully sold out, but does anyone know if this is the case, or not?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2021, 06:12:07 PM »
That is what other posters have suggested on different threads here, yeah...

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2021, 06:15:36 PM »
bump.

i'm not using my season ticket tonight. i knew this would be the case when the fixtures came out, so i put it up for resale at the first opportunity a few weeks ago. it hasn't sold, despite being towards the front of the lower holte and one of the cheapest seats in the ground.

i note the game isn't sold out tonight (still £55 tickets in the upper trinity!). the cynic in me thinks the club only resells tickets when the match is fully sold out, but does anyone know if this is the case, or not?
Same for me.Lower Holte and ticket is nowhere to be found on resale.Hmmm

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2021, 06:49:48 PM »
Shhh, don't let Fred know....

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2021, 06:59:37 PM »
that's because football clubs see us as customers only these days - do they really give a toss about supporters?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2021, 07:00:59 PM »

That is in the terms and conditions of resale, to be fair.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2021, 10:51:39 AM »

That is in the terms and conditions of resale, to be fair.

certainly not explicit, but assume is covered by the highlighted section below.

anyway now i know, assume it will be the same for chelsea, and will give it to someone instead.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2021, 07:42:55 PM »
55 pounds for the upper trinity is a lot,if you want to bring a child along, plus food prices,my ticket for the holte end works out 15 pound per match

richtheholtender

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2021, 12:03:26 PM »
Can people advise if there is  better way of doing this. I have my ST but I like to take my niece to games where possible. The only way i know I can do this is to sell my ticket back to the club and then buy 2 tickets together. I cant/won't do this though until mines sells so is there a better way I can do it?

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2021, 12:20:59 PM »
Can people advise if there is  better way of doing this. I have my ST but I like to take my niece to games where possible. The only way i know I can do this is to sell my ticket back to the club and then buy 2 tickets together. I cant/won't do this though until mines sells so is there a better way I can do it?

You need to get your niece a membership (if she does not have one already) and then when the game goes on sale to members phone the club up, find 2 together and move your seat and buy one for your niece

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2021, 01:41:45 PM »

I have a similar situation with my nephew. He has a Villa Cubs membership, but at the time tickets go on sale to Villa Cubs & members, Which is online at 5pm so you can’t sort it by phone, I am not entitled to buy one next to him for myself as a Season Ticket holder (even if I had already put my own ticket back in the pot). This is crazy - we can’t be the only adult season ticket holders who want to take a child to a few games a season. It’s pretty basic!

I get round it because I also have a claret membership for my husband, so I buy tickets elsewhere in the ground for me and my nephew, using my husband and my nephew’s memberships. Then my husband sits in my season ticket seat.....which is fine if you have a spare membership floating about as I have, but most people will just have one for their ‘cub’.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal