collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Resale of tickets punishments  (Read 20675 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Resale of tickets punishments
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2021, 10:24:32 PM »
How are they going to police this with their ticket office workforce of 3 part timers?

Ray Fairfax would have sorted this shower out.

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2021, 10:39:06 PM »
The rules seem to suggest the offence is advertising the tickets. So that would be touting which is illegal (as is drinking alcohol in a moving vehicle I believe).

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2021, 02:16:42 AM »
I've given my ST away numerous times over the years to friends and family if I cannot make it, I just like someone to sit in my seat if I cannot attend!

That’s a weird one because you are allowed to do that, but you are supposed to do it officially by getting the club to cancel your card for that game and send you an e-ticket to pass on. You’re not supposed to lend your actual card.

Slightly more complex, they are happy for you to pass on but with their knowledge, so don’t want to issue you a same name e-ticket, but instead do it to another ticket ID so they know who is there. If it’s last minute passing on which happened for me a few times with child health stuff it’s a bit of extra hassle, but to be fair it was relatively easy to get through on Saturday (2 mins & 10mins)

Just to say we are not allowed to sell back to the club for the family zone, so am making sure all fan IDs are linked for ease of last minute reallocating.

Also agree will be interesting if/how these rules are publicised.

There is some contradiction to some advice more informally offered through the @AVFCSupport Twitter account where they had previously said (only) “ideally we need to know the details of the supporter taking their place”

Incidentally DMs for that Twitter are an effective none urgent way to get in touch, but be aware they go in chronological order to respond and sending a 2nd/fresh message puts you back down the bottom of the list.   

Offline KRS

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2021, 05:23:48 AM »
Glad to hear that ST holders are still able to pass tickets to friends and family, but contacting the TO to inform them seems a bit OTT. Is there any reason for this such as Covid tracking and does the friend/family member get match history added to their ID? It doesn’t make much sense when there are no checks at the game and just causes more unnecessary admin work for the TO staff.

With regards to ticket price increases…we have to draw the line somewhere and that line has been crossed for the Wolves game. I want to attend regularly and could have bought 2 tickets (both Claret members) but I simply refuse to pay £100 for 2 tickets for a league game…the real cost for a few hours is actually over £125 (or £60+ per person) when you factor in food, drinks and travel. For me, to have that cost on a regular basis simply isn’t realistic or affordable so if that’s the route we’re going down then I’m just going to have to be more picky over which games to attend…and with living costs on the rise, I expect it will be the same for more supporters.

To put it simply, supporting and going to the Villa has always been a passion, a priority and an affordable past time my entire life that you go to week in week out regardless of how well we’re doing, who we’re playing, whatever the weather or other social commitments you have. Villa Park is my second home but now it seems like it’s turning into an expensive luxury day trip that you can only go to once in a while. It’s quite sad that this is what it might be or evolve more into, but as long as we’re selling out games and have a long ST waiting list, then I very much doubt if the club give a toss if a percentage of the tickets are sold to day trippers or Johnny come latelys rather than core Villa fans. We’re quick enough to criticise the likes of Man Citeh and their fans, but keep going down this path and we won’t be too far behind what their match going fan base has become.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 05:29:26 AM by KRS »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2021, 08:53:12 AM »
The rules seem to suggest the offence is advertising the tickets. So that would be touting which is illegal (as is drinking alcohol in a moving vehicle I believe).

It's not illegal to drink alcohol in a moving vehicle but it is illegal to drink alcohol in a coach on the way to a designated sporting event.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2021, 09:01:57 AM »

It's not illegal to drink alcohol in a moving vehicle but it is illegal to drink alcohol in a coach on the way to a designated sporting event.

Thank fuck for that. I don't know what I'd do (as a passenger) without my car beers down the M40!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2021, 09:36:50 AM »
I agree about the wolves price hike - it seems unjustifiable for that game.  But I would point out if you are wiling to compromise on location there were tickets at £29.50, £35.00 & £37.50 in Zones 6, 5 & 4.  I suspect this compares favourably to a lot of the top half clubs in the PL?

Offline KRS

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2021, 11:33:59 AM »
Yeah I meant to edit my post after posting to say that I could consider buying seats in a cheaper block. Looking at the block prices, there also appears to be quite substantial concessions so that would make it much more affordable for someone like my old man (worth noting that concessions aren’t applicable on certain higher priced blocks).

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2021, 04:35:51 PM »
Another email received telling me about ticket punishments.Could be interesting if you are chosen to pick up your away ticket from the host club with photo Id.

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2021, 05:08:31 PM »
Another email received telling me about ticket punishments.Could be interesting if you are chosen to pick up your away ticket from the host club with photo Id.

I had to do that on Wednesday at Chelsea - and they checked my ID. No problem as it was genuinely my ticket but that would scupper a few people I reckon.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2021, 05:11:44 PM »

I had to do that on Wednesday at Chelsea - and they checked my ID. No problem as it was genuinely my ticket but that would scupper a few people I reckon.
That's what I'm on about

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2021, 05:24:52 PM »
There seems to be a fair bit of supporter registration by the back door going on.

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2021, 05:46:14 PM »
How long before we see touts at Villa Park....?

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2021, 05:54:03 PM »
How long before we see touts at Villa Park....?
Foo Fighters

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2021, 06:25:47 PM »

Ways and means I guess, but that can often be a huge pain in the arse on match day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal