collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Resale of tickets punishments  (Read 20467 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Resale of tickets punishments
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2021, 07:18:30 PM »
AVFC Support on Twitter:

Season ticket holders are still able to pass their ticket on to family members and friends for games that they can't make, but you will need to contact the Ticket Office to change the name for that match.

Is sending them a Tweet/email sufficient, seeing as they never answer the phone?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2021, 08:28:10 PM »
It looks like they think that attendances and demand aren't going south any time soon so they can start to squeeze a bit harder.

Pretty much this. We're selling out most weeks now (compared to even MON seasons when attendances were good but still in 36-38k range most weeks) so why not squeeze extra 5-10 quid out of people given demand is there if a couple of hundred don't want to pay extra.

Just up to us to raise a fuss and perhaps they'll be a compromise. Happened at Liverpool with their owners making some ricks over ticket prices in the past, there were protests and things got watered down. While we're not that type of fanbase really I'm sure Purslow would look at things and raise it with the owners if he got a few emails sent to him.

Reminds me of something else. I remember mid point last season there was big talk you'd need photo ID to get into games in covid era. I assume that idea got dropped as didn't need any of that to make the Brentford game.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2021, 10:13:02 PM »
It looks like they think that attendances and demand aren't going south any time soon so they can start to squeeze a bit harder.

Pretty much this. We're selling out most weeks now (compared to even MON seasons when attendances were good but still in 36-38k range most weeks) so why not squeeze extra 5-10 quid out of people given demand is there if a couple of hundred don't want to pay extra.

Just up to us to raise a fuss and perhaps they'll be a compromise. Happened at Liverpool with their owners making some ricks over ticket prices in the past, there were protests and things got watered down. While we're not that type of fanbase really I'm sure Purslow would look at things and raise it with the owners if he got a few emails sent to him.

Reminds me of something else. I remember mid point last season there was big talk you'd need photo ID to get into games in covid era. I assume that idea got dropped as didn't need any of that to make the Brentford game.
But,but: isn't there something about a random id check requiring photo ID for away matches?

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2021, 10:35:01 PM »
However, I do think they need to do something with away tickets.  There's clearly a significant number of people who buy an away for every game with the intention of selling it on but keeping their history.  That doesn't sit right with me.  I know there will be occaisions they are bought in good faith and need to be moved on, but I'm aware a number of people buy with no intention of attending.

It’s less than is being made out   The real touts here are the club yes our Villa where for big home games could make a massive profit with resales.   Ps away tickets meant to be £30 max but Villa add on 50p admin fee this is all forgotten when the club are casting aspersions

Offline j66acd

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2021, 11:27:05 AM »
They dont know there own system. You could upgrade kids tickets online and pay the difference and print the tickets. They were adamant you couldnt but i did it for newcastle and brentford.

That’s good to know!!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2021, 11:34:00 AM »
AVFC Support on Twitter:

Season ticket holders are still able to pass their ticket on to family members and friends for games that they can't make, but you will need to contact the Ticket Office to change the name for that match.

Is sending them a Tweet/email sufficient, seeing as they never answer the phone?

I've used the Twitter function when there's been a glitch on away tickets and means of delivery, which they've managed to sort over DM.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2021, 12:02:46 PM »
From botched investigations when they initially cancelled tickets for a regular attendee this will not end well I can assure you.  Villa are becoming more cash conscious and less concerned about the fans at any given moment

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2021, 08:02:26 PM »
Phoning the ticket office is archaic in this day and age for such a simple process. Why can't it be done online? Then email an e ticket to the ticket holder who can then forward to the person having the ticket.
I waited 37 minutes for a response yesterday....culminating in a complete waste of time!

My ticket for Chelsea last night hadn’t arrived by Tuesday and I leave for work a couple of hours before the post arrives so no chance of seeing it on Wednesday.

I sent an email to the ticket office on Tuesday evening. I had not received a reply by 11am so called and after 15 minutes got through to a very helpful person who organised a duplicate to pick up from the Shed ticket office but warning I would need photo ID. Ticket was available as promised and they did ask for ID. Bloke told me there were loads like me who hadn’t received their original ticket.

PS original ticket has still not arrived. In my experience the ticket office are helpful but getting through is much harder than it used to be.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2021, 08:06:42 PM »
They are starting to lose touch with the supporters which is disappointing  - Always thought of Villa as a family club its no longer, them and us.  This ticket resale malachy doesn't affect me as I will get one from my history or somehow, but the club are less than whiter than white over the problem from the very beginning of the issue with that daft away scheme, which not only was a touting paradise for both entrants and the club but the left over effects are now being shown only too well

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2021, 08:46:24 PM »
Phoning the ticket office is archaic in this day and age for such a simple process. Why can't it be done online? Then email an e ticket to the ticket holder who can then forward to the person having the ticket.
I waited 37 minutes for a response yesterday....culminating in a complete waste of time!

My ticket for Chelsea last night hadn’t arrived by Tuesday and I leave for work a couple of hours before the post arrives so no chance of seeing it on Wednesday.

I sent an email to the ticket office on Tuesday evening. I had not received a reply by 11am so called and after 15 minutes got through to a very helpful person who organised a duplicate to pick up from the Shed ticket office but warning I would need photo ID. Ticket was available as promised and they did ask for ID. Bloke told me there were loads like me who hadn’t received their original ticket.

PS original ticket has still not arrived. In my experience the ticket office are helpful but getting through is much harder than it used to be.
Following the debacle at Reading a few years ago  I dread the thought of collecting my ticket from the away TO. It was bloody chaos and I managed to get in at half time! Some didn't get in at all!

Offline curry muncher

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2021, 09:12:18 PM »
Price increases and punishment for ticket resales , are all part of the gentrification planned.

They want working class lads down there, replace them with middle classes, corporates, Johnny come latelys and Immigrants.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2021, 09:19:09 PM »
Price increases and punishment for ticket resales , are all part of the gentrification planned.

They want working class lads down there, replace them with middle classes, corporates, Johnny come latelys and Immigrants.

Is this a two phased, long term plan? Entice the working class lads in, and then replace them with the groups mentioned? And are there other groups, LBGT for example, in this plan or is it just those specific four?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2021, 09:30:10 PM »

Immigrants.

Is that a band?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2021, 09:31:56 PM »
I wonder how legally watertight those punishments are. I know there will be terms and conditions in the contract for season tickets, but this all seems very unilateral. I might fine the club £1,000 every time  we let in a last minute goal or don’t buy a defensive midfielder. £10,000 for playing 5 at the back.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2021, 10:05:27 PM »
How are they going to police this at home games?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal