collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by brontebilly
[Today at 01:49:23 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by simon ward 50
[Today at 01:43:06 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

NSWE Investment by FrankyH
[Today at 01:25:27 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 01:06:15 PM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Louzie0
[Today at 12:16:54 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by WarszaVillan
[Today at 12:15:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Resale of tickets punishments  (Read 20797 times)

Offline Exeter 77

Re: Resale of tickets punishments
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2021, 02:59:49 PM »
Rely on the old East Germany-style 'inform on your neighbours, fabulous prizes to be won' idea? Even then how would the regulars know if the people they usually sit next to had sold their tickets directly or via the club?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2021, 03:00:05 PM »
The stewards by me can’t stop folks from walking to their seat with a pint. I wouldn’t expect them to sniff out someone using their mates ST.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2021, 03:10:28 PM »
As a season ticket seller, I can sell back to the club but at a 20% loss. But they will only put my 2 tickets on sale when all the others have sold out. Thing is, my seats are bang on the halfway line so another fan would possibly want them over some corner somewhere, or wherever the last seats are. I understand that the club want to sell their tickets before mine, and I have no problem with that. On the other hand, I could have sold them to a mate, to somebody on here, etc but that is a punishable offence now. Means, that I'm down the thick end of 150 quid for the Manchester City and Leicester matches.

You can actually tell the club you are ‘giving’ your seat to a friend or family for a certain game, and they will send you an e-ticket for them so you don’t have to lend your card.

I wouldn’t like to say whether there was any way of telling if money changed hands after this legitimate transaction.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2021, 09:37:55 AM »
Thanks for the replies, everybody. I think you are probably right and also that it is fine to share with people if they are in your 'preferred friends' list.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2021, 10:53:44 AM »
I was going to give my mate my season ticket this week, as I have a wedding ? I’m guessing now with vaccine passports needed that won’t work ?

I don’t want to be on the naughty step.

The shame is he hasn’t been for years. I’d rather him have it than make £25.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2021, 11:15:07 AM »
I was going to give my mate my season ticket this week, as I have a wedding ? I’m guessing now with vaccine passports needed that won’t work ?

I say go for it. I've never had a ticket checked for the name, and I don't know anyone that has. With the enhanced measures coming in, there's every chance we'll have to flash a QR code vaguely towards someone that probably couldn't care less, but the chances of them stopping you to check the name on it are, in all likelihood, zero.

Remember, these protocols to require a covid pass have been in place at the Villa since August, and we were told spot checks were being increased as of the Wolves game. Has anyone noticed this, besides hospitality? I haven't.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2021, 11:17:07 AM »
Has anyone noticed this, besides hospitality? I haven't.

There aren't any spot checks in hospitality. They just make you wear a mask to get in through the door, and after that it's do what you want.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2021, 11:19:26 AM »
Agree, it’s all lip service, they aren’t checking covid passes against ST details otherwise we may as well start queuing for Burnley today.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2021, 11:20:07 AM »

I say go for it. I've never had a ticket checked for the name, and I don't know anyone that has. With the enhanced measures coming in, there's every chance we'll have to flash a QR code vaguely towards someone that probably couldn't care less, but the chances of them stopping you to check the name on it are, in all likelihood, zero.

Remember, these protocols to require a covid pass have been in place at the Villa since August, and we were told spot checks were being increased as of the Wolves game. Has anyone noticed this, besides hospitality? I haven't.

Thank you. Yeah I’ve given it to a few friends for some games , and sold it back to club for a couple. I’ll tell him to go for it.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2021, 12:37:53 PM »

nope. i've been checked twice, away at chelsea in the league cup, and away at spurs.

never been checked at villa park.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2021, 12:42:48 PM »
As I said after the Leicester game, we got asked for proof of vaccination by somebody in a pink tabard outside the Trinity. I don't think they would/could have done anything if we hadn't shown them our passes. (Which we were happy to do, and did).

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2021, 11:29:13 AM »
I was asked by two separate people with phones in Witton Lane before the Brighton game if I was vaccinated and if I had the pass. They didn't ask me to show it though. I assumed it was surveys to see what impact they would have.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2021, 12:09:06 PM »
We’ve had a ticket passed on & been into the club twice to tell them about it & they’ve said it’s fine, but have still only provided a ticket in the original owners name - so we are hoping no one is going to pull us up on this today. We filled out the covid form in the new owners name….so who knows how that will pan out!

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2021, 06:25:04 PM »
With such a useless and rude ticket office manager anything could happen at the club. Senior management need to get rid ….. and as for Lee Preece what a waste of space that bloke is

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2021, 09:26:26 PM »
We’ve had a ticket passed on & been into the club twice to tell them about it & they’ve said it’s fine, but have still only provided a ticket in the original owners name - so we are hoping no one is going to pull us up on this today. We filled out the covid form in the new owners name….so who knows how that will pan out!

That’s interesting. I’m now just sending a DM via Twitter and asking them to transfer to a friends Tkt ID (someone already on my friends list); they then send to me e-tix in their name so all above board. First time I did it (esp as they don’t let you resell in the family section as per T&C) they just sent me e tix in our own names to pass on (they have been said on Twitter it’s ok to pass on, but since have said it has to be done the friends ID

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal