collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Resale of tickets punishments  (Read 20470 times)

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
Re: Resale of tickets punishments
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2021, 03:49:26 PM »
Interesting re the away debate. I live in London and for years was able to get tickets as a season ticket holder for all the away games in the area as I had built up a history of away tickets alongside my ST. Then there was a period where I couldn't attend a number of games and when I went back to trying for away tickets with a worse ticket history and by the time it got to me (ie ST holder but no away games purchased for the season) they were sold out time after time. Now I've just given up altogether, which denies me around 6 shorter trips from home to see my team. I've always wondered how they sell out so quickly. I guess that's part of the reason.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2021, 03:57:33 PM »
AVFC Support on Twitter:

Season ticket holders are still able to pass their ticket on to family members and friends for games that they can't make, but you will need to contact the Ticket Office to change the name for that match.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2021, 04:08:12 PM »
Are we still allowed to give our ticket away when we can't attend? I never bother reselling it so that's an empty seat if I can't.
Why don't you resell through the club?  You only have to click one button on the website.

Selling your seat back to the club is a piece of cake - it is literally a couple of clicks on the website.
Passing a ticket on, officially, entails a phone call.

Not the case with me on Friday Amfy.
I tested positive for Covid on Friday morning and was feeling appropriately shit.
The first click resulted in a block saying an error meant I could not sell it back. When I called the TO yesterday morning to get a refund for tonight's game, they couldn't explain this...especially as the sell back time had been extended from the usual 24 hrs before the game to Saturday morning. Trying for a refund for the ticket for tonight's game I was told the cut off point was 24 hrs so I didn't qualify.....but this was at least 30 hours before the game!
I've always praised the TO.
No longer I'm afraid.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2021, 04:08:39 PM »
I go with my nine year old son but when I am unable to  go I give my ticket to the lads grandad who takes him. Bit daft if I had to cancel my ticket to get a paper ticket sent out to give to him instead of my card.
I’m lead to believe that Liverpool season ticket holders can nominate up to 20 people that can use their card in the event they themselves cannot go.
You don't though really.  Nobody's ever going to check your Dad's ID and assuming he doesn't get himself arrested or kicked out it's just never going to be an issue.

Well, until they bring in face ID and retina scans that is...

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2021, 04:37:52 PM »
My gripe is, if I can’t attend a home game but would rather not lose £40, I have to wait until the game has sold out to resell via the club? I’d happily give them the 20% or whatever they want to take for selling it as soon as I realise I can’t go, rather than having to wait til days or hours before the game.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2021, 04:37:57 PM »
Couldn't give my ticket away to anyone when we were shit a few years ago, now there be like flies round shit

You say that, but my brother and his lad were away for the Newcastle game, and they gave their tickets to his mate so's he could take his kid to his first game. Said mate had actually got a ticket for himself for the game anyway which he'd then tried to give away. I'm not sure what circles he moves in, but he had no takers.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2021, 04:50:38 PM »
I'm all in favour of the clamp down on resale / passing on of away tickets.

However, the rules re home tickets seem a bit OTT

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2021, 04:52:22 PM »
Agree with most of it except the ban on selling  ST's at 1/19 value. Surely there should be a route to sell your ST seat if you can not attend a match?

There is, you can sell it back to the club for 80% of the price of one game.  Except for Wolves this means I get a shade over £24 back, and the club are now selling that exact same seat for £49.50 - that's pretty much how touts work as far as I can make out.

This is it.  If the club offered ST holders a fair price for returning tickets the club have already sold (as you don't get paid unless they do) then fewer people might sell them through alternative channels.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2021, 05:05:05 PM »
Interesting re the away debate. I live in London and for years was able to get tickets as a season ticket holder for all the away games in the area as I had built up a history of away tickets alongside my ST. Then there was a period where I couldn't attend a number of games and when I went back to trying for away tickets with a worse ticket history and by the time it got to me (ie ST holder but no away games purchased for the season) they were sold out time after time. Now I've just given up altogether, which denies me around 6 shorter trips from home to see my team. I've always wondered how they sell out so quickly. I guess that's part of the reason.
I'm similar - I had just about enough of a ticket history to get away tickets ... half a dozen home games each season, but went to 3 or 4 local-ish away games against the less popular clubs (e.g. Wigan).  Kids came, my booking history has pretty much become nothing ... guess I'm not going to an away match again :(

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2021, 06:11:11 PM »
19 match ban for consumption of alcohol on an official coach?  Fucking hell.
they've got to catch you first :)

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2021, 06:12:30 PM »
AVFC Support on Twitter:

Season ticket holders are still able to pass their ticket on to family members and friends for games that they can't make, but you will need to contact the Ticket Office to change the name for that match.
what a ball ache

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2021, 06:35:14 PM »
Phoning the ticket office is archaic in this day and age for such a simple process. Why can't it be done online? Then email an e ticket to the ticket holder who can then forward to the person having the ticket.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2021, 06:36:59 PM »
Phoning the ticket office is archaic in this day and age for such a simple process. Why can't it be done online? Then email an e ticket to the ticket holder who can then forward to the person having the ticket.
the wonders of modern technology....

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2021, 06:42:36 PM »
They dont know there own system. You could upgrade kids tickets online and pay the difference and print the tickets. They were adamant you couldnt but i did it for newcastle and brentford.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2021, 07:05:17 PM »
I waited 37 minutes for a response yesterday....culminating in a complete waste of time!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal