collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Resale of tickets punishments  (Read 20464 times)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Resale of tickets punishments
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2021, 01:46:37 PM »
Are we still allowed to give our ticket away when we can't attend? I never bother reselling it so that's an empty seat if I can't.
Why don't you resell through the club?  You only have to click one button on the website.

Selling your seat back to the club is a piece of cake - it is literally a couple of clicks on the website.
Passing a ticket on, officially, entails a phone call.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2021, 01:59:57 PM »
I think "Fan ID transfer of a (season) ticket" means if someone in your family or friend group passed away you couldn't just give it to another family member the club sells it to someone on the waiting list.

Yes, I think that's what they're getting at, people gifting a 'legacy' season ticket while there's loads on a waiting list.

I don't think they're clamping down on passing it to a mate or whatever if you can't make the odd game. I'm assuming this is aimed more at people getting paper or e-tickets on a match by match basis either as STH 'extras' or members with never any intention other than selling it on.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2021, 02:09:36 PM »
This is the Liverpool Dilemma.

My mate and his brother have been going to Anfield on season tickets for 20 years, in a name of somebody who died in the early 90s. They had an amnesty recently and they're now in their own names.

I guess passing a season ticket on for a game physically or passing on a ticket isn't the issue. Its, in terms of away support, those like myself who are about to depart for Chelsea and would still be going if we were about to depart for Outter Mongolia, versus those that buy away tickets for every game, but don't bother going. That artifical card building stops new away support and should be cut out.

Not liking the travel to pick up tickets considering I'm not from around here.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2021, 02:19:29 PM »

Hmmmm, how can you not be 'from around here' (there, where you are?) :-)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2021, 02:25:16 PM »

My mate and his brother have been going to Anfield on season tickets for 20 years, in a name of somebody who died in the early 90s. They had an amnesty recently and they're now in their own names.

I guess passing a season ticket on for a game physically or passing on a ticket isn't the issue. Its, in terms of away support, those like myself who are about to depart for Chelsea and would still be going if we were about to depart for Outter Mongolia, versus those that buy away tickets for every game, but don't bother going. That artifical card building stops new away support and should be cut out.

Don't they mean picking up the ticket from the away ground before kick off?

In which case you presumably will be there if you're going to the game (which is kind of their point I guess).

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2021, 02:26:23 PM »
Hmmm.

So, given that we're now, for the first time in decades, selling out every one of our home matches over a decent period of time, that draconian stuff looks to me like a distinct change in the balance of power.

It's gone from 'please buy our tickets' to 'follow our rules or no tickets'.

I know that sounds a bit of an overreaction put like that, but it's how the nuances of it feel.

I agree.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2021, 02:33:44 PM »
Agree with most of it except the ban on selling  ST's at 1/19 value. Surely there should be a route to sell your ST seat if you can not attend a match?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2021, 02:36:59 PM »

Don't they mean picking up the ticket from the away ground before kick off?

In which case you presumably will be there if you're going to the game (which is kind of their point I guess).

That's exactly it. On a random basis they'll send the ticket to the away ground instead of posting it to you, where it can only be collected by the person whose name it's in, if they have ID.

I can see the thinking behind some of it, but the overall feeling is that they've given it as a task to some officious "Gareth" type from The Office, who has been given the job of coming up with a list of "consequences".

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2021, 02:52:46 PM »
If the demand is there and our improvement continues there's only one direction where next season's season ticket prices are going and I think we could be talking talking energy level increases.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2021, 02:59:16 PM »
Hope that the club will not increase prices too much for next season- if they do then this could be my last season ticket after 30+ seasons

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2021, 03:09:12 PM »
Agree with most of it except the ban on selling  ST's at 1/19 value. Surely there should be a route to sell your ST seat if you can not attend a match?

There is, you can sell it back to the club for 80% of the price of one game.  Except for Wolves this means I get a shade over £24 back, and the club are now selling that exact same seat for £49.50 - that's pretty much how touts work as far as I can make out.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2021, 03:10:48 PM »

Also have Liverpool-supporting mates.  One basically has had a season ticket since he was youn.  There was a couple of seasons when he'd had a newborn kid, so he 'sold' his season ticket to someone else.  They got the use of his seat for a couple of years, then he had it back off them afterwards.  Seemed fair enough to me - it wasn't like it was some random, just a mutual friend of ours who was (and still is) on the waiting list for one himself.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2021, 03:33:59 PM »
The final entry on the punishments list refers to bans for alcohol on official away trip coaches.

I've been told that at least two people got such a ban following the Barrow game

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2021, 03:35:32 PM »
I go with my nine year old son but when I am unable to  go I give my ticket to the lads grandad who takes him. Bit daft if I had to cancel my ticket to get a paper ticket sent out to give to him instead of my card.
I’m lead to believe that Liverpool season ticket holders can nominate up to 20 people that can use their card in the event they themselves cannot go.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2021, 03:39:13 PM »
Couldn't give my ticket away to anyone when we were shit a few years ago, now there be like flies round shit

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal