collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Plucky Naive Aston Villa 1-3 Penalty United post match thread  (Read 13828 times)

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
Re: Plucky Naive Aston Villa 1-3 Penalty United post match thread
« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2021, 01:29:52 PM »
Ref watch just covered all three incidents.  Luiz - penalty. Oli - no dive and no yellow card.  Not that that will help us.  Greenwood - no penalty because he was too close.  I think that's bollocks because it gives defenders license to go up with arms in the air in a close challenge and then argue they couldn't move their arms out of the way.  For me his arm shouldn't have been there and I am 100% convinced that would have been a pen to them

Agree, that’s a crap argument for not giving the handball. It gives licence to using your arms above your head close up to an opponent's - like volleyball. I don’t see any reasonable excuse for an arm being up there.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2021, 01:33:46 PM »
Ref watch just covered all three incidents.  Luiz - penalty. Oli - no dive and no yellow card.  Not that that will help us.  Greenwood - no penalty because he was too close.  I think that's bollocks because it gives defenders license to go up with arms in the air in a close challenge and then argue they couldn't move their arms out of the way.  For me his arm shouldn't have been there and I am 100% convinced that would have been a pen to them

Agree, that’s a crap argument for not giving the handball. It gives licence to using your arms above your head close up to an opponent's - like volleyball. I don’t see any reasonable excuse for an arm being up there.

I've played a lot of rugby and how he jumped is exactly how you charge down a kick, make yourself big and hope you get some contact, the idea that his arm wasn't there deliberately is laughable and shows the officials lack the basic understanding to make important decisions, The Watkins penalty incident adds to that as well.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #197 on: May 10, 2021, 01:43:40 PM »
They've offered him (Cavani) £2.5 million extra a year on top of already mental wages £200k a week. 

I don't think we're quite in that market yet.

How does a team that Owes a Billion dollars to the Glazer family allowed to make signings of this magnitude?

I thought FFP was meant to st...................oh

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #198 on: May 10, 2021, 01:51:01 PM »
While we are on the subject of rubbish refereeing, I didn't think Ollie's first yellow was right, either.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2021, 01:52:35 PM »
Fernandes style penalties should be banned.

Just for looking like a rat faced little cnut as well as a right fucking girl

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2021, 01:58:38 PM »

Greenwood was no different to the Cash handball v Man. City. Similar distance and speed.

They just make it up as they go along. IMO the long time delay didn't help either as seems incidents can just be forgotten about if the ball dosen't go out of play for a long time.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #201 on: May 10, 2021, 03:39:09 PM »
That's down to us not being savvy enough to put the ball out of play and get round the referee like they would have done

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #202 on: May 10, 2021, 04:23:25 PM »
They're cheats and refs polish their boots with their tongues. Let's just move on from our annual screw job from these fucking Disney FC muppets.

Offline DevonSteve

« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2021, 05:13:35 PM »
Agree with Richard E, I didn't think Ollie's  first yellow was deserved. He slid in and just caught Mc Guire's foot with his trailing knee. It wasn't malicious , a free kick would have sufficed. I think that showed what was to come.
I do wonder if the ref travelled down from Manchester on the United team bus.

Offline malckennedy

« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2021, 05:30:42 PM »
While we are on the subject of rubbish refereeing, I didn't think Ollie's first yellow was right, either.

Particularly as it was our second foul of the half and they had committed 12 at that stage, including several bad ones from Pogba and McTominay

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2021, 05:35:35 PM »
Yep, agreed here as well, it wasn't the worst foul in the first half and the numbers meant they should've had 2-3 in the book by half time, even when we were leading it was setting a precedent that he wasn't going to ref the game equally.

A yellow card has to be reckless and just because Watkins went off his feet doesn't mean it meets that, the Pogba follow through on Bert was far more dangerous.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2021, 12:56:35 AM »
Prize Pratt of the Week award goes to Villa legend Jenas who actually went out of his way to PRAISE the ref for sending Ollie off as, "This is the sort of thing we want to see removed from the game."

What a ****!

Oh and the Greenwood handball wasn't even worth talking about apparently...

I'd expect this sort of one-eyed crap on MUTV, but I'd always supposed that MotD was, unlike Sunday's ref, was meant to be neutral in its outlook?

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2021, 09:10:03 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal