collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Plucky Naive Aston Villa 1-3 Penalty United post match thread  (Read 13969 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Plucky Naive Aston Villa 1-3 Penalty United post match thread
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2021, 05:59:50 PM »
McGinn and Targett best Villa players and I rate as highest performers and matched anyone of the opposition.
McGinn shades my villa player of the match.
But Matt Targett continues to be impressive though lacking ultimate quality in delivery offered some but defensively think he's been great today and most improved.

To an extent Watkins Konsa, Mings, Cash and Traroe played well in lots of periods in first half especially and Villa had spells in second at 1-1 and 2-1 down especially but limited and my main two identify stand out are the quality and consistent of McGinn or Targett in recent matches continued.

Martinez 7.
Good, composed but may have done better with Greenwood goal

Cash 7.
Pretty good tbf considering he wasn't getting great cover and support from Bertie .

Targett 7.5.
solid along with McGinn is the form player who has been consistent 7+ ratings.

Mings 6
Solid first half will be disappointed with goal by Greenwood

Konsa 6.5
Better of the 2 defenders this time. Did his best not to react to Rashford fouling him but drawn into drama. Was undine by Cavani Movement but much better than in previous matches

McGinn 7.5.
Form player. And high level continues. Good Energy and held Midfield together. As mentioned last week. He's been carrying Douglas and today he was outstanding in his pressing and passing . Marked down half point as booked.

Douglas Luiz 5
Not good enough today casual and foolish for pen
Have had concerns for weeks now on his displays as observed. I've made comments ill discipline and wa no surprise he gives away a pen rightly subbed.

Barkley 6.5.
Started slow. Corners were woeful. Has a fre kick opportunity complete waste with his shot grew into fane but was largely awol and not enough impact in match til 2-1 down then subbed 

El Ghazi 6
Subbed. Largely ineffective.

Traore 7
Brilliant wonder goal. Marked up.
Was a liability in lack of tracking back but was a wonder at times going forward and bright attacking play.

Watkins 5.5
marked down
for being sent off needless foul which put him in position to recieving second caution
Tirelessly running and pressing as ever

Ramsey-6
Davis -6.5
Wesley-5.5
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 06:02:05 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Uknowthescore

« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2021, 06:01:53 PM »
Enough now Mods get rid of this idiot

Who

Offline Allan C

« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2021, 06:10:38 PM »
I think today proved we are just a mid table team. No more than that. Slightly higher with Jack. Something we need to build on in the summer. A number of these players won’t be starters come August one would hope.
This is spot on and I’ve been saying it all season. We have improved massively since last season and the rebuild will carry on next season with squad improvements. I’m happy with the season because I can see the improvements

Offline Baldy

« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2021, 06:16:41 PM »
McGinn and Targett best Villa players and I rate as highest performers and matched anyone of the opposition.
McGinn shades my villa player of the match.
But Matt Targett continues to be impressive though lacking ultimate quality in delivery offered some but defensively think he's been great today and most improved.

To an extent Watkins Konsa, Mings, Cash and Traroe played well in lots of periods in first half especially and Villa had spells in second at 1-1 and 2-1 down especially but limited and my main two identify stand out are the quality and consistent of McGinn or Targett in recent matches continued.

Martinez 7.
Good, composed but may have done better with Greenwood goal

Cash 7.
Pretty good tbf considering he wasn't getting great cover and support from Bertie .

Targett 7.5.
solid along with McGinn is the form player who has been consistent 7+ ratings.

Mings 6
Solid first half will be disappointed with goal by Greenwood

Konsa 6.5
Better of the 2 defenders this time. Did his best not to react to Rashford fouling him but drawn into drama. Was undine by Cavani Movement but much better than in previous matches

McGinn 7.5.
Form player. And high level continues. Good Energy and held Midfield together. As mentioned last week. He's been carrying Douglas and today he was outstanding in his pressing and passing . Marked down half point as booked.

Douglas Luiz 5
Not good enough today casual and foolish for pen
Have had concerns for weeks now on his displays as observed. I've made comments ill discipline and wa no surprise he gives away a pen rightly subbed.

Barkley 6.5.
Started slow. Corners were woeful. Has a fre kick opportunity complete waste with his shot grew into fane but was largely awol and not enough impact in match til 2-1 down then subbed 

El Ghazi 6
Subbed. Largely ineffective.

Traore 7
Brilliant wonder goal. Marked up.
Was a liability in lack of tracking back but was a wonder at times going forward and bright attacking play.

Watkins 5.5
marked down
for being sent off needless foul which put him in position to recieving second caution
Tirelessly running and pressing as ever

Ramsey-6
Davis -6.5
Wesley-5.5

Agreed 100% Mr Footy.

No doubt all our players are intelligent off the pitch, but some lack intelligence on it. Thankfully, they are young enough to learn and hopefully will improve sooner rather than later.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2021, 06:23:51 PM »
Same old same old

Our goal was v superb play, McGinn & Traore 👏

Not sure I can see Deans point ref the penalty, it was a penalty all day long, silly tackle to even attempt & completely unnecessary.  Douglas needs to step up his game!

Second goal was poor from Mings but Emi should have saved it comfortably.

Third was a good goal

Greenwood handball, for VAR to spend what 2 minutes looking at it & then not inviting the ref to have a 2nd look is why VAR is all wrong....those conversations need to be broadcast as there is no way to trust the process.

Watkins sending off was plain wrong, for the referee to call him out as cheating he has to be certain that he was indeed cheating & there is no way he can have been certain.... he refereed the whole game like an autograph hunter & he couldn’t not wait to do his duty and send someone off.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2021, 06:26:09 PM »
Take it as a compliment.

To me, this fixture is the epitome of a banker for them.

Yet they were nervous enough about it to get their own referee in.

The justification for this one is a laugh n'all. Apparently Andre Marriner (Villa fan) has declared he's a Villa fan so can't ref Villa games. Some twat who supports Newcastle has declared that he's a Mag and can't ref Newcastle (Or Sunderland) games.

Kavanagh hasn't declared who he supports, so the PL, refs association and whoever are fine with him reffing City and Yanited games.

Because that's how it works.  If an Argentinian ref says he's not an Argentina fan he can ref Brazil games. No problem at all. Just take them at their word.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2021, 06:37:10 PM »
Looking past all the bollocks, if they dont re-sign Cavani, I'd fucking love us to get him in... Even on a 2/3 year deal. I see him as very Ibrahimovic like and could go on till late 30's. His movement for their 3rd was ridiculous, Cash didnt know what day of the week it was.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2021, 06:44:10 PM »
18 fouls for them. Their first and only booking was on 78 mins.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 06:50:31 PM by Clampy »

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2021, 06:44:54 PM »
They've offered him (Cavani) £2.5 million extra a year on top of already mental wages £200k a week. 

I don't think we're quite in that market yet.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2021, 06:44:56 PM »
it was all just too predictable.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2021, 06:47:20 PM »
Looking past all the bollocks, if they dont re-sign Cavani, I'd fucking love us to get him in... Even on a 2/3 year deal. I see him as very Ibrahimovic like and could go on till late 30's. His movement for their 3rd was ridiculous, Cash didnt know what day of the week it was.

If you would like Cavani, what about Aguerro? Is available on a free transfer (and could be refused near penalties!!)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2021, 06:49:18 PM »
They've offered him (Cavani) £2.5 million extra a year on top of already mental wages £200k a week. 

What's the point of having two billionaire owners then?  I don't mean to sound confrontational BTW.  Just wondering when (if not now) we could afford it.  Im not sure I'd have Cavani, but we are certainly able to afford his wages.   

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2021, 06:49:47 PM »

Aaaaaaaagh..... Maybe not then.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2021, 06:58:08 PM »
Andy Hinchcliffe take a bow. The most biased, one-sided commentary ever, topped by his 'his hand was not in an unnatural position, it's never a penalty' comment. The smug smartarse. Even when i'm not particularly interested in the two teams playing, his comments drive me up the wall.
Totally agree with this, the way he commentates you'd think he was fucking Pale, Zico and Jairzhinio rolled into one, so critical. Plus for an ex defender he doesn't like any physical contact in his football. Prick.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2021, 06:58:32 PM »
Players like Cavani, much like Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic are proper world class quality footballers. Even in their advanced years they are just head and shoulders in their intelligence above most others. Though can see what they have when they can bring him on and in an instant he can completely change games or integrate into them that makes an actual difference. We are a long way from that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal