collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Plucky Naive Aston Villa 1-3 Penalty United post match thread  (Read 13822 times)

Online baddowvillans

Re: Plucky Naive Aston Villa 1-3 Penalty United post match thread
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2021, 09:18:18 AM »
Strange of Smith to moan about their pen because it was so blatantly a penalty that it has taken all the attention away from the handball.  The fact that MOTD didn't even bother to discuss shows how insignificant we are considered by the media.  I imagine that Dernot Gallagher will also ignore it today whilst no doubt focusing on agreeing that Pogbas was a penalty. 

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2021, 09:18:35 AM »
I’m finding it hard to be upset over this one because it was so crushingly predictable. I thought it was fun though when we had Watkins, Davis and Wesley on. It seemed to unsettle Man U, the defence didn’t know who to go after.

My ref moment is how did Pogba get away with swinging through when Traore nicked the ball off him?

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2021, 09:33:08 AM »
Strange of Smith to moan about their pen because it was so blatantly a penalty that it has taken all the attention away from the handball.  The fact that MOTD didn't even bother to discuss shows how insignificant we are considered by the media.  I imagine that Dernot Gallagher will also ignore it today whilst no doubt focusing on agreeing that Pogbas was a penalty. 

I’m convinced the referee would have been asked to take a look at it if the ball had gone dead within a few seconds of the incident. As it was, play went on for 2/3 minutes, and by then it was brushed away.

We also didn’t make much of a fuss as is our way, but to me his hand was above his head and not in a natural way, and he stopped the ball going back into the penalty area.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2021, 09:49:17 AM »
As soon as they equalised you knew they would go on and win the game. We lack leaders in the team.

Thought we played well for a spell at 1-2, looked like we were the most likely to score next. Davis should have taken that shot on himself.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2021, 10:13:48 AM »
Disappointed losing again to United I was screaming at the tv don't touch him Dougie then what did he do.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2021, 11:07:31 AM »
I’m finding it hard to be upset over this one because it was so crushingly predictable. I thought it was fun though when we had Watkins, Davis and Wesley on. It seemed to unsettle Man U, the defence didn’t know who to go after.

My ref moment is how did Pogba get away with swinging through when Traore nicked the ball off him?

When that West Ham lad got sent for actually kicking the ball and then the player.

We ply under different rules when we play them, it's a fucking disgrace. I really don't mean to be crass in saying this and I'm not equating the two things, but it reminds me of systemic racism in that we get a completely different interpretation of our deeds and actions, from pundits through to officials, depending on which colour shirts are worn.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2021, 11:10:18 AM »
I think in situations like that we should be kicking the ball out and approaching the ref. I also wonder what would have been the reaction in a loud and baying Villa Park - would he have had a look at the screen?

It's not different to the one that was given against us for the Cash handball at man city.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2021, 11:57:47 AM »
I've only seen the highlights and it's groundhog day when we play these cheating twunts. Definite hand ball from greenwood? Penalty 100%. Definite foul on Ollie and it's beyond ridiculous that VAR didn't send the ref to the monitor. Definite pen for them and I'm baffled by Dean's reaction to it. He should have used the opportunity to highlight the other wrongdoings by the inept officials. Pogba did his usual stunt and "bought" the foul. It's so frustrating that Dougie fell for it given Pogbas previous against us. And an absolutely bloody brilliant goal by Bertie. Oh and I fucking despise that football club right to it's arrogant core.

Online baddowvillans

« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2021, 12:17:28 PM »
Ref watch just covered all three incidents.  Luiz - penalty. Oli - no dive and no yellow card.  Not that that will help us.  Greenwood - no penalty because he was too close.  I think that's bollocks because it gives defenders license to go up with arms in the air in a close challenge and then argue they couldn't move their arms out of the way.  For me his arm shouldn't have been there and I am 100% convinced that would have been a pen to them

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2021, 12:35:45 PM »
I thought we started the game poorly and then got right at it and in brief spells looked very comfortable .
We all knew the Penalty would come at some point and Liability Luiz was odds on to give it away, I really do not know what people see in him.

I thought Martinez could have done better for their 2nd Goal and after his bright start and solid performances at the start of the season questions are starting to appear over his performances and decisions in recent weeks. Maybe we should give Heaton a chance for the Final Fixtures at it feels Martinez has become a little bit comfortable in the No.1 Jersey .

We looked better when Davis and Wesley finally got on the pitch, Dean again leaving it far too late for the Subs to make any real game changing impact

A pretty meaningless few matches coming up now with mid-table safety looking to be the outcome of a season that looked so promising. I don't think we will have a better chance to get a European Spot for some time. Jacks injury obviously proving we are a bit of a one man team and it would be a complete Disaster if he was to leave the Football Club .

The Everton game would be the perfect opportunity to try out some of the Squad and give the youth players a taste of Premiership Football as I expect the fans Attending the Chelsea Fixture will want to see the first 11 , especially if paying £50 for a Zone 1 Seat.

"Liability Luiz" is shitechat, dropping Martinez is crazy talk and the transfer window has closed so we can't loan our young players to clubs in Scotland's top flight, even if we wanted to. Resign.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2021, 12:39:16 PM »
Ref watch just covered all three incidents.  Luiz - penalty. Oli - no dive and no yellow card.  Not that that will help us.  Greenwood - no penalty because he was too close.  I think that's bollocks because it gives defenders license to go up with arms in the air in a close challenge and then argue they couldn't move their arms out of the way.  For me his arm shouldn't have been there and I am 100% convinced that would have been a pen to them
If we were in the Ref has to be convinced its deliberate age, then you can say fair enough. But we saw the Cash penalty given and this was much more obvious. No doubts it would have been given the other way.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2021, 01:07:39 PM »
This puts another VAR myth to bed, that it would stop "big" teams getting the decisions.

And Ralph Little should've walked with a second yellow for kicking the ball away.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2021, 01:09:38 PM »
Had another look at the highlights. I love Emi and I think he's been brilliant but I wonder if he'll look back at their second goal and think he could have done better? And the penalty was saveable if he done his homework. When Fernández does his little show off jump he nearly always puts the ball in the same place as his body is committed to a certain angle. Having said all that i wouldn't swap Emi for anyone else.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2021, 01:10:55 PM »
Fernandes style penalties should be banned.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2021, 01:17:23 PM »
I thought we started the game poorly and then got right at it and in brief spells looked very comfortable .
We all knew the Penalty would come at some point and Liability Luiz was odds on to give it away, I really do not know what people see in him.

I thought Martinez could have done better for their 2nd Goal and after his bright start and solid performances at the start of the season questions are starting to appear over his performances and decisions in recent weeks. Maybe we should give Heaton a chance for the Final Fixtures at it feels Martinez has become a little bit comfortable in the No.1 Jersey .

We looked better when Davis and Wesley finally got on the pitch, Dean again leaving it far too late for the Subs to make any real game changing impact

A pretty meaningless few matches coming up now with mid-table safety looking to be the outcome of a season that looked so promising. I don't think we will have a better chance to get a European Spot for some time. Jacks injury obviously proving we are a bit of a one man team and it would be a complete Disaster if he was to leave the Football Club .

The Everton game would be the perfect opportunity to try out some of the Squad and give the youth players a taste of Premiership Football as I expect the fans Attending the Chelsea Fixture will want to see the first 11 , especially if paying £50 for a Zone 1 Seat.

"Liability Luiz" is shitechat, dropping Martinez is crazy talk and the transfer window has closed so we can't loan our young players to clubs in Scotland's top flight, even if we wanted to. Resign.

Honestly, he's not even worth your time and effort.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal