collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Super Big Six Man Utd pre match thread  (Read 17136 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Aston Villa vs Super Big Six Man Utd pre match thread
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2021, 01:43:38 PM »
I don't know about anyone else but I am really enjoying late season mid table boredom. Following Villa since 1977 has usually been a case of feast or famine and very rarely something in-between. I am experiencing a kind of zen calmness which I rarely associate with supporting 'The Villa' especially at this stage of the season.
Oh yes 1977, do you remember the chip shop opposite the Holte End on witton lane ?

Shops used to be on both corners of the junction of Holte Road and Witton Lane, now all replaced with relatively new houses. IIRC you could walk out the rear entrance of the Serpentine up Holte Road turn right onto Witton Lane straight into the chippy and have them eaten before going through the turnstiles.
This picture with tramlines is a little earlier than when I am talking about !

Offline villabear

« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2021, 06:21:54 PM »
‘Lawro’ has predicted a defeat so he can f*** off. Mind you I say that every time I see or hear him which thankfully is becoming less frequent.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2021, 06:35:36 PM »
Given their fixture-congestion next week, can they do what we did in the FA Cup and field a bunch of 17 year olds?

Offline steamer

« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2021, 06:45:41 PM »
First memory of playing these twats was LC Semi
A couple of good years in the seventies, but been routine Rogering for us in the last 15 years +
I despise these toss pots with a passion, despite having a couple of well knowledgeable old school mates who are misguided enough to support them
Someone earlier said Dean has played this fixture well without winning
I agree, Sunday is the day, fuck the fuckers and win.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2021, 06:46:12 PM »
‘Lawro’ has predicted a defeat so he can f*** off. Mind you I say that every time I see or hear him which thankfully is becoming less frequent.

He predicted an Everton win last weekend.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2021, 06:52:46 PM »
This game. This ******* game. Anybody wants to compare our stats against these with every other team in the PL era (not that we were much better in the past), here you go
https://www.11v11.com/teams/manchester-united/tab/stats/

Tbh I'm surprised we've drawn almost a quarter of the games, doesn't feel like that.

I'm sure most of those were down to us not being able to hold out and conceding late, so they'd feel like defeats anyway.

We've rescued a point twice. Four goalless draws, six capitulations.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2021, 07:26:58 PM »
We need to win this one, the finance director where I work is a Utd season ticket holder - he told me this week that he wished he was a Villa fan because then he would not be to upset when we lost, because it would be expected in a lot of the games during the season!!!

He said when you are a United fan the team are expected to win every game!

Yeah, like they expected to beat Tottenham at home last October.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2021, 08:16:41 AM »
I like Deano's comments regarding penalties ahead of the game. Hopefully it plant's a seed in Kavanaghs head that these are cheating snides. Given he comes from G. Manchester and obviously doesn't support them, he ought to be acutely aware that these are a shower of twats.

It's happening, we're turning these fuckers over.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2021, 09:28:08 AM »
I like Deano's comments regarding penalties ahead of the game. Hopefully it plant's a seed in Kavanaghs head that these are cheating snides. Given he comes from G. Manchester and obviously doesn't support them, he ought to be acutely aware that these are a shower of twats.

I'm with you Ads, we are going to win this game.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2021, 09:34:25 AM »
Stand by for the sycophantic Sky coverage, only one team to watch.  I wish Sky would remember that these twunts were part of the firm that would have ended the football coverage contract for Sky had the ESL taken off.  It hasn't taken them long to forget. Plastic fans, plastic owners, plastic baby faced manager.  I fucking hate them. Slags.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2021, 10:14:27 AM »

I'm with you Ads, we are going to win this game.

Are we bollocks. If they play better than us, they'll beat us. If we play better than them, they'll cheat us.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 10:29:04 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2021, 10:24:53 AM »
Solskjaer:

Depends what team I put out in what games, one of them might not be happy because I play a full team maybe in one and next a different 11 in the other. Sunday at 2pm is not the problem. That was always scheduled. Tuesday and Thursday after Thursday-Sunday, that's a big problem.

There might be someone not happy with my team selection for one game or two games. That might affect whoever gets into the fourth position or the Champions League. That’s not my problem. That’s everyone else’s problem.

I cannot risk them, so it has to be rotation and it has to be a lot of rotation, a lot of decisions made on the day of the game. We cannot prepare and prep for the game, which every team does - get a week or two or 10 days or five days. This is someone else dealing hands.

I’ve got to think about my players but I know there will be teams fighting for the Champions League places that will think that's not Man United's best team in that team, that's not the best players.

I can promise you that it's impossible to play 90 minutes at this intensity, at that level in the Premier League four times from Thursday to Thursday. That means I cannot play everyone every minute which means we've got to prioritise.

I trust my players to get a result. Sunday is a big game for us. Of course, Sunday is a massive game and we're looking forward to it after the boost of getting into a final. This will hopefully give us energy and then let's see what we do Tuesday and Thursday. We just have to take it day by day.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2021, 10:31:32 AM »
He keeps moaning about fixture congestion. Clyde, and most Scottish lower league clubs, played Saturday-Tuesday-Thursday for a month while maintaining actual jobs. Sure his squad, which cost more than the American National Debt, can manage thtee games a week for one week.

In any case, the only person to blame for their fixture congestion is his greedy bastard owner and his mates at the other Scab Six clubs.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 10:35:16 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2021, 10:31:51 AM »
Footy why have you posted this shit on here?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2021, 10:33:06 AM »
Stand by for the sycophantic Sky coverage, only one team to watch.  I wish Sky would remember that these twunts were part of the firm that would have ended the football coverage contract for Sky had the ESL taken off.  It hasn't taken them long to forget. Plastic fans, plastic owners, plastic baby faced manager.  I fucking hate them. Slags.
I recommend this post to everyone but wondering why Steve67 is so restrained?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal