collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dirty Whites 0 - 1 Mighty Villa  (Read 21497 times)

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Dirty Whites 0 - 1 Mighty Villa
« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2021, 09:03:34 PM »
Just reading a Leeds forum because I'm pathetic. Apparently Bielsa is on £6m per year! I'd never really thought about how much managers get paid but that seems a lot. Anyone have any idea of the stipend Dean commands?

https://www.sportekz.com/football/premier-league-managers-2020-salaries/

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2021, 09:07:08 PM »
Just reading a Leeds forum because I'm pathetic. Apparently Bielsa is on £6m per year! I'd never really thought about how much managers get paid but that seems a lot. Anyone have any idea of the stipend Dean commands?

https://www.sportekz.com/football/premier-league-managers-2020-salaries/

Fucking hell, he's on less than Bruce! He's being robbed!

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2021, 09:07:44 PM »
Nope, never been to Donegal and have only been to Sligo twice (both brief visits, 30+ years ago and not for sightseeing). A bit weird really given where I grew up.

You should go up sometime, Covid permitting.  You'd be in Strandhill in an hour and the airport is just as you approach the village.  There's not much else there but it's a nice place and the beach is long and lovely.  We do it quite often.

Oh I know, Covid's made me appreciate that and there's plenty more. Never been to Derry, Limerick, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara, Aran Islands and that's just the West Coast. No excuse given how small Ireland is.

Stayed in Lisdoonvarna for a bit and visited the Cliffs of Moher, they are jaw dropping. The brown water out of the taps from the peat takes a bit of getting used to though.

Been to all those places BV mentions, more than once with a couple of them.  The Cliffs of Moher are as you say, absolutely jaw dropping.  I've been there many times but stopped going when the bastards decided to start charging €€12 to park the car!

Myself and a mate took a day trip to the Aran Islands a few years ago and hired bikes for the day.  The weather was beautiful and we had a great day.  It was there that I actually saw a Cuckoo, I heard it a long time before I saw it, it was sitting on telephone wires.

Conemara speaks for itself.  Anyone going there needs to get off the beaten track.  I absolutely love the West of Ireland.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2021, 09:43:13 PM »
I got married in the west of Ireland good few years ago now, beautiful holiday town in Mayo, Westport. The wife’s family come from out that way about 20 miles south, right out in the sticks, nothing but rolling hills one side and the vast Atlantic the other. We go every year pre pandemic and can’t wait to get back.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2021, 10:04:26 PM »
Where else would you get anecdotes about eerie international airports, west of ireland beauty spots player ratings and Leeds hating !!

For those of a more mature vintage, where would Johnny Giles fit in the pantheon of top midfield players in England in the past 50-60 years? He is still going strong on various media channels

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2021, 11:11:49 PM »

Doesn’t seem that much given that he’s the sole reason they’re where they are. When he leaves they’ll drop like a stone, which will be tremendous.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #306 on: March 01, 2021, 01:06:22 AM »
We have a hell of a bench with Grealish, Luiz and Barkley to be bought on...if needed.
Cash, Hause and Wesley too .

Offline sid1964

« Reply #307 on: March 01, 2021, 07:15:53 AM »
Good win - but for me we played to many long balls - I suppose we were worried about getting caught in possession in and around our penalty area by Leeds pressing

That pitch is a disgrace for a premier league team

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #308 on: March 01, 2021, 07:30:08 AM »
Dean said we deliberately played long balls to bypass the state of the pitch.  It was tactical and sensible even if we didn’t hold onto it enough at times.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2021, 07:46:41 AM »
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-ayling-smith-villa-19933907

Fancy a laugh? Apparently Smith was engaging in gamesmanship....

For a bigger laugh check out some of the comments below...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 09:02:28 AM by Drummond »

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #310 on: March 01, 2021, 08:18:23 AM »
Well I suppose Dean’s apparent gamesmanship which was merely shouting comments like ‘you’ve got the beating of him’ to El Ghazi can be compared to deliberately trying to con the opposition into thinking you’re putting the ball out to get a goal advantage, having one of your forwards deliberately getting an opposition player sent off by falling to the floor with no contact, spying on an opponents training session to gain an unfair advantage or of course doing five rolling pirouettes to try and get an opponent booked and then suddenly recovering to be able to square up to him.  Yes they are paragons of virtue.  I love how we wind these people up now.  Long may it continue.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #311 on: March 01, 2021, 08:22:42 AM »
I had images in my head then of Dean proper going in on Ayling and it turns out he didnt say a thing to Ayling. Great journalism.

The irony of Leeds fans moaning that we're a horrible classless club is not lost on me either.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 08:24:53 AM by LukeJames »

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #312 on: March 01, 2021, 08:39:00 AM »
Good win - but for me we played to many long balls - I suppose we were worried about getting caught in possession in and around our penalty area by Leeds pressing

That pitch is a disgrace for a premier league team
Yeah, I think long balls were a necessity given the state of the pitch.  No point trying to play silky football when you're on a ploughed field.

Quite chuffed with that win.  Ground out a result with a workmanlike performance, which is exactly what was required.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #313 on: March 01, 2021, 09:08:02 AM »
Leeds fans are deluded twats #23,659

"Yes we know about Dean's lack of education including the offside laws. What goes round comes round especially when players are encouraged to act injured, wind up opponents and indulge in prolonged time wasting. Overpaid footballers led by overpaid managers generate dissatisfaction among decent fans who expect these "stars" to be role models exhibiting the best ethics morals principles and scruples."

Well, when we've been on the end of a VAR offside call, I've never heard Smith say anything other than "it's the same for everybody, it's either offside or it isn't" which strikes me as a very mature and sanguine take on things.  As for overpaid footballers and managers, Bielsa must get about 5 times what Dean does, and let's have a look at the table shall we.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #314 on: March 01, 2021, 09:13:39 AM »
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-ayling-smith-villa-19933907

Fancy a laugh? Apparently Smith was engaging in gamesmanship....

For a bigger laugh check out some of the comments below...
Thanks for that I needed a good laugh. My god they are a strange bunch at Leeds. Even their local paper making absurd claims about Deano getting in Aylings ear all game clearly forgetting that they change sides at half time. They also claimed that we engaged in time wasting for the whole of the second half which apparently a packed Elland Road would have put a stop to. Oh and we're now the biggest diving cheats in the league even without Grealish. Err Llorente? Bamford? The Ayling flop? They really are a their own republic up there. Fucking mentalists the lot of them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal