collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by AV84
[Today at 10:24:44 PM]

Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by AV84
[Today at 10:21:59 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by ASHTONVILLA
[Today at 10:13:13 PM]

NSWE Investment by Des Little
[Today at 09:58:37 PM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by VillaTim
[Today at 09:54:45 PM]

Ollie Watkins by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:45:04 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Bad English
[Today at 09:39:47 PM]

FFP by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 09:25:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by AV84
[Today at 10:24:44 PM]

Re: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by AV84
[Today at 10:21:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by ASHTONVILLA
[Today at 10:13:13 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:12:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:11:39 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Olneythelonely
[Today at 10:09:09 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 10:04:36 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:01:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dirty Whites 0 - 1 Mighty Villa  (Read 21727 times)

Online Pat McMahon

Re: Dirty Whites 0 - 1 Mighty Villa
« Reply #285 on: February 28, 2021, 08:14:29 PM »
I had to spend about 6 hours in Moscow airport in the 90s and it was indeedpretty shit for a major airport. Back then staff offered to sneak you out for a suitable fee and give a guided tour for a few hours but I balked at the idea of hitting traffic and missing the connecting flight. I also wasn’t too sure about being out in Moscow with no visa and the risk of being dumped or ripped off by the bored airport staff.

Did anybody here ever land in the old Hong Kong airport before it was replaced around 20years ago? Apparently a very hair raising experience coming in near high rise blocks.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #286 on: February 28, 2021, 08:15:05 PM »
I think the technical term for it is ‘projection.’

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #287 on: February 28, 2021, 08:19:53 PM »
I haven't used Donegal airport but I have seen it.  We were up there for a few days break a few years ago and on one of our drives came upon it purely by accident.  It really is lovely, as is most of Donegal.

Sligo airport, although no longer used for commercial flights is also nicely situated in Strandhill, but you'd know that anyway.

Nope, never been to Donegal and have only been to Sligo twice (both brief visits, 30+ years ago and not for sightseeing). A bit weird really given where I grew up.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #288 on: February 28, 2021, 08:22:20 PM »
I had to spend about 6 hours in Moscow airport in the 90s and it was indeedpretty shit for a major airport. Back then staff offered to sneak you out for a suitable fee and give a guided tour for a few hours but I balked at the idea of hitting traffic and missing the connecting flight. I also wasn’t too sure about being out in Moscow with no visa and the risk of being dumped or ripped off by the bored airport staff.

Did anybody here ever land in the old Hong Kong airport before it was replaced around 20years ago? Apparently a very hair raising experience coming in near high rise blocks.

Flew into Hong Kong late 80s at nightime.  I was on the best (or worst) side of the plane as it sloped in to land, you saw the high rise blocks below and as you got nearer it just became a crazy blur and you felt you were going to crash into them.

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #289 on: February 28, 2021, 08:22:57 PM »
The Bielsa fair play thing needs to be balanced with him having to apologise for employing someone to spy on an opposing teams training session.

Doubt if it would’ve happen if DS, JT and all the staff hadn’t turned on Bielsa and his cronies

I still can't quite get my head around the fact that they got a fair play award for that match, a game in which their terrible sportsmanship led to the incident in the first place, and they then had a player retrospectively banned for a truly heinous bit of play acting in getting somebody sent off. If I went and nicked the takings from our local newsagent, I wouldn't expect an MBE for giving them back!

100% with you. It is also something Leeds fans go on about as if they actually had to beat a load of teams to win that award.

I think they are annoying because they like the no one likes us image which goes back to the Revie era, when bottling entered their DNA. I also think they really have a complex at not having a deadly enemy. Newcastle at least have a serious rivalry with Sunderland which pre-dates football. Loads of teams have had a strong rivalry with Leeds over they years - Manyoo, Chelsea, both Sheffield clubs, for example - but each of them has a more bitter rival. Loads of fans dislike Leeds but they are just not important enough to be anybody’s number one pet hate. And that seems to send them yampy. Which is funny.

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #290 on: February 28, 2021, 08:25:49 PM »
The entry into London City if you circle round then come down the Thames over Westminster etc is pretty sweet.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #291 on: February 28, 2021, 08:26:53 PM »
They get funnier.

As for the Llorente incident, I watched it again to see what all the fuss was about. It wasn't just the tackle, it was the hard kick with the following foot that did the damage, after the initial dirty contact.. Then there was the 'grabbed' lift, where Llorente was hauled up, putting his full weight onto one shoulder. 3 yellows in one

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #292 on: February 28, 2021, 08:27:57 PM »
I haven't used Donegal airport but I have seen it.  We were up there for a few days break a few years ago and on one of our drives came upon it purely by accident.  It really is lovely, as is most of Donegal.

Sligo airport, although no longer used for commercial flights is also nicely situated in Strandhill, but you'd know that anyway.

Nope, never been to Donegal and have only been to Sligo twice (both brief visits, 30+ years ago and not for sightseeing). A bit weird really given where I grew up.

You should go up sometime, Covid permitting.  You'd be in Strandhill in an hour and the airport is just as you approach the village.  There's not much else there but it's a nice place and the beach is long and lovely.  We do it quite often.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #293 on: February 28, 2021, 08:32:18 PM »
The entry into London City if you circle round then come down the Thames over Westminster etc is pretty sweet.

Yep it's good if the plane is asked to circle around near The Shard, some great views over London.  I hate the landings there though, it's such a short runway that the planes all come down hard at a really steep angle.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #294 on: February 28, 2021, 08:35:32 PM »

You should go up sometime, Covid permitting.  You'd be in Strandhill in an hour and the airport is just as you approach the village.  There's not much else there but it's a nice place and the beach is long and lovely.  We do it quite often.

Oh I know, Covid's made me appreciate that and there's plenty more. Never been to Derry, Limerick, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara, Aran Islands and that's just the West Coast. No excuse given how small Ireland is.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #295 on: February 28, 2021, 08:35:57 PM »
They get funnier.

As for the Llorente incident, I watched it again to see what all the fuss was about. It wasn't just the tackle, it was the hard kick with the following foot that did the damage, after the initial dirty contact.. Then there was the 'grabbed' lift, where Llorente was hauled up, putting his full weight onto one shoulder. 3 yellows in one

Bless.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #296 on: February 28, 2021, 08:36:23 PM »
They get funnier.

Beautiful.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #297 on: February 28, 2021, 08:43:03 PM »

Oh I know, Covid's made me appreciate that and there's plenty more. Never been to Derry, Limerick, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara, Aran Islands and that's just the West Coast. No excuse given how small Ireland is.

Stayed in Lisdoonvarna for a bit and visited the Cliffs of Moher, they are jaw dropping. The brown water out of the taps from the peat takes a bit of getting used to though.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #298 on: February 28, 2021, 08:51:43 PM »
Just reading a Leeds forum because I'm pathetic. Apparently Bielsa is on £6m per year! I'd never really thought about how much managers get paid but that seems a lot. Anyone have any idea of the stipend Dean commands?

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #299 on: February 28, 2021, 08:52:12 PM »
They get funnier.

Hopefully they don’t put Covid on the death certificate-just leave it at brain dead moron is sufficient

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal