collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sheffield United v Aston Villa - 03.03.21 6pm. Pre-Match Thread.  (Read 10263 times)

Offline Flamingo Lane

Re: Sheffield United v Aston Villa - 03.03.21 6pm. Pre-Match Thread.
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2021, 04:29:22 PM »
A very good friend of mine from my uni days is a Blade, we went to loads of different games during those times, since when we have each liked to see the other's team do well.  I have a bit of an inkling for a draw today, 2-2.

They've scored 2 goals in matches against ManUtd when they lost 3-2 and West Brom which they won 2-1. That's it. We've one of the better defences in the league, surely they can't score 2 against us?

Well you'd hope not, but I guess I've come to expect the unexpected from this Villa side, and Sheffield United will score 2 in a match again sooner or later, just as our run of clean sheets away from home will come to an end sooner or later also.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2021, 04:30:19 PM »
This has banana skin written all over it.

why does it?

Because, as others have said, we always seem to pull out a bad performance after a good one and we seem to be better at beating teams like Liverpool and Arsenal than Burnley or Brighton.

We won 4 straight to start the season which included beating Leicester after we beat Liverpool. We beat Palace after we beat Albion. Of course we will have had bad results after good ones. We are inconsistent as expected of any side sitting where we are. But there is no rule that this is a banana skin game any more than there is a rule that we follow up a poor performance with a good one. We will likely blow a bit hot or cold for the balance of the campaign. And at PL level of we don’t play well against anyone we will lose. Banana skin to me means we will take this for granted and slip up. I don’t see that attitude at the club.

Offline mike

« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2021, 04:53:29 PM »
This has banana skin written all over it.

why does it?

Because, as others have said, we always seem to pull out a bad performance after a good one and we seem to be better at beating teams like Liverpool and Arsenal than Burnley or Brighton.

We won 4 straight to start the season which included beating Leicester after we beat Liverpool. We beat Palace after we beat Albion. Of course we will have had bad results after good ones. We are inconsistent as expected of any side sitting where we are. But there is no rule that this is a banana skin game any more than there is a rule that we follow up a poor performance with a good one. We will likely blow a bit hot or cold for the balance of the campaign. And at PL level of we don’t play well against anyone we will lose. Banana skin to me means we will take this for granted and slip up. I don’t see that attitude at the club.

I'm a middle aged man from Birmingham so I am naturally a glass half full kind of guy. Furthermore, I'm recovering from Covid, which has ballsed up my family climbing/cycling challenge. So don't start with all your positivity, however much it may based on fact.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2021, 05:00:56 PM »
Unchanged team.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2021, 05:03:51 PM »
Unchanged team.

Is that a request or have you got an early heads up ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal