collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dirty Whites 0 - 1 Mighty Villa  (Read 21486 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Dirty Whites 0 - 1 Mighty Villa
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2021, 03:09:46 AM »
Traore is a wonderful player. He has grace.

Offline Caiphus

« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2021, 03:46:08 AM »
Pre-outbreak at the club I was describing us with words I had never really associated with a Villa team before, ie. looking like one of the most physically fit and prepared teams in the division but since the outbreak our energy levels had been noticeably different. This game looks like that pressing energy is back. Hopefully, that means the high-performance staff have been able to increase training loads again without risks to player safety and that the team is clear of post-covid risks like endocarditis.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2021, 07:36:12 AM »
Is this the first time we have recorded 12 wins in the top flight since 2010/11?

Which is shite, in it's own way, obv that we've had to wait so long.  But a clear sign of progress that we've done it so early this time.

That was good enough for 9th that year. Don't think we'll see that play out this season.

More wins than Liverpool, and they have played more than us.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2021, 07:58:27 AM »
Great win, but still do not see the point of Traore. He is a liability. We desperately need some quality wingers in the next window, I think.
Opinions and arseholes and all that but i really like him. I thought he was a handful for Leeds and he put a shift in. I don't think he suits every game and he can go missing sometimes but overall i think he's quality. Reminds me of Chris Waddle only with dreadlocks instead of a mullett.

Offline Reuben

« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2021, 08:40:17 AM »
Is this the first time we have recorded 12 wins in the top flight since 2010/11?

Which is shite, in it's own way, obv that we've had to wait so long.  But a clear sign of progress that we've done it so early this time.

That was good enough for 9th that year. Don't think we'll see that play out this season.

More wins than Liverpool, and they have played more than us.

Imagine being told at the start of the season that after 25 games we'd have won more than Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool...and possibly Chelsea

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2021, 08:41:12 AM »
Perfectly put

Offline The Edge

« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2021, 08:45:14 AM »

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2021, 08:45:56 AM »
Traore was having more trouble with the pitch than anybody else. You could see the doubt creeping in to Raphinha's mind eventually as he tried to second-guess it, electing to play little layoffs rather than trying to beat the man, and he's played on it before.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 08:57:38 AM by Lastfootstamper »

Offline Baldy

« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2021, 08:53:10 AM »
Deano admitted after the previous Leeds match he got the tactics wrong. This time, it was spot on. Well done Deano. Fantastic win.

It is very pleasing that every player in our squad, when called upon, has put in a shift. Great man management. No sulking, just get on with the job.

All deserve praise but a special mention reserved for Mings. Back to his brilliant best.  :)

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2021, 08:58:28 AM »
Just watched the death throes of Bamford about 8 times on a Villa Facebook page, his recovery from near death is quite miraculous, sums Leeds up for me, shithouses to a man bun.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2021, 09:00:27 AM »
Llorentes instant recovery was the best yet their on Leeds fans on our pages including the Villa View claiming we are horrible diving cheats. It’s hilarious.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2021, 09:07:23 AM »
Llorentes instant recovery was the best yet their on Leeds fans on our pages including the Villa View claiming we are horrible diving cheats. It’s hilarious.

It’s full on Qanon batshit levels with these twats, they’re the rags with a few trophies, everyone is out to get them despite them being pure as the driven snow, and everyone is supposed to recognise their majesty despite them routinely spending decades away from the main action.

Truth is, the minute bucket man leaves, they’ll sink like a stone.

And their pitch, fuck me, it’s appropriate in a way as it’s worthy of that shithole of a stadium it’s located in.

Online cdward

« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2021, 09:28:10 AM »
Dean Smith set us up perfectly. We pressed them high in the first half, and got our goal. We went 4-3-3 with the ball, and dropped back to 4-5-1 when we didn't have the ball to stop them playing through us.
Second half we sat deeper and gave up possession in order to keep our shape, as we knew their fitness levels would test us. Each player put a shift in, and we got what we deserved. Well done to Dean and the coaching staff.
 Bielsa and his hanging ball bag were second best. UTV

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2021, 09:28:35 AM »

Like Jacquie Onassis.

He usually presses about as much as her, mind, but yesterday I thought he worked hard and effectively.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2021, 09:41:25 AM »
Watkins has healing hands.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal