collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dirty Whites 0 - 1 Mighty Villa  (Read 21863 times)

Offline TonyD

Re: Dirty Whites 0 - 1 Mighty Villa
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2021, 11:04:16 PM »
This may sound controversial but I think if Jack played tonight we might not have got the win. The way we set up tonight was to contain them and stop their slick pass and move game. With Jack there our mindset would have been different, more attack minded leaving space and holes for them to exploit. Jack obviously plays once fit but I like the energy and effort of that midfield. With the return of Jack Berti would have to drop down I think.
Nurse...
Jack is the first player on our the team sheet.
Dean changed the midfield today and it paid dividend. They stopped Leeds.
Swop Bert for Jack and we would have won more comfortably.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2021, 11:06:22 PM »
Bielsa is ace. Leeds are dirty. He can do better.

I agree about Bielsa. I've never liked Leeds but he's something else. I can't think of many managers that could have taken that Leeds team up from mid table (with the players/resources that he's had) to where they are now (10th in the League). Possibly Klopp? The job he's done is pretty amazing.

Equally I think the job DS is doing is pretty amazing too.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2021, 11:13:59 PM »
Fuck off Leeds

A most excellent summary of the day's events.

Offline big 1st serve

« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2021, 11:28:42 PM »
 Man Buns & Buckets 0....us 1......next

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2021, 12:04:16 AM »
This may sound controversial but I think if Jack played tonight we might not have got the win. The way we set up tonight was to contain them and stop their slick pass and move game. With Jack there our mindset would have been different, more attack minded leaving space and holes for them to exploit. Jack obviously plays once fit but I like the energy and effort of that midfield. With the return of Jack Berti would have to drop down I think.
Nurse...

Nurse what?

Jack plays and we might win more comfortably we don’t know. He plays and our mindset would have been different that’s for sure. Of course he plays every game if available because we are a much better team with him on the pitch in an attacking sense. Defensively we are not. That’s what is so pleasing about tonight..we have a plan B. Get a lead and grind out a win by nullifying a very capable opponent.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2021, 12:06:10 AM »
Bielsa is ace. Leeds are dirty. He can do better.

I agree about Bielsa. I've never liked Leeds but he's something else. I can't think of many managers that could have taken that Leeds team up from mid table (with the players/resources that he's had) to where they are now (10th in the League). Possibly Klopp? The job he's done is pretty amazing.

Equally I think the job DS is doing is pretty amazing too.

Bielsa is great.

He's done an amazing job with Leeds, and he's an intriguing character (sitting on a bucket, refusing to speak English, getting his team playing so well).

Leeds are ******, though, always have been and always will be.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2021, 12:20:14 AM »
Today was a really enjoyable win and one which showed off what a solid defence we have on their day which is backed up by Martinez who has totally changed us as a defensive unit. He is bloody awesome. The swashbuckling style from previous games may have temporarily disappeared but other aspects of the team have shone through. We beat a good team today and our game plan seemed to work a treat. We shackled them. I've heard that they are carping on about our tactics and calling us cheats which is a joke surely? They are masters at the dark arts but their fans seem to have a great big blind spot to that. But at the end of the day who cares? Fuck em. We won fair and square and without doubt we are still heading in the right direction. Upwards.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2021, 12:38:24 AM »
I'm still purring over Konsa's little shimmy in the box with about 15 mins to go.  Wins the ball, drifts between the attackers and plays the pass like it's no big deal.  Was like watching McGrath in his prime.

And he did it all in front of Southgate.  There is no way he wasn't impressed.

I think that was our first win at Elland Road since Southgate scored the winner there way back when.

It was. The commentator referenced that game in his commentary.
Christmas 2000 - Southgate and then Boateng scored the second before Leeds scored. I think Southgate scored both the previous season.
I was a bit surprised when they said that they haven’t done the double over us since 1976.

Remember those two games well. The consecutive away wins at Elland Road with Southgate scoring. And, one of our starters today, Jacob Ramsey wasn't even born when they happened.

Offline wince

« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2021, 12:41:09 AM »
Purposely forgot we were playing. Fuck dirty dirty Leeds.

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2021, 12:45:23 AM »
Nurse...

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2021, 01:22:16 AM »
We could lose our last 14 games and still be safe. Imagine that at the beginning of the season.

Offline pelty

« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2021, 02:00:51 AM »
Great win, but still do not see the point of Traore. He is a liability. We desperately need some quality wingers in the next window, I think.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #207 on: February 28, 2021, 02:08:40 AM »
Seen that Pulisic may be available in the summer.

There's a fair chance that CL clubs across Europe will be first in the queue should that come to pass.

But that would be the calibre of winger who could push us on further.

Other clubs in Europe without the big TV deals might not be able to punch their weight in the immediate future as well.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2021, 02:09:57 AM »
If Bielsa was that great he’d have taken on a team languishing in mid table half way through the season, won ten straight and got them promoted first time.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2021, 02:55:29 AM »
Great win, but still do not see the point of Traore. He is a liability. We desperately need some quality wingers in the next window, I think.

He was poor tonight but he's scored and created plenty.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal