collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by nigel
[Today at 05:10:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:10:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 05:08:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 05:07:30 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Proposition Joe
[Today at 05:06:06 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by SteveN
[Today at 05:05:51 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 05:05:50 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 05:04:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19266 times)

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2021, 06:49:42 AM »
I hope jack was pissed off, i hope they all were pissed off after that second half.

Offline villabear

« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2021, 07:06:26 AM »
Jack was reacting to something Woan said by the looks of it. If anything Dean Smith is telling him to not bother talking to him. I like it when he reacts at times like the other night when being pissed off for been subbed. Shows he cares so much.

On reflection not a great night considering we were leading twice but some people have got short memories. Remember when we were last in this league fighting to stay up but knowing ultimately we would be relegated. Defeat after defeat. Poorly ran. Now we’ve got great owners and optimism.

It’s a learning experience and where we are now is brilliant for me. Progression takes time.

The football we are playing at times is so good to watch. Yes we’re making mistakes and like last night they’ll lead to defeats but let’s have a bit of realism here. We could have beaten Fulham and gone up with old built up shoes still owning the club and with Bruce in charge. We didn’t and thank god all that came to light.

In short we’re doing great. Let’s enjoy it.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2021, 07:09:11 AM »
We just need to be more ruthless in the final third.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2021, 07:21:28 AM »
We just need to be more ruthless in the final third.

we was poor in both penalty boxes - not a good recipe for winning a game.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2021, 07:23:23 AM »
Result aside it was a fantastic game of football.

Online jwarry

« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2021, 07:49:27 AM »
How can anyone say they were the better team second half? They were gifted three goals but we still dominated possession and had the more chances

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2021, 07:54:04 AM »
I can't believe we lost that game. Only 1 point from two games against Burnley when we dominated both games.

Nothing else to say, still pissed off. 

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2021, 08:08:35 AM »
A blip.  Must have been a good watch for the neutrals, we were sublime at times and Burnley's resilience is to be admired..  Take the lessons and move on.  It will help us grow long term, let's put it right on Saturday.

As an aside, my 20 (yes 20!) year old son was purring in the first half..."We are so good" he said "I've never seen a Villa team play like this in the premier league) - so I think we are on the right trajectory.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2021, 08:21:56 AM »
We are going to give someone a right spanking soon.....

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2021, 08:23:52 AM »
Just watched again on MOTD. Needs to replace Traore ASAP. I saw him just ambling back and giving Cash no help at all. I’ve noticed that since Traore has been in the team, the opponents definitely play down our right hand side. No coincidence that and one of the main things that needs to be resolved quickly. Hopefully, Sanson can provide better than we have at present. It’s ok for Traore to score the odd goal but, for a midfielder, he is shocking on his defensive side of the game.
I get the point about Traore. As I said I haven’t bothered watching this one, but in fairness I thought he looked a lot more willing to put a defensive shift in against noocassul. Not great, but he did look like he was kind of following instructions. If you’ve maybe never had to do that before it might take a bit of getting used to. If I was Cash though, I’d be reminding him every time until he starts doing it off his own bat.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2021, 08:29:24 AM »
Jacks going to score one of those runs soon. He could have had 2 GOTS contenders already.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2021, 08:36:09 AM »
How can anyone say they were the better team second half? They were gifted three goals but we still dominated possession and had the more chances

Absolutely. Burnley barely came into the final third. They just went ultra dark age football and on the 4 occasions they came in our box, they scored. Naive defending for the headers and as for the cross for the 2nd, just speechless.

We have battered them over 180 minutes and taken 1 point. I cant fathom it. I cannot fathom the credit that diabolical brand of football receives either.

Online Woody17

« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2021, 08:40:18 AM »
So frustrating again but it has been already been said. We’re losing games and valuable points time and time again to defensive lapses and being incredibly wasteful in font of goal after we have totally dominated an opposition.
It’s infuriating but I truly believe if we could a get quality striker in during the summer we could be on the cusp of something very special with this squad.
It’s an absolute must.
It will be a very long time before we see a team this good for a while if we don’t, as I fear Grealish will seek trophies somewhere else.
We can’t let this opportunity slip through our fingers.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:41:54 AM by Woody17 »

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2021, 08:47:44 AM »

Absolutely. Burnley barely came into the final third. They just went ultra dark age football and on the 4 occasions they came in our box, they scored. Naive defending for the headers and as for the cross for the 2nd, just speechless.

We have battered them over 180 minutes and taken 1 point. I cant fathom it. I cannot fathom the credit that diabolical brand of football receives either.

jwarry. They were the better team second half because they `gifted` two less goals than us.
Ads. I don't think anybody is giving them credit apart from the 4 points credited to them in the points column.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2021, 08:48:03 AM »
As Dion Dublin pointed out on MOTD, Burnley's one player with a bit of flair, Dwight McNeill, had the run of our right hand side in the second half (though not "all night" as Dublin said). Trez for Traore had to be the change at 2-2 at the latest. Smith's in-game changes are one of his weaknesses. He's not pro-active enough.

I have found it odd that Smith has made a point in his pressers recently talking of Traore's work without the ball being his most  impressive attribute. He's improved a bit but it's still by far the worst part of his game !
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:54:44 AM by eamonn »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal