collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Villafirst
[Today at 05:00:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by DB
[Today at 04:59:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 04:58:55 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LukeJames
[Today at 04:58:20 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 04:57:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by ez
[Today at 04:57:01 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by mrfuse
[Today at 04:56:53 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 04:56:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19265 times)

Online stubbsyandy

Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2021, 11:37:43 PM »
Traore is superb going forward but needs to be better tracking back, we can’t expect Cash to raid forward and not get reciprocal support in defence...just needs to work harder com in g back because he’s a very good player. Oh, and also needs better decisions

Offline Skerra

« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2021, 11:38:53 PM »
Just watched again on MOTD. Needs to replace Traore ASAP. I saw him just ambling back and giving Cash no help at all. I’ve noticed that since Traore has been in the team, the opponents definitely play down our right hand side. No coincidence that and one of the main things that needs to be resolved quickly. Hopefully, Sanson can provide better than we have at present. It’s ok for Traore to score the odd goal but, for a midfielder, he is shocking on his defensive side of the game.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2021, 11:41:57 PM »
We took the piss and toyed with them but snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Be more ruthless Villa, then it all looks really sexy! Stop being so casual, drives me mad.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2021, 11:43:06 PM »
I'm going to say it but we need to get ready for life post Jack as he off after this season.

Who told you this ?
Why is he going ?
Where is he going ?
For how much ?

Must admit Grealish did look like he was having a bit of a chunter at Smith when he walked off.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1354519940703907853?s=19

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2021, 11:45:04 PM »
I'm going to say it but we need to get ready for life post Jack as he off after this season.

Who told you this ?
Why is he going ?
Where is he going ?
For how much ?

Must admit Grealish did look like he was having a bit of a chunter at Smith when he walked off.

Not how how see it at all.All his ire is directed at Woan.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2021, 11:48:25 PM »
Didn’t see the match as it kicked off at 04.00 here and I can never be arsed to watch it if we lose. The guardian match reporter might have been watching a different game to a lot of posters on here. They made it sound like a very entertaining match. Hopefully Sanson gives us another option now when we need a goal or 2

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2021, 11:54:01 PM »
Something went wrong after Jack’s goal and somebody, or a collective of somebodies, switched off.

2 goals in 3 minutes is woeful team play from a team that has been mainly fantastic this season, with weird stumbles where we haven’t expected them, like tonight.

I hope the coaches have more idea than I do and can put it right!

Sansom is a wonderful signing, but I don’t want to hang everything on his joining the team, because we should have beaten this lot on recent previous form.

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2021, 12:01:29 AM »
All in all they where better than us, hard to deny that IMO. Stll we are on the up and are often lovley to watch and we are a good mid table team with and xiting future. I m ok with that taking last ten years into consideration. And we did outplay Newcastle last week :).

I'll deny it. They're god-awful crap, and if football had to rely on their typical fare to survive as a spectator sport, it'd die on its arse. Better than us. Fucking heard everything now.
Anybody who thinks that they weren't better than us in the second half was watching a different game.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2021, 12:09:04 AM »
Very disappointing to lose a game we should have won .However as we all know, if you fail to take your chances more often than not you pay for it .Also after seeing the Burnley goals,really poor defending  for the first and third  Burnley goals .Why Konsa and Mings always seem to mark space and leave the likes of McGinn ,Targett and Luiz  to mark the other sides best headers is costing a lot of goals

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2021, 01:53:52 AM »
Second half we made silly errors and were simply too naive. First half we played some fantastic stuff but got a bit too over-confident when we need to be ruthless. For now it’s just hard to shake the feeling we’ve been utterly mugged. And we helped the mugger.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2021, 02:35:07 AM »
Anyway it's all Footy-Vill's fault for jinxing us and pointing out we'd won every game this season after scoring first. Once Ollie scored I should have known we were done for. ;)
i take full responsibility. I predicted 2-0 Villa. At least I got the 2 right and one of the scorers. I really shouldn’t do it! I’m not daft enough to actually believe it in any way affects the result. But always feel a bit of a dick predicting the score and getting it spectacularly wrong!

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2021, 02:46:08 AM »
 Jack was angry and rightfully so. I like Dean Smith but he is very re-active, not making changes until he has no choice. Traore did nothing second half and should have been replaced early, all Burnleys threat came from crosses into the box but he didn't strengthen. All credit to Dyche he was pro-active and made changes and turned a team that was second to every ball into a winning side.

Offline steamer

« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2021, 05:28:17 AM »
Hard to be critical when we remember where we were for the last 10 years or more, but constructive criticism is fair.
We should convert more of the chances we make, our game management has improved but last night was not a good  example of that.
Anyway move on.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2021, 06:17:59 AM »

Who told you this ?
Why is he going ?
Where is he going ?
For how much ?

Cue conspiracy theories that someone has been blowing in Jack's ear and he is manufacturing a fall out.

Not happening.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2021, 06:47:38 AM »
Did not see the game - but heard the comments from Rambo on sky sports - seemed as though the 1st half we should have been out of sight but 2nd Half Burnley were far the better team

With regards to Jack - for me he is here to the summer, and then we will see if we can match his ambition, not sure if playing for a team outside of the Champions League is going to match his ambitions (but lets hope we can persuade him to stay for next season), i realise that he has signed a long term contract but in reality that means not a lot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal