collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v West Ham pre-match thread - Wednesday February 3rd, 8.15pm  (Read 14870 times)

Online RamboandBruno

Re: Aston Villa v West Ham pre-match thread - Wednesday February 3rd, 8.15pm
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2021, 06:45:05 PM »
feel a 4 coming on for some reason

some of my earlier memories against the bubble bys I remember 4 goals from Villa , Ray Graydon and Andy gray and rememeber Savo getting a couple in another 4 goals ..

so Im going for 4 -0   

Im had a few Eldelstoffs I admit but fcuk it - 4 0

hopefully up to 5th

I remember towards the end of the season we got relegated in 87, Warren Aspinall scored a hat trick as we battered them 4-0. Hope sprang eternal of an unlikely great escape, I think that hope lasted approximately a week before normal relegation service was resumed

Massive game tonight, don’t get caught out in a burnleyesque fashion from corners and we can do these.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2021, 06:48:45 PM »
Did he do the 'Villa fan, here in peace' intro?

That always makes me laugh.

Don't know what they (or Sendo, for that matter) get out of it.   

Are you ever going to have away fans change their mind on an opposition forum? "I thought that Grealish was a divin' cant. But with your eloquent defence, I've seen the error of me ways."
I was with him for a while. He put across a really good coherent defence of Jack but decended into the massive club,fantastic stadium, bigger fanbase, won more trophies approach which caused him to lose all his "welcome friend" priveliges. He was all downhill after that. One of their fans came back with "our fans are better looking than yours. Harder than yours and wear smarter clothes than yours" I had to giggle at that one.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2021, 06:49:17 PM »
I don't know why, but I just read the match thread on KUMB. There's a Villa fan on there doing himself no favours, but fucking hell, they're warped.
I looked in on that kumb forum after someone on here mentioned it. There's a very strong dislike of Grealish and most think he's a diving cheat. Cue the Villa fan defending him . He's done a good job of that but in other aspects made a bit of a plonker of himself.

Yup. I love having a look at the opposition forums before a game but would never dream of posting on one.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2021, 07:00:49 PM »
One of their fans came back with "our fans are better looking than yours. Harder than yours and wear smarter clothes than yours" I had to giggle at that one.

KUMB have a youtube channel with a fella called Percy talking utter bollocks about us. If that wasn't bad enough he has a voice that sends alarm bells to get your kids in off the streets.

One of their fans came back with "our fans are better looking than yours. Harder than yours and wear smarter clothes than yours" I had to giggle at that one.

Erm..

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2021, 07:03:14 PM »
When I read (about Jack) " if one of our players did that (dived without bring touched) our fans would be giving him pelters" I know all reality had gone and debate is futile.  Any clubs fans would take no than a couple of games to be president of his fan club.  Hope he stars tonight

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2021, 07:03:21 PM »
I don't know why, but I just read the match thread on KUMB. There's a Villa fan on there doing himself no favours, but fucking hell, they're warped.
I looked in on that kumb forum after someone on here mentioned it. There's a very strong dislike of Grealish and most think he's a diving cheat. Cue the Villa fan defending him . He's done a good job of that but in other aspects made a bit of a plonker of himself.

Yup. I love having a look at the opposition forums before a game but would never dream of posting on one.

Same. In a bored moment the other day, I took a look at the Grealish thread on the main ManYoo site, to see their evolution from "why waste £40m on him when he'd never play ahead of Martial and Lingard", to now and them seeing him as the best player in the league and the obvious heir to Rooney and Cantona.

A SIGNIFICANT number of posts over the last year were from a long-standing poster of this very parish.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2021, 07:06:48 PM »
Yea I've noticed my fellow alumni on there, cleverly disguised  name too.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2021, 07:08:55 PM »

There's a strong dislike of Grealish on every opposition forum......and they'd all wet themselves with excitement if by some miracle he played for them. They can feck off

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2021, 07:15:47 PM »
2-0, 1 goal each half. Hoping to see some changes tonight, even if only using the bench seeing as we're playing again at 12:30 on Saturday.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2021, 07:16:04 PM »
Indeed.

Don't recall a similar level of bile towards Ulysses de la Cruz or Rudy Gestede from the oppo. 

Just mirth and bewilderment as they shinned another one out of play under no pressure.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2021, 07:22:06 PM »
We will more likely as not be the far better team for 75% of the game playing football as good as you will see anywhere in the league. We will more likely as not be creating chances. If we convert then what happens in the other 25% of the game will not matter.
This is the likely scenario for the next 7 or 8 games.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2021, 08:16:32 PM »
2-0.  El Goalzi and Jack.

Fredericks will be sent off by mid-way through the second half. Clearly in the team only to try to decapitate Jack.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal