collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: West Ham vs Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 16069 times)

Offline wolfman999

Re: West Ham vs Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2020, 11:07:52 PM »
The hilarity of PGMOL wankers - not giving Ollie a pen because it wasn't a "clear and obvious" error.  Yet an offside that require three minutes of drawing lines is.  And the decision to overturn the one against Brighton was.  You couldn't fucking make it up.

You couldn’t make it up but VAR do, every week.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 11:10:23 PM by wolfman999 »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2020, 11:08:22 PM »
Everyone keeps talking about this and that the amount of possession we had  and VAR but the bottom line is we are letting in goals for fun and we’ve just lost four out of the last five like or not ladies and gentlemen that’s relegation form
That's the spirit

He's right though.  Four defeats from five and 11 goals conceded against Leeds, Southampton, Brighton and West Ham. Mostly really cheap goals where we didn't lay a glove on them.  We need to cut that out.  Conceding two goals a game is what nearly did for us last season.

He was talking relegation form last week as well though and it’s ultra negative. The results and goals conceded have been poor over four of the last five games, but the form or performances haven’t been. Talking relegation form in November, when we have 15 points is negative for negatives sake.

It's results not performances that decide if you get relegated.  4 defeats in 5 is too short a run to be relegation form but it's getting there. 

Nobody disputes that.

If Aston Villa play 10 games playing like that, creating chances like that and West Ham play 10 games, having around 90 seconds in the opposition box, who gets the most points.

There's no question mark on that, for avoidance of doubt.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2020, 11:08:33 PM »
West Ham fans know they stole it, they know they were shit and it’s extremely telling that a pile of shitt product like them is up to 5th in this league.

Stop fucking about and get the god damn points.

Sick of VAR, sick of excuses, sick of finger pointing. Stop slagging the players off, we should’ve won that crapfest 7-2. We have good owners, I’m not worried in the slightest.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2020, 11:08:42 PM »
Dean has to make a decision with the defence and shake things up because we're shipping goals like last season. i'd like to see someone dropped if he's got the bottle to do it. Defence cost us the game not VAR, or watkins miss. midfield poor. Grealish doing his party tricks and trying to beat half their team again. last season deja vu indeed.  I wouldn't mind so much but west ham were crap, really poor imo. Them being 5th is worthy of an episode of Arthur C Clarke's mysterious world (one for the kids etc..). Utter arse overall.

Two really soft goals, but have to disagree it’s anything like last season. We absolutely dominated that game, we never dominated any games like that last season that I can remember. A couple of sitters and a penalty missed, so architects of our downfall to an extent, but VAR did deny us a draw that was more than deserved.
On VAR in general, the absolute worst element of it, as Watkins scored, I celebrated, my 10 year old sat there and said ‘naw dad VAR will rule it out’. That’s before the replay. Totally taking the joy out of football for kids, that’s the worst bit.

I was like your 10 year old. Didn’t celebrate and unfortunately we were right. Sucks the life out the game

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2020, 11:11:52 PM »
I think this team does not believe in itself, we were better than West Ham, we were better than Brighton but no points.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2020, 11:14:08 PM »
I think this team does not believe in itself, we were better than West Ham, we were better than Brighton but no points.

In what sense, in front of goal?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2020, 11:14:23 PM »
Dean has to make a decision with the defence and shake things up because we're shipping goals like last season. i'd like to see someone dropped if he's got the bottle to do it. Defence cost us the game not VAR, or watkins miss. midfield poor. Grealish doing his party tricks and trying to beat half their team again. last season deja vu indeed.  I wouldn't mind so much but west ham were crap, really poor imo. Them being 5th is worthy of an episode of Arthur C Clarke's mysterious world (one for the kids etc..). Utter arse overall.

Two really soft goals, but have to disagree it’s anything like last season. We absolutely dominated that game, we never dominated any games like that last season that I can remember. A couple of sitters and a penalty missed, so architects of our downfall to an extent, but VAR did deny us a draw that was more than deserved.
On VAR in general, the absolute worst element of it, as Watkins scored, I celebrated, my 10 year old sat there and said ‘naw dad VAR will rule it out’. That’s before the replay. Totally taking the joy out of football for kids, that’s the worst bit.

smart kid. to be honest, the commentators were calling it. If they disallow stuff like the bamford goal, then Watkins was deffo offside by those standards.

He reads the game really well for his age to be fair. But to be honest since last season, I think he expects every goal to potentially go to VAR and be disallowed, that for me is an absolute tragedy in terms of what made me addicted to football as a kid, the thrill of a goal going in for the villa. the misuse of the technology is absolutely ripping the heart out of the game

Once this pandemic comes to an end there is a very real risk that people will stop attending matches if they're deprived of the visceral unleashing of whatever ails them the moment a goal is scored. From a personal perspective, there seems very little point in making a 200 mile round trip to be cold, frustrated and left in the dark while something that used to provide joy is pored upon by men in a West London warehouse, only to be told in the end that what you think is important doesn't matter.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2020, 11:17:06 PM »
Well I think it’s safe to say the Sheffield United ghost goal has been well and truly avenged.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2020, 11:17:21 PM »
Bit of a smash and grab from WHU there.

Very poor start, remember they should have scored from the incident that resulted in the corner they scored from.

Again we looked composed and that we thought we looked like we belonged up there, but for all the statistical domination we have to create more clear cut chances and we have to convert more of them. Duggie was immense, Jack not far behind him. Conor good from set pieces but he just hasnt got the physicality to cement a place. Trez will always be popular because we love a trier but it's not enough these days, he lacks quality.

A good team performance with a lot more to come from some players, not too disappointed. I thought the goal would be ruled out as soon as I saw the first replay, to be fair to the ref and VAR it wasnt until a long time afterward that even Carragher saw the missed penalty incident.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2020, 11:17:34 PM »
very unlucky tonight , at imes we played some great football.

Jack and Dougie controlled the game , both great .

Houriane is not good enough  Trez cant keep missing sitters and Troare looked ok to me.

We are getting better and VAR is fcuking awful, they completely missed a pen.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2020, 11:17:54 PM »
Well I think it’s safe to say the Sheffield United ghost goal has been well and truly avenged.

That goal will never be forgotten while a single Stripey, Nose or Leedswouldhavetakenmore stalks the earth.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2020, 11:20:52 PM »
Jamie Carragher saying that defenders are going to have to change the way they defend, because of VAR.  Is that right Jamie?  Do the defenders in the Championship have to change too? No, they don't and they shouldn't even if they get promoted!  VAR is the problem, the wank decision making, the twats running the show.  I also think that commentators might be influencing the fuckers watching the monitors too, oooh, that's offside, oooh, he scraped an eyelash so must be a penalty!  Slowing things down always makes it look worse than it is.  It's a shit system and if it's too close to call, don't bother with it.

Online Astnor

« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2020, 11:21:07 PM »
It’s about belief, we dominate a game and still manage to lose.
There is a problem,not sure what it is but I would start with the defense.

We've missed a penalty and yet another fucking sitter, McGinn's shite right foot, off target with a fantastically positioned free kick and a header from six yards out, restricted the opposition to two efforts on target, and people think it's the defence that's the problem? Lots and lots and lots and fucking lots of shooting practice wouldn't go amiss, imho.
You could say we where allowed to attack and dominate the game because they were in the lead for most of the game.

Then hats off to Moyes for his unwavering bravery in banking on us missing all those chances. It's not like they successfully shut up shop, we battered them but finished with all the aplomb of a Scouts under-9s 'b' team.
Ja. In the end I will also say we were the better team. Its so frustrating not scoring on those clear cut chances and conceed cheap ish goals (again) that it makes me playing devils advocate or something it seems.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2020, 11:22:48 PM »

smart kid. to be honest, the commentators were calling it. If they disallow stuff like the bamford goal, then Watkins was deffo offside by those standards.

He reads the game really well for his age to be fair. But to be honest since last season, I think he expects every goal to potentially go to VAR and be disallowed, that for me is an absolute tragedy in terms of what made me addicted to football as a kid, the thrill of a goal going in for the villa. the misuse of the technology is absolutely ripping the heart out of the game

Once this pandemic comes to an end there is a very real risk that people will stop attending matches if they're deprived of the visceral unleashing of whatever ails them the moment a goal is scored. From a personal perspective, there seems very little point in making a 200 mile round trip to be cold, frustrated and left in the dark while something that used to provide joy is pored upon by men in a West London warehouse, only to be told in the end that what you think is important doesn't matter.
It's sucking the life and joy out of the game and I hate var with a passion. I started off optimistic about it but that quickly evaporated once I witnessed the total fuckfest they have made of it. But what can us ordinary fans do about it. We had regular sellouts at Villa Park before the lockdown even though we were getting regularly shafted by the Stockley Park mafia. I'd be willing to get involved in any kind of action to protest against it. I'd love it if we were the club whose fans started the revolt that lead to it being scrapped or at least radically changed for the better.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2020, 11:24:13 PM »
Could have done better on many fronts tonight, however we did better on many fronts than we did in games at this stage last season.  Positive progress is being made and we need to understand that a team rarely goes from relegation fodder to top 6 contender in 2 seasons. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal