collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: West Ham vs Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 16075 times)

Offline TonyD

Re: West Ham vs Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2020, 10:34:27 PM »
I really like Dean’s post match interview.

(humble pie eating doubter)

Offline J

Re: West Ham United vs Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2020, 10:34:27 PM »
We played really poorly at times and really well. We deserved to take something from that game. Hourihane needs to not complain about being dropped because he was awful. Trezeguet is the one of the most wasteful players I can remember playing for us. 4 defeats in 5 now. Not good at all.

Hourihane isn't Premier League standard I'm afraid, simple as that. His set piece delivery is normally excellent but aside from that he's anonymous and we can't afford to carry passengers.

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 27.07.21
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2020, 10:34:39 PM »
Deserved at least a draw. During the 3min line drawing exercise it was a shame the ref wasn't give the chance to see one view of it on the monitor and review the foul.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2020, 10:35:10 PM »
It's frustrating to think, but we really should be top if you look at thr chances missed here and vs Brighton, as well as the asleep-at-the-wheel defending.

VaR was shit, but it really should only have been academic, chalking off our 4th goal, and not disallowing an equaliser.

Offline Neal and Winton

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2020, 10:35:45 PM »
Everyone keeps talking about this and that the amount of possession we had  and VAR but the bottom line is we are letting in goals for fun and we’ve just lost four out of the last five like or not ladies and gentlemen that’s relegation form

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2020, 10:36:03 PM »
Ming's again needs a long hard look at himself. How  can Bowen win a header in the box like that for the second goal. If only we had competition for him. JT must weep at his casual manner of defending.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2020, 10:36:16 PM »
It’s about belief, we dominate a game and still manage to lose.
There is a problem,not sure what it is but I would start with the defense.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2020, 10:37:06 PM »
Dean has to make a decision with the defence and shake things up because we're shipping goals like last season. i'd like to see someone dropped if he's got the bottle to do it. Defence cost us the game not VAR, or watkins miss. midfield poor. Grealish doing his party tricks and trying to beat half their team again. last season deja vu indeed.  I wouldn't mind so much but west ham were crap, really poor imo. Them being 5th is worthy of an episode of Arthur C Clarke's mysterious world (one for the kids etc..). Utter arse overall.

Two really soft goals, but have to disagree it’s anything like last season. We absolutely dominated that game, we never dominated any games like that last season that I can remember. A couple of sitters and a penalty missed, so architects of our downfall to an extent, but VAR did deny us a draw that was more than deserved.
On VAR in general, the absolute worst element of it, as Watkins scored, I celebrated, my 10 year old sat there and said ‘naw dad VAR will rule it out’. That’s before the replay. Totally taking the joy out of football for kids, that’s the worst bit.

smart kid. to be honest, the commentators were calling it. If they disallow stuff like the bamford goal, then Watkins was deffo offside by those standards.

He was offside because he was throwing his arm up to get away from Ogbonna who was throttling him. It was as clear a penalty as you will ever see.

They say that over a season decisions even themselves out  but it sure does not feel that way does it?

Offline TonyD

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2020, 10:37:18 PM »
Moyes interview says it all.

Fair play to him. 

Offline The Edge

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2020, 10:38:04 PM »
Great interview from Moyes. Very balanced. When asked why they were poor he said "because Aston Villa are a very good side" I'll take that as a positive. Let's just batter the Geordies please.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2020, 10:38:27 PM »
Everyone keeps talking about this and that the amount of possession we had  and VAR but the bottom line is we are letting in goals for fun and we’ve just lost four out of the last five like or not ladies and gentlemen that’s relegation form
That's the spirit

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2020, 10:42:12 PM »
Just seen a different angle, it should have been a penalty anyway

It can’t be a foul and therefore can’t be a penalty if the attacker is offside.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2020, 10:42:59 PM »
Just seen a different angle, it should have been a penalty anyway

It can’t be a foul and therefore can’t be a penalty if the attacker is offside.

The reason he was offside is because he was being fouled.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2020, 10:43:18 PM »
We are decent. 

We are soooo much better than last season.

We are getting better.

All is good.

Shades of the ‘70’s  is uncanny

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2020, 10:43:29 PM »
That's the spirit

He's right though.  Four defeats from five and 11 goals conceded against Leeds, Southampton, Brighton and West Ham. Mostly really cheap goals where we didn't lay a glove on them.  We need to cut that out.  Conceding two goals a game is what nearly did for us last season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal