collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa v Leeds post match thread  (Read 23253 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Villa v Leeds post match thread
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2020, 10:47:44 PM »
A whoosh moment, then. Sorry.

Offline steamer

« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2020, 10:48:47 PM »
Agree
Shit happens, lets prepare and move on.
Still worried about our ability to change games from the bench as options are limited.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2020, 10:49:46 PM »
Should have bought Traore on, he’d have changed the game I reckon

He was brought on.
I think he was being sarcastic
This may be unfair so early in the season, but he's the one signing I am doubtful about. However, he hasn't showed much in the limited time so far to dissuade me

He’s played 42 minutes in the league. I reckon we might need to give him a bit more time.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2020, 10:49:59 PM »
When we are bad, we are really bad and the Barkley's and McGinn's are anonymous.  We only know one way of playing and that will be our undoing time and again.  However, we have five piss easy games ahead of us.  Win them all.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2020, 10:50:42 PM »
That was disappointing. Agree that thought it was even until their goal but we went to absolute pieces from there. Fucking hate Leeds so tough one to take.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2020, 10:51:20 PM »
When Bielsa hooked his player off after 20 minutes, I thought it's probably not going to be our night. To be honest, I really respect that sort of ruthlessness from a manager. Smith should have done the same to Barkley after his horror pass at 0-1, which directly resulted in their second.

We gifted them the ball so many times tonight that only losing 0-3 is somewhat of a let off from the hammering that could've easily happened. We were very poor, but in all honestly we were due a loss anyway.

Whatever about his horror pass, Barkley's efforts to stop Leeds from that point on were an absolute disgrace. Should have warranted an immediate substitution and an absolute torching in the dressing room afterwards. Mistakes happen but his lack of effort was completely unacceptable.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2020, 10:51:22 PM »
I think that was first time we’ve been behind this season and we didn’t cope with it well.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2020, 10:51:41 PM »
Can’t remember Watkins getting any change out of their CB’s either even when we were on top. Same with Barkley.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2020, 10:52:09 PM »
When Bielsa hooked his player off after 20 minutes, I thought it's probably not going to be our night. To be honest, I really respect that sort of ruthlessness from a manager. Smith should have done the same to Barkley after his horror pass at 0-1, which directly resulted in their second.

We gifted them the ball so many times tonight that only losing 0-3 is somewhat of a let off from the hammering that could've easily happened. We were very poor, but in all honestly we were due a loss anyway.
Berkeley pass for their first goal was the game changer, he got even worse after that.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2020, 10:53:30 PM »
Thought Leeds were superb tonight totally outplayed and out fought us, they never once rested on their laurels, even when they were 3 up, they just kept going forward, look at their attack in the last minute of the match, deserve all the plaudits they are getting. I was just grateful it wasn't a heavier defeat.

Dean can't think much of his bench, losing 3 nil and only brings one player on. Still looking on the plus side, it's only one defeat in 5 games, let's hope we will come back against Southampton.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2020, 10:54:13 PM »

Whatever about his horror pass, Barkley's efforts to stop Leeds from that point on were an absolute disgrace. Should have warranted an immediate substitution and an absolute torching in the dressing room afterwards. Mistakes happen but his lack of effort was completely unacceptable.
Agree

Online OzVilla

« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2020, 10:54:45 PM »
That’s why Barkley lost his place at Chelsea, inconsistency. He’s been great in his first 2 games but looked poor tonight.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2020, 10:55:34 PM »
I’m a tiny little bit worried about Watkins. He was fine today, made a decent first of his chances. But he struggles to impose himself on defenders which will cause us issues against lower half teams and he still seems a bit short on confidence (strangely, after his hat trick) hence all the extra touches.

Online OzVilla

« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2020, 10:56:43 PM »
Results like this happen, Southampton now becomes a very pivotal game for the momentum of our season.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2020, 10:57:05 PM »
In his defence, I don't think Barkley (or Jack for that matter) look 100% fit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal