collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 05:51:26 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 05:46:59 AM]

Do it thr Frnch way - Lill away by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 02:14:03 AM]

Leander Dendoncker - On Loan at Napoli by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:44:12 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 01:15:54 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by tomd2103
[April 17, 2024, 11:32:24 PM]

Brighton (a) by sonyhill
[April 17, 2024, 11:15:10 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulTheVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leeds United Match Thread  (Read 15246 times)

Offline jcsutv

Re: Aston Villa v Leeds United Match Thread
« Reply #435 on: October 23, 2020, 09:57:04 PM »
Fair play they were better.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #436 on: October 23, 2020, 09:58:08 PM »
The problem is the reliance on the counterattack, which is to say the reliance on individuals being brilliant when they get space. If you watch Leeds on the ball they take very few touches and they're always moving according to patterns they clearly practice; when we can't break we're really laborious, taking five touches, looking up, waiting for something to happen rather than knowing what will in the situation. It makes us, frankly, predictable apart from one player.
Precisely. To be fair defensively it looks like we've worked a lot on our shape since the restart but there is definitely a suspicion on us relying on players doing something magical at times. We have a lot of players capable of scoring great goals but perhaps a bit too reliant on that. Maybe it's come from having had so much money to spend I don't know. Still been a great start to the season

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #437 on: October 23, 2020, 09:58:35 PM »
I’m sick of hearing about fucking Bielsa. You would think he could turn lead into gold the way some/ most pundits go on about him.

There's a reason so many managers admire him and claim he's the best. We're witnessing a Bielsa masterclass. Sometimes you just have to sit back and admire.

Totally agree. Great performance from them. They looked like they had a man or two more than us

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #438 on: October 23, 2020, 10:03:59 PM »
their work rate was incredible, front 4 movement non stop and picking of cross field passes devisive - a masterclass - if we get out played more this season i'd be surprised. Smith taught a lesson. BUT Bamford won't score 2 like that in his career. Muhbags. At least we're  not at 3 points, but we were looking like 'we'de made it' coasters.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #439 on: October 23, 2020, 10:05:41 PM »
I’m sick of hearing about fucking Bielsa. You would think he could turn lead into gold the way some/ most pundits go on about him.

There's a reason so many managers admire him and claim he's the best. We're witnessing a Bielsa masterclass. Sometimes you just have to sit back and admire.

Whoopee fucking doo. We've just had four Dean Smith masterclasses. Admire them.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #440 on: October 23, 2020, 10:09:48 PM »

Exactly lets not carried away.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #441 on: October 23, 2020, 10:12:35 PM »
About Smith?

Offline maidstonevillainjunior

« Reply #442 on: October 23, 2020, 10:47:47 PM »
It had to be Leeds. Why did it have to be Leeds? And with a Bamford hattrick, just why?

It's like the exact footballing polar opposite of hammering Liverpool. A hammering from Leeds and Bamford getting the match-ball.

It's somehow both a beautiful and crushing irony. I won't deny they were the better team tonight but at the same time... Leeds! Just why?!

Offline Neal and Winton

« Reply #443 on: October 23, 2020, 11:53:29 PM »
I thought there were two issues tonight apart from the fact that Leeds played very well.
Firstly Dean Smith.
I thought he got his tactics completely wrong effectively he hung the two full backs out to dry .
We all know how Leeds play with two wide players and we should have had two wing backs to cover the full backs and break forward to support the forwards.
Instead we had just three midfielders and they played narrow.
In consequence the forwards got little support and the defence none.It wasn’t even changed has the second half progressed.
Secondly
Barclay didn’t get off the coach and McGinn went missing in the second half.Poor Douglas had to try and stem the flow himself.
It’s been a great start and there’s no need to panic tho I have to say I feel very flat at the moment I just hope Dean learns from his mistakes has we progress thru the season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal