collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world  (Read 478048 times)

Online Russ aka Big Nose

Re: Emiliano Martinez - signed
« Reply #345 on: September 17, 2020, 12:51:04 PM »
So which keepers are we keeping then?

Other than Martinez, I suspect it might be more of which keepers will other people want?

Heaton unlikely to move this window as he is injured, but a club might want him in January or next summer assuming he is on the bench.

As for the others - our preference might be to shift Kallinic and Nyland and to keep Steer, but that might have to change if there is more interest in Steer than one of the other two. UTV

richtheholtender

« Reply #346 on: September 17, 2020, 02:23:01 PM »

Other than Martinez, I suspect it might be more of which keepers will other people want?

Steer does hold an advantage being English

Heaton unlikely to move this window as he is injured, but a club might want him in January or next summer assuming he is on the bench.

As for the others - our preference might be to shift Kallinic and Nyland and to keep Steer, but that might have to change if there is more interest in Steer than one of the other two. UTV

richtheholtender

« Reply #347 on: September 17, 2020, 02:24:02 PM »

Steer does hold an advantage bring English.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #348 on: September 17, 2020, 02:28:58 PM »
Its just dawned on me that we have spent £36m on keepers in the past couple of years. Fuck me hopefully that is the position sorted now for the next decade or so.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #349 on: September 18, 2020, 07:21:14 PM »
Well done Emi. Called up by Argentina

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #350 on: September 18, 2020, 07:44:17 PM »
Its just dawned on me that we have spent £36m on keepers in the past couple of years. Fuck me hopefully that is the position sorted now for the next decade or so.
And much are all of their salaries costing?
I know it’s not our money, but bloody hell our goalie wages bill must be astronomical.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #351 on: September 18, 2020, 08:16:01 PM »

Aston Villa: International makers. Martinez, Luiz, Wesley, Mings, Grealish. 

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2020, 06:09:00 PM »
Today’s burning question.  ‘Is the Chelsea keeper worth 3.5 Emi’s?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #353 on: September 20, 2020, 06:13:47 PM »

Aston Villa: International makers. Martinez, Luiz, Wesley, Mings, Grealish.

Hourihane

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #354 on: September 20, 2020, 06:14:32 PM »

I'd love to know the actual thought process going into signing Kalinic. I get the impression DS never rated or wanted him, given he played about 5 games and didn't look convincing (but nowhere near as bad as Nyland looked months before) then was subbed at half time v West Brom and was never seen again. Didn't even play in the league cup early last season

Guess he was one we previously had on file in some desk due to not getting a work permit in 15/16 and Suso got a hard on when he saw Kalinic played for a Belgium club but that's a pretty disappointing 7m down the drain plus allegedly a very decent weekly wage.

I don't actually think we'll have an issue moving on Nyland as there was talk of Bundesliga interest a few weeks back so someone will probably take him for a couple of million.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #355 on: September 20, 2020, 06:15:11 PM »
Today’s burning question.  ‘Is the Chelsea keeper worth 3.5 Emi’s?
Tomorrow's burning question: Did we or Sheffu get better value from their new keeper?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #356 on: September 20, 2020, 06:38:28 PM »

I'd love to know the actual thought process going into signing Kalinic. I get the impression DS never rated or wanted him, given he played about 5 games and didn't look convincing (but nowhere near as bad as Nyland looked months before) then was subbed at half time v West Brom and was never seen again. Didn't even play in the league cup early last season

Guess he was one we previously had on file in some desk due to not getting a work permit in 15/16 and Suso got a hard on when he saw Kalinic played for a Belgium club but that's a pretty disappointing 7m down the drain plus allegedly a very decent weekly wage.

I don't actually think we'll have an issue moving on Nyland as there was talk of Bundesliga interest a few weeks back so someone will probably take him for a couple of million.

8 goals conceded in your first three games in the Championship is pretty woeful.  He was absolutely dismal against Wigan, and he seemed really, really slow to get down to the ball.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #357 on: September 20, 2020, 06:39:57 PM »

I get the impression we had already made a commitment to signing him before Smith had chance to have a proper look at him.

Online WassallVillain

« Reply #358 on: September 21, 2020, 07:58:48 AM »
Debut tonight. Hope it’s a better one than Tom Heaton last year. What a nightmare start and so unnecessary.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #359 on: September 21, 2020, 12:47:04 PM »
I think it was Kevin Poole that was in goal for us that day in 1986 - the Hodge game.  Someone shouted 'CLEAN SHEET TODAY KEV' to which we got a resounding thumbs up response.  I think we were 3 down in half an hour including said treacherous moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal