collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - signed  (Read 84869 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: Matty Cash - signed
« Reply #480 on: February 18, 2021, 04:24:12 PM »
In the game before lockdown, Barnes and Vardy had Guilbert on toast.

But this is exactly what’s happening with Elmo. Yes going to be inevitably poor on Sunday because he was when he came on last Saturday.

The entire team were dismal that day, incuding Mings, Jack, Targett and Luiz.

And when Freddie came back into the team after lockdown he was fine - I recall him having Aubamyang (SP) on toast vs Arse!

Guilbert is a good and potentially very good full back. I was surprised that he didnt start a couple of more games or come on as a sub, granted he was injured. I wouldn't have let him leave on loan. Better players in the squad and make training more competitive, and stops players being complacent. Just picking out a bad performance from Guilbert is a bit silly

But this is exactly what’s happening with Elmo. Elmo going to be inevitably poor on Sunday because he was when he came on last Saturday.
I loved the clenched fist from Guilbert against Arsenal last year as well and I like many others was a bit surprised we went out and bought Cash. In hindsight Cash is a lot better. I can’t remember Guilbert having that many brilliant games and I honestly can’t remember thinking he is definitely twice the player Elmo is.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 04:25:51 PM by RamboandBruno »

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #481 on: February 18, 2021, 05:45:49 PM »
In the game before lockdown, Barnes and Vardy had Guilbert on toast.

But this is exactly what’s happening with Elmo. Yes going to be inevitably poor on Sunday because he was when he came on last Saturday.

The entire team were dismal that day, incuding Mings, Jack, Targett and Luiz.

And when Freddie came back into the team after lockdown he was fine - I recall him having Aubamyang (SP) on toast vs Arse!

Guilbert is a good and potentially very good full back. I was surprised that he didnt start a couple of more games or come on as a sub, granted he was injured. I wouldn't have let him leave on loan. Better players in the squad and make training more competitive, and stops players being complacent. Just picking out a bad performance from Guilbert is a bit silly

But this is exactly what’s happening with Elmo. Elmo going to be inevitably poor on Sunday because he was when he came on last Saturday.
I loved the clenched fist from Guilbert against Arsenal last year as well and I like many others was a bit surprised we went out and bought Cash. In hindsight Cash is a lot better. I can’t remember Guilbert having that many brilliant games and I honestly can’t remember thinking he is definitely twice the player Elmo is.

Elmo vary rarely lets us down so I doubt he will be worse than anyone else on Sunday

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #482 on: February 18, 2021, 09:34:37 PM »
NOOOOOO three centre halves is shit. Defenders are boring. Hell, no.
We might well see Kesler at some point during Cash's absence.

Is Kesler the kid who did the brilliant bit of skill in our own box against Liverpool?

No, he wasn't available as he was on the fringe of the first team so isolating with the rest of them.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #483 on: February 18, 2021, 09:44:59 PM »

Is Kesler the kid who did the brilliant bit of skill in our own box against Liverpool?

No, he wasn't available as he was on the fringe of the first team so isolating with the rest of them.

No, he played the full 90 as right back/right wing-back (the exact shape of the team was hard to be sure of because we got pinned so deep) . Part of the problem is that sometimes he's called Kesler and sometimes he's called Hayden. He was one of 2-3 who looked ready for the physical side of playing senior football and was still getting about the pitch by the end.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #484 on: February 18, 2021, 09:55:17 PM »

No, he played the full 90 as right back/right wing-back (the exact shape of the team was hard to be sure of because we got pinned so deep) . Part of the problem is that sometimes he's called Kesler and sometimes he's called Hayden. He was one of 2-3 who looked ready for the physical side of playing senior football and was still getting about the pitch by the end.

Ah you're right, sorry. I was looking among the defenders and didn't see his name. That's because Fotmob has him as a right midfielder. I don’t think the stream I watched had commentary so I don't really remember the names.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #485 on: February 18, 2021, 11:26:59 PM »
Fotmob huh. Come back Ceefax, all is forgiven.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #486 on: February 19, 2021, 10:29:04 AM »
I did not realise we had let the French Cafu go out on loan . Im sure Elmo can do a job and wish Matty Cash all the best .

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #487 on: February 19, 2021, 07:13:28 PM »
We will miss Matty he's been brilliant for us but Elmo will step up and won't let us down.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #488 on: February 20, 2021, 12:11:43 AM »
I think Freddie is the better defender.  Not better player maybe. 

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #489 on: February 20, 2021, 10:08:28 AM »
Elmo is alright, and I like him.  However I always felt that Guilbert looked pretty promising, and it's unfortunate that what would otherwise have been a good opportunity for him to progress and show us what he is made of (at a time of little risk, lets be honest) has been lost by us having got rid - and that's not being said with hindsight only.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #490 on: February 20, 2021, 03:55:13 PM »
I don’t watch the young sides, but don’t we have a highly-rated young right-back at the club who did well against Liverpool in the cup game?  Would be a bit of a big ask, but Elmo was awful last weekend and will likely be gone at the day of the season.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #491 on: February 20, 2021, 04:03:53 PM »
Elmo for his experience vs Leicester maybe Kessler for his energy vs leeds

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #492 on: February 20, 2021, 04:47:29 PM »
Presumably Kessler will have been moved up to training with the seniors and likely to get a spot on the bench for a while now.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #493 on: April 08, 2021, 01:06:38 PM »
Being reported that Matty is going to get a new deal shortly to reward him for having such a superb first season.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #494 on: April 08, 2021, 05:44:40 PM »
He deserves a new deal he's been brilliant for us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal