collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 45600 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Next manager
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2020, 10:26:04 PM »
If you want a real 'outside the box' shout how about Stevie G?

I’d like that one day - but now ain’t the time.

Despite his decent European results he is getting stick for Rangers league results. He is still unproven for me.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2020, 10:26:40 PM »
It seems somewhat inevitable now that Terry will take over from Smith. Those stories in the media today aren't without foundation. I'd prefer it was done now rather than dragging it out for another game. The Suso character has to go too so those reports are positive.

Very much a Tim Sherwood type gamble but Sherwood then had the likes of Delph and Benteke to get performances out of. Really don't think we have the players this time but happy to be proved wrong.

Smith was a bit of a mug letting Terry on his coaching staff. I said it at the time that Terry's reputation as a player would have him as the heir apparent once Smith hit trouble. If Terry's responsibility extends to setting up the defence then it says little for his coaching skills.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2020, 10:31:44 PM »
Farke is a great shout, however if we ended up with him I'd like a ban on that awful Farke Life song that they sing at Naaarich

How is Farke a great shout? I don't care if he had a far smaller summer transfer budget than Smith, it is crazy to suggest sacking statistically the second worst manager in the Premier League this season and replace him with the worst.

He isn’t statistically the worst just because his team are bottom.

There aren’t any stand out targets that would come here.  Allerdyce is short term.

He isn’t realistic at present any how so isn’t in the running.  However, is probably the type we’d be looking at if we go down.

Farke's team are bottom of the table, six points from safety and have the worst goal difference in the Premier League. So based on that I will stick by my claim that he is statistically the worst manager in the top flight currently.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2020, 10:54:44 PM »
If Terry takes over I think I'll step up my interest in DIY*.

*Unless he turns out to be good at it, which won't happen.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2020, 10:56:47 PM »
Terry is a ******. Has always been. The thought of him in charge would have me seething. Even more than the current level of disdain I hold for some of our play, lack of fight/tactics/energy etc etc.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2020, 11:23:43 PM »
Hmmm, seems odd to replace an inexperienced head coach in the premier league, but experienced in charge of clubs, with an inexperienced coach, who has had only one coaching role. If Dean goes we need someone who has experience of a relegation fight.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2020, 11:43:25 PM »
Duncan Ferguson?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2020, 06:58:24 AM »
I only said Terry as I think that’s what will happen, I don’t want it to happen. I’d rather Monday was the low point amongst lots of low points and smith somehow won through, as unlikely as that seems now. Without being critical of anyone on here, some of the suggestions like Farke (really?), Ferguson ??), Wagner (why would he if he’s doing well at shalke) etc, show how difficult it’s going to be replacing a manager with 9 games to go, with (a) someone to keep us up and (b) someone to take us on next season. People have said fat sam, but he’s not going to take it to be binned off in the summer, and personally (and I don’t like him to be fair) I don’t think he’s the man to carry villa forwards. So to me if they do sack Deano, which will be a sad day imo, the only option they will take is Terry, hope that some rabble rousing, ‘get into them f##k em up’ type malarkey will somehow get us 3 or 4 wins and a draw and then look for a new direction of travel in the summer.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2020, 07:13:48 AM »
Terry has been just as culpable this season as part of the coaching set-up, so it's a definite no from me.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2020, 07:31:57 AM »
new manager bounce might get us three wins which could easily keep us up. We are not going to be able to recruit externally now for nine games so it would make sense to do it from within and conduct yet anther cathartic review in the summer.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2020, 08:12:15 AM »
Farke is a great shout, however if we ended up with him I'd like a ban on that awful Farke Life song that they sing at Naaarich

How is Farke a great shout? I don't care if he had a far smaller summer transfer budget than Smith, it is crazy to suggest sacking statistically the second worst manager in the Premier League this season and replace him with the worst.

He isn’t statistically the worst just because his team are bottom.

There aren’t any stand out targets that would come here.  Allerdyce is short term.

He isn’t realistic at present any how so isn’t in the running.  However, is probably the type we’d be looking at if we go down.

Farke's team are bottom of the table, six points from safety and have the worst goal difference in the Premier League. So based on that I will stick by my claim that he is statistically the worst manager in the top flight currently.

So when we go down, does he become a great shout overnight because statistically he was the best manager in the Championship last season?  Or do we sit around twiddling our thumbs waiting for the next Belisa to arrive?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2020, 09:11:34 AM »
I'll probably get accused of being a Bluenose again but how about Steve Mclaren ? even if it's just to hear his Brummie Accent?

Get out of here - self-isolate ,perlease!!

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2020, 09:44:42 AM »
I'll probably get accused of being a Bluenose again but how about Steve Mclaren ? even if it's just to hear his Brummie Accent?

Get out of here - self-isolate ,perlease!!

😂😂 shexy futbol like!

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2020, 10:59:01 AM »
blimey there was a bit of Jawdie thrown in there too.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2020, 11:09:14 AM »
If we stay up then Lucien Favre would be my ambitious pick. Will probably be let go by Dortmund but done good jobs at many clubs in Bundesliga or also at Nice. Sure Brian Green can put in a reference for him.

Whenver the end of the season actually is of course.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal