collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Future  (Read 4872 times)

Offline Rudy65

Re: The Future
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2020, 06:18:19 PM »
For me the owners need to make a big statement by ditching Smith and bringing in a manager who will make everyone sit up and think "Christ, the Villa mean business with that appointment".
As much as it hurts me to say it but are we really still considered to be a "big club" ? - Not beating Manure at home for 25 years is pathetic
Not winning the FA Cup for 63 years is pathetic (Even Coventry and Wigan have managed to do it ), not being able to outpoint Bournemouth, Burnley, Brighton , Watford is pathetic, recruitment this season  path.... you know the rest
Its been said numerous times on here … why the hell did we not go out and buy a forward line that can actually score goals
I'm trying hard to be optimistic but I'm beginning to question some of the decisions and appointments by our owners...… whilst we may have been promoted "too soon" the least expected was for the club to hang onto its top flight status ….. the attempt to do so has been ……..yes, you've guessed - Fucking Pathetic
UTV :)   

Your stats do indeed put into perspective we aren’t a big club any longer and haven’t been for a long time

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2020, 06:22:02 PM »
Future depends on so many things. Still a lot of support for Smith but keeping him would just extend the losing mentality IMO. We have rich owners but FFP somewhat neutralises that advantage.
Ok, I give up, no idea. We could become another Sunderland but my gut says we’ll hover around mid table in the Championship for a few years or until at last, at long last, we appoint a really good manager.

Get a good manager in and we will be straight back up

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2020, 06:22:24 PM »
The question is now who is the future of Aston Villa short term.

Archer, Ramsey & Barry I think will all play a reasonable part for us next season but my knowledge beyond then is not great and I'm sat here wondering who is available in the youth set up that will be our next grealish/agbonlahor?

Along with Vassilev I think we will be seeing those you mention being introduced gradually throughout next season, hopefully with a manager/coach who knows how to integrate them effectively.

Offline frank black

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2020, 06:46:55 PM »
You won't attract the required standard of striker in the Championship on a permanent deal. Any permanent deal therefore creates the problem of having to get rid once you get promoted.

The problem wasn't getting Abraham on loan, it was replacing him with someone who was not good enough. It is impossible to get a good enough squad together within the limits of Championship FFP without loaning players. That's why every promotion hopeful loans players.

The good news is we shouldn't need to loan nearly so many players next time. Getting a new Abraham on loan would be a no-brainer, though, if such a player was available.

Getting rid of Samatta and Wes for £ and replacing them with Lyle Taylor (free) and Ivan Toney £8m and having
Toney, Taylor, Davis, Barry

I don’t think both Wes and Samatta will leave though. Maybe just the one

Wes won’t go til Jan at the earliest after his injury

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2020, 07:10:29 PM »
I know we had a plan A and plan B as we approached the last third of last season.

I hope we’ve got a plan B now.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2020, 11:35:24 AM »
I think we will get a good steer on how the owners view the setback via the Academy, we took a lot of highly rated people from WBA last year, if they start migrating back when we swap places that might be an indication on if funds for the plan remain in place.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2020, 01:17:17 PM »
Future depends on so many things. Still a lot of support for Smith but keeping him would just extend the losing mentality IMO. We have rich owners but FFP somewhat neutralises that advantage.
Ok, I give up, no idea. We could become another Sunderland but my gut says we’ll hover around mid table in the Championship for a few years or until at last, at long last, we appoint a really good manager.

Get a good manager in and we will be straight back up
Name this good manager

Offline Damo70

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2020, 01:25:51 PM »
If we go down the manager has to go given the resources he was given after promotion.

Online cdward

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2020, 01:33:56 PM »
Rafa Benitez, Pochettino, Andreas Villas-Boas? those are the type of managers i imagine a couple of billionaire owners would like to be associated with.
All have PL experience, all have proven past records, , with a high profile manager, it is easier to convince better players to sign up.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2020, 01:35:06 PM »
There does however, appear to be more billionaire football club owners than good managers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal