collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:27:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lower Holte row z  (Read 13322 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Lower Holte row z
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2020, 07:16:58 PM »
Well done amfy. We need more like you at VP to challenge all forms of prejudice. A lot of good decent fans are not prepared to make that call, may be for good reason in prevailing atmosphere,  and that’s a shame.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 07:19:11 PM by olaftab »

Offline FatSam

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2020, 07:18:16 PM »
Well done for standing up to this, and for posting. It’s also a good reminder that to stick up for people who call someone out for behaving in this way, so that they aren’t intimidated.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2020, 07:19:31 PM »
10 years ago I reported a racist in the lower holte, probably L4 row J. We played Arsenal at home and the language disgusted me so much I left at HT and went to complain.

Club phoned me and assured me they would never be attending a game at VP again.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2020, 07:36:27 PM »
So if you were the two blokes sat in seats x and x who thought it was funny to bellow about Yids and mad3 hissing noises and then had a go at my wife for reporting your vile racism FUCK YOU. We’ ll “grass” on you again and again and again until scum like you are driven from VP. Enjoy your ban which you richly deserve.

Btw if you threaten me again I will happily take you up on your offer. You are both cowards and racist scum.

EDIT: Seat numbers removed so as not to jeopardise any further action.

I saw a tweet about this, well done to you both, we need more of this as self policing is the only way to stop these knuckle dragging wankers.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2020, 07:44:41 PM »
We had a similar incident, one off not persistant but a previous offender apparently, earlier in the season.

The club were fast and very good, promised interim action pending WMP outcome. I’m confident they will act, but I would get in touch and request to know what is happening. As long as you are prepared to be a witness he’ll get done. We got everyone around to report it - on the night, kick it out app, email next day. Not been seen since.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2020, 09:08:38 PM »
Very brave action - well done Amfy. You were obviously still very upset when we spoke after the game

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2020, 09:52:24 PM »
First off I just gave him a look which made it clear I wasn’t happy and he just smirked and said ‘I’m German - me - look it up they’re called Yids in the dictionary’.

Sometimes a ‘look’ is enough in such situations - I once shut down a group of about 15 lads singing the Tracey Andrews song with one of my ‘looks’ - I think I can have quite a stern one!

However - he carried on but it became clear that he was now doing it more to wind me up than anything else.

I went to the steward and reported him rather than get into an argument.

When I came back he was repeatedly calling me a grass but I tried to ignore him and carry on watching the game. Then his mate said ‘If you don’t like it don’t come down the match’ - & for some reason that was the thing that made me lose it!

I shouted at him that I was a grass & I’d grass him again and again and that it was him that shouldn’t be at the match.

My husband pulled me away & he started on my husband - offering him out.

The steward arrived and calmed it down but by that point I was shouting at him too. I said that when we report racism we should be protected and I shouldn’t have had to put up with that.
Then at that moment Spurs scored the winner - which was crap but diffused then situation because they left. I just sat there feeling completely sick about the whole incident and losing the game all at once. It was like falling down a massive hole!

The steward asked if I wanted to make a statement and people in front of me then turned round and said ‘Yes she f-in does!’ & I felt glad to have some support at that point. They only spoke to me though.

It’s horrible to kind of dread going back to the seat I have had for 16 years now, but I had promised myself I wouldn’t let racism go by me anymore & I am glad I stood by that.

Well done, amfy. That kind of shit is intolerable.

Offline Mike Jeffries

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2020, 10:53:33 PM »
Wondering about a bit of a show of strength all heading to our seats in L7 together thing at next home game ? But just a thought, for now the important stuff is well done and hopeful the club acts quickly and in the right manner, based on other folks experiences in this thread.

Offline Madferret62

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2020, 11:38:00 PM »
We’re grateful for the show of support here, good to know that our fellow Villains have our backs. We’ll let you all know how it turns out.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2020, 06:07:13 AM »
Excellent Amfy, you should be proud of your actions and the way you handled the situation.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2020, 07:02:03 AM »
Well done Amfy.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2020, 01:15:34 PM »
First off I just gave him a look which made it clear I wasn’t happy and he just smirked and said ‘I’m German - me - look it up they’re called Yids in the dictionary’.

Sometimes a ‘look’ is enough in such situations - I once shut down a group of about 15 lads singing the Tracey Andrews song with one of my ‘looks’ - I think I can have quite a stern one!

However - he carried on but it became clear that he was now doing it more to wind me up than anything else.

I went to the steward and reported him rather than get into an argument.

When I came back he was repeatedly calling me a grass but I tried to ignore him and carry on watching the game. Then his mate said ‘If you don’t like it don’t come down the match’ - & for some reason that was the thing that made me lose it!

I shouted at him that I was a grass & I’d grass him again and again and that it was him that shouldn’t be at the match.

My husband pulled me away & he started on my husband - offering him out.

The steward arrived and calmed it down but by that point I was shouting at him too. I said that when we report racism we should be protected and I shouldn’t have had to put up with that.
Then at that moment Spurs scored the winner - which was crap but diffused then situation because they left. I just sat there feeling completely sick about the whole incident and losing the game all at once. It was like falling down a massive hole!

The steward asked if I wanted to make a statement and people in front of me then turned round and said ‘Yes she f-in does!’ & I felt glad to have some support at that point. They only spoke to me though.

It’s horrible to kind of dread going back to the seat I have had for 16 years now, but I had promised myself I wouldn’t let racism go by me anymore & I am glad I stood by that.
You're absolute heroes, both of you.  Good on you. 

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2020, 01:27:54 PM »
Well done Amfy and Mad Ferrett, the world needs more people like you in it.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2020, 04:31:34 PM »
Good Work!

let's hope these morons never see Villa Park again, comes to something when the Club have to put a note in the envelope with Wembley Tickets with a message from Purslow about fan behaviour at Wembley, not just kids usually either , I love a beer or ten but unfortunately some can't handle it and find anti-social behaviour part of their day out .

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2020, 01:31:23 PM »
This behaviour sounds horrible and has no place at VP or anywhere in football.

Well done to Amfy and madferret for calling it out.

Interested in what the club have done since because they know exactly where these 2 perpetrators were sitting.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal