collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:27:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lower Holte row z  (Read 13319 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: Lower Holte row z
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2020, 05:52:06 PM »
Hi

Tottenham supporters  identify themselves as yids and have done since the 70s, before this other team's especially London ones would chant yid at spurs. So Tottenham fans started to call themselves yids,  its part of their identity.

I'm not for grassing,  it won't go down well you won't be popular.

Whether some spurs have for generations reclaimed the word ‘Yid’ isn’t the point. The point it was being used by presumably non Jewish people alongside gassing noises, presumably relating to the holocaust, ignorant and racist end of.

What you’ve said above aligns with some black people reclaiming the N word and then saying that it’s perfectly acceptable for me as a white man to use that word.

I grew up on a multi cultural council estate in inner city brum and cannot for the life of me understand people who hate and then try and justify it

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2020, 06:11:06 PM »
Hayes is Zone 5 innit? no self respecting Londoner would travel that far. It's closer to Wales than central London, any further West and you fall off the edge of the Earth

Indeed.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2020, 07:44:43 PM »
Big punjabi  community in ealing and hayes they support edl some do

You're thinking of Southall rather than Ealing. And they know a racist c*** when they see one.
your out touch punjabis have started to leave southall due to somalian immigrants,  most have gone to Slough and Langley.  Their community had representatives on the edl scene.

I only come on here for EDL updates.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2020, 08:20:49 PM »

You're thinking of Southall rather than Ealing. And they know a racist c*** when they see one.
your out touch punjabis have started to leave southall due to somalian immigrants,  most have gone to Slough and Langley.  Their community had representatives on the edl scene.

[/quot

Isn't EDL one of those suppliers you can switch to for gas and electric?

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2020, 08:22:51 PM »
Hayes is Zone 5 innit? no self respecting Londoner would travel that far. It's closer to Wales than central London, any further West and you fall off the edge of the Earth

Indeed.

I can vouch for this, I’m so far west I’m in another time zone let alone travel zone.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2020, 08:23:38 PM »
twat alert !!
you are denying people of their identity, Tottenham of their Jewish heritage,  and working class villa fans , we take the piss and say  non politically correct things.

I am well aware that some Spurs fans identify with the term ‘Yid’, Not all of them are of Jewish heritage and have any right to, whilst some others who are of Jewish heritage would prefer they didn’t. It’s a mixed bag.

My own perspective is not one of ‘political correctness’ but of having my husband, of Jewish heritage, who lost relatives to the gas chambers they were impersonating with their hissing, and does not identify with the term ‘Yid’, especially not in the way it was used by the bloke to my left.

I didn’t do it to be popular, but my tweet about my experience seems to find far more people (from well outside my usual modest following) who think I did the right thing than wrong.

Nonetheless, I’m well aware I’ve put myself in a difficult position because there’ll be people who see it your way, but that’s what I needed to do.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2020, 08:28:34 PM »
Hi

Tottenham supporters  identify themselves as yids and have done since the 70s, before this other team's especially London ones would chant yid at spurs. So Tottenham fans started to call themselves yids,  its part of their identity.

I'm not for grassing,  it won't go down well you won't be popular.

Speaks volumes that you've taken the trouble to register with the site for the very first time to make this statement.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2020, 10:50:34 PM »
This isn't the class obsessed whoppers first rodeo.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2020, 11:02:01 PM »
twat alert !!
you are denying people of their identity, Tottenham of their Jewish heritage,  and working class villa fans , we take the piss and say  non politically correct things.

I am well aware that some Spurs fans identify with the term ‘Yid’, Not all of them are of Jewish heritage and have any right to, whilst some others who are of Jewish heritage would prefer they didn’t. It’s a mixed bag.

My own perspective is not one of ‘political correctness’ but of having my husband, of Jewish heritage, who lost relatives to the gas chambers they were impersonating with their hissing, and does not identify with the term ‘Yid’, especially not in the way it was used by the bloke to my left.

I didn’t do it to be popular, but my tweet about my experience seems to find far more people (from well outside my usual modest following) who think I did the right thing than wrong.

Nonetheless, I’m well aware I’ve put myself in a difficult position because there’ll be people who see it your way, but that’s what I needed to do.

And you did exactly the right thing. You should stand tall and be proud. And we and other Villa fans and the club will too.

We'll done to you both.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2020, 11:15:24 PM »

Two sides of the same coin.

Punjabi dozi or whatever he's calling himself this week is a foot soldier in the military wing of the energy supplier.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2020, 11:35:34 PM »

Two sides of the same coin.

Punjabi dozi or whatever he's calling himself this week is a foot soldier in the military wing of the energy supplier.

Thank fuck he's not renewable.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2020, 02:22:49 AM »

Indeed.

I can vouch for this, I’m so far west I’m in another time zone let alone travel zone.

I went too far south of the river, fell off the edge of the earth and then found myself in a strange land miles away from anywhere.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2020, 08:41:49 AM »
Has he gone now?

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2020, 11:02:56 AM »
Celebrating the holocaust with hissing noises is about as low and in bad taste as you can get, utterly revolting. I would have been surprised if someone hadn't complained about that to be honest.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2020, 11:05:06 AM »
Celebrating the holocaust with hissing noises is about as low and in bad taste as you can get, utterly revolting. I would have been surprised if someone hadn't complained about that to be honest.

Mate, it's just a working class thing to do, like shin kicking or torching an off license.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal