collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lower Holte row z  (Read 13404 times)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: Lower Holte row z
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 10:22:16 AM »
A good few years ago the same thing happened near me with two idiots. I told them they were out of order and to stop their "banter" as they called it. They continued so I wrote to the club which resulted in the police contacting me.  They wanted to take it further but I thought a few hours in a cell and questioning might be enough to get the message across to them. They were back in their same seats for the next game acting defiantly and as though they'd done nothing wrong.  I reminded them that any repeat of their previous actions and I would take it further.  Never seen them again after that and assume they've stopped going or have moved to a different part of the ground.  I seem to recall they were from Telford or around there.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 11:11:33 AM »
First off I just gave him a look which made it clear I wasn’t happy and he just smirked and said ‘I’m German - me - look it up they’re called Yids in the dictionary’.

Sometimes a ‘look’ is enough in such situations - I once shut down a group of about 15 lads singing the Tracey Andrews song with one of my ‘looks’ - I think I can have quite a stern one!

However - he carried on but it became clear that he was now doing it more to wind me up than anything else.

I went to the steward and reported him rather than get into an argument.

When I came back he was repeatedly calling me a grass but I tried to ignore him and carry on watching the game. Then his mate said ‘If you don’t like it don’t come down the match’ - & for some reason that was the thing that made me lose it!

I shouted at him that I was a grass & I’d grass him again and again and that it was him that shouldn’t be at the match.

My husband pulled me away & he started on my husband - offering him out.

The steward arrived and calmed it down but by that point I was shouting at him too. I said that when we report racism we should be protected and I shouldn’t have had to put up with that.
Then at that moment Spurs scored the winner - which was crap but diffused then situation because they left. I just sat there feeling completely sick about the whole incident and losing the game all at once. It was like falling down a massive hole!

The steward asked if I wanted to make a statement and people in front of me then turned round and said ‘Yes she f-in does!’ & I felt glad to have some support at that point. They only spoke to me though.

It’s horrible to kind of dread going back to the seat I have had for 16 years now, but I had promised myself I wouldn’t let racism go by me anymore & I am glad I stood by that.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2020, 11:15:35 AM »
Well done, Amfy. You are an absolute star. I'm so sorry that you had to endure such morons at Villa Park. Much admiration for how you behaved in that horrible situation.

Offline colin69

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2020, 11:29:49 AM »
There really are some idiots out there. Absolute disgrace and fair play to both of you for calling them out.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2020, 02:34:07 PM »
No one should have to endure that sort of treatment. Disgraceful.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2020, 02:51:17 PM »
First off I just gave him a look which made it clear I wasn’t happy and he just smirked and said ‘I’m German - me - look it up they’re called Yids in the dictionary’.

Sometimes a ‘look’ is enough in such situations - I once shut down a group of about 15 lads singing the Tracey Andrews song with one of my ‘looks’ - I think I can have quite a stern one!

However - he carried on but it became clear that he was now doing it more to wind me up than anything else.

I went to the steward and reported him rather than get into an argument.

When I came back he was repeatedly calling me a grass but I tried to ignore him and carry on watching the game. Then his mate said ‘If you don’t like it don’t come down the match’ - & for some reason that was the thing that made me lose it!

I shouted at him that I was a grass & I’d grass him again and again and that it was him that shouldn’t be at the match.

My husband pulled me away & he started on my husband - offering him out.

The steward arrived and calmed it down but by that point I was shouting at him too. I said that when we report racism we should be protected and I shouldn’t have had to put up with that.
Then at that moment Spurs scored the winner - which was crap but diffused then situation because they left. I just sat there feeling completely sick about the whole incident and losing the game all at once. It was like falling down a massive hole!

The steward asked if I wanted to make a statement and people in front of me then turned round and said ‘Yes she f-in does!’ & I felt glad to have some support at that point. They only spoke to me though.

It’s horrible to kind of dread going back to the seat I have had for 16 years now, but I had promised myself I wouldn’t let racism go by me anymore & I am glad I stood by that.

There's been some discussion over this matter in the last few days, following the OED extending their definition. THFC are not happy. talksport have a good concise piece on the matter.

However, anyone one that thinks its inclusion somehow justifies its use is obviously an arsehole.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2020, 03:01:11 PM »
Thank you so much for being so brave and acting on it. I know some might just see it as winding Spurs fans up but gassing noises, when you think about what they're imitating, that's probably the most disgusting thing someone could do. Genuinely, thank you.

Offline spartacuss

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2020, 03:25:48 PM »
Full respect to Madferret62 and amfy for their brave stand.  I think this whole topic and the exchanges it's generated should be forwarded to the Spurs fans' websites, just in case they were subjected to similar behaviour we don't know about by arseholes masquerading as Villa 'fans'.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2020, 04:14:32 PM »
What block was this in? I sit in Row Z in L2.

Offline dalians umbrella

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2020, 06:02:29 PM »
I remember either seeing or reading an interview with Christian Purslow where he said the club would be clamping down on antisocial behaviour - and I don't think he was even referring to stuff as bad as this - so I think it's important something written goes into the club rather than just relying on a steward, so that it makes its way to him.

Also, I'm glad to see you've removed the seat numbers as you never know if this is a season ticket re-sale - my Dad and I re-sold our tickets for the Spurs game as we couldn't make it (not in the Holte) and I'd hate to see our seat numbers online associated with this sort of scum-baggery.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2020, 06:11:57 PM »
Well done for making a stand in what I'm sure was an awful situation.   Very brave. 

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2020, 06:23:25 PM »
Well done to both of you, total respect

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2020, 06:41:53 PM »
It takes a lot to stand up to people in the ground, so well done to you both.

Whilst I seen some anti social behaviour in the ground, fortunately I haven’t any racism for quite some time. However, sadly it seems that it’s becoming more prevalent again and people who think this way are becoming more confident in spurting their bile in public.

Well done again

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2020, 06:46:02 PM »
I remember either seeing or reading an interview with Christian Purslow where he said the club would be clamping down on antisocial behaviour - and I don't think he was even referring to stuff as bad as this - so I think it's important something written goes into the club rather than just relying on a steward, so that it makes its way to him.

Also, I'm glad to see you've removed the seat numbers as you never know if this is a season ticket re-sale - my Dad and I re-sold our tickets for the Spurs game as we couldn't make it (not in the Holte) and I'd hate to see our seat numbers online associated with this sort of scum-baggery.

Would echo the suggestion of putting something in writing to the club.  The fact that they threatened you both when you raised your objections to the filth they were coming out with definitely needs reporting.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2020, 07:02:36 PM »

Would echo the suggestion of putting something in writing to the club.  The fact that they threatened you both when you raised your objections to the filth they were coming out with definitely needs reporting.

I made a brief statement to a Senior Steward after the game and he took my details. They said the club will be in touch to let me know what action they decide to take.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal