collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 219939 times)

Offline Demitri_C

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1545 on: February 16, 2020, 05:38:40 PM »
If the season ended now we'd stay up. How the fuck does that make relegation a formality?

Well the season isnt over yet and im sure this wont be the last painful shitty defeat

Its days like today where teams go on and get releagted. Absolute disaster today. Fucking disaster

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1546 on: February 16, 2020, 05:42:09 PM »
If the season ended now we'd stay up. How the fuck does that make relegation a formality?

Well the season isnt over yet and im sure this wont be the last painful shitty defeat

Its days like today where teams go on and get releagted. Absolute disaster today. Fucking disaster

No over-reaction there at all.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #1547 on: February 16, 2020, 05:46:05 PM »
Losing Grealish, McGinn and Mings I reckon would leave us with a good chance of coming back with some sensible additions.

And before any accusations about being overly pessimistic, I think this is probably the thread for it.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1548 on: February 16, 2020, 05:47:47 PM »
Very. We just hurl points away.

Offline Fulford

« Reply #1549 on: February 16, 2020, 05:51:38 PM »
Losing Grealish, McGinn and Mings I reckon would leave us with a good chance of coming back with some sensible additions.

And before any accusations about being overly pessimistic, I think this is probably the thread for it.

But do you trust Suso to spend the money wisely?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1550 on: February 16, 2020, 05:53:53 PM »

Well be interesting to see our transfer strategy if they worst happens and we're looking good for promotion in 12 months. Yet again this season has taught us signing too many projects and you get this sort of season whereas an experienced head or two outfield like Reina could've got us 5-6 more points with better game management.

Relegation this time if it happens was so much more preventable than the last time when we really needed it to cleanse the club.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1551 on: February 16, 2020, 05:55:21 PM »
A bit of a "straw that broke the camels back" for me today, bug I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1552 on: February 16, 2020, 05:59:00 PM »
Will Watford losing to Everton in the last minute relegate them?

Will Bournemouth, losing late on at Sheffield United so late, has that knocked the stuffing out of them?

We're 17th, we are in an absolute fight with 6 or maybe 7 other clubs. At the moment we're winning, just about.

Offline ez

« Reply #1553 on: February 16, 2020, 06:13:03 PM »
The defence is a massive problem. The amount of chances we give the opposition is alarming. We saw it again today. It's been going on so long I dont think theres anything that can be done about it until the seasons over.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1554 on: February 16, 2020, 06:19:36 PM »
I hope we can pick ourselves up and we don’t go into a tail spin. If that happened to Watford or West Ham etc, I would be saying “ that’s going to kill them” somehow I hope we can kick on. I understand the posters saying “ we’re not in the bottom three” but we are bloody close & I am worried. Posting on a forum all will be fine, won’t make it happen. If we go down, today and six points given to Bournemouth, will be what I remember. If we stay up the win v Watford at home and Burnley and Norwich away will be the points.

Offline ez

« Reply #1555 on: February 16, 2020, 06:24:31 PM »
I dont pay much attention to other clubs so maybe the bottom 3 are noticeably worse than us, which would be grounds for optimism. Someone tell me they are please.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1556 on: February 16, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »

Ok so everything's fine. We just carry on losing games from a winning position and make stupid league two defensive mistakes like all season.  But year over reaction!

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1557 on: February 16, 2020, 06:36:35 PM »

Ok so everything's fine. We just carry on losing games from a winning position and make stupid league two defensive mistakes like all season.  But year over reaction!

Yes, but there are middle points in between 'Absolute disaster, fucking disaster' and 'everything's fine'.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1558 on: February 16, 2020, 06:38:49 PM »

You make a fair point. However we are still in with a chance of staying up, but I understand your frustration

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1559 on: February 16, 2020, 06:41:28 PM »
One of the many 'Wish I had a pound for every time it happens' events on here is when a reply that things aren't as black as they're painted gets a variation on the response "No, everything's great". It isn't,  but nobody's said that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal