collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 220050 times)

Offline Demitri_C

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1560 on: February 16, 2020, 06:43:40 PM »
If the season ended now we'd stay up. How the fuck does that make relegation a formality?

Well the season isnt over yet and im sure this wont be the last painful shitty defeat

Its days like today where teams go on and get releagted. Absolute disaster today. Fucking disaster

No over-reaction there at all.

Ok so everything's fine. We just carry on losing games from a winning position and make stupid league two defensive mistakes like all season.  But year over reaction!

You make a fair point. However we are still in with a chance of staying up, but I understand your frustration

It was a fucking disaster. You cant continually drop points like we are and expect to stay ul. Thats the facts. This teqms had lkng enough to gel and its not gelled.

The summer recruitment for me has been generally poor..hause wesley jota el ghaz  engels and trez have generally been poor to shit. Thats close to 50m wasted

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #1561 on: February 16, 2020, 06:45:28 PM »
I'm worried because of our remaining fixtures, our defensive vulnerability, our habit of throwing away points, the quality of some of our players, and my concerns about the manager.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1562 on: February 16, 2020, 06:46:14 PM »
You are repetetive as fuck.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1563 on: February 16, 2020, 06:46:22 PM »
If the season ended now we'd stay up. How the fuck does that make relegation a formality?

Well the season isnt over yet and im sure this wont be the last painful shitty defeat

Its days like today where teams go on and get releagted. Absolute disaster today. Fucking disaster

No over-reaction there at all.

Ok so everything's fine. We just carry on losing games from a winning position and make stupid league two defensive mistakes like all season.  But year over reaction!

You make a fair point. However we are still in with a chance of staying up, but I understand your frustration

We have a chance but fir its a very slight chance as our home games are against the better sides which we are absolutely hopeless against.

Im not sure if its a mentality thing but jesus they really do shit themselves against the better sides

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1564 on: February 16, 2020, 06:48:30 PM »
Yes Demitri, there has been some poor players who have come in. I get what you are saying, you are correct. But, but we might do i. I’m not a happy clapper, I have moaned about Dean, players etc and today was hard to take as we don’t have any easy games left, we messed most of them up.

« Reply #1565 on: February 16, 2020, 06:51:53 PM »

Who is?? Can’t someone post an opinion, without this? You might not agree, but that is a poor comment, a poor comment

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1566 on: February 16, 2020, 07:01:42 PM »
Yes Demitri, there has been some poor players who have come in. I get what you are saying, you are correct. But, but we might do i. I’m not a happy clapper, I have moaned about Dean, players etc and today was hard to take as we don’t have any easy games left, we messed most of them up.

Yeah. I know i am coming across reallg negative today but im so disappointed today. I trevelled up to brum for the weekend as i dont live here. Despite it being terrible weather i came and that was really hard to take as we have seen it so many times. Punished for sloppy league one defending.

We are not getting any better and its really alarming for me. I dont expect us to be world beaters but for 150m i expecf a team that can defend half decent in periods of the season and some passion.

Dont see any of that. Take trez for example luiz was through and instead of putting to hkm he tries to be a intergalactic hero and wastes a golden opportunity. The team doesnt seem like a team for periods of the season.

Think the scouting was really poor.

Who is?? Can’t someone post an opinion, without this? You might not agree, but that is a poor comment, a poor comment

Completely agree well said 👏

« Reply #1567 on: February 16, 2020, 07:06:26 PM »
Safe journey home UTV

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1568 on: February 16, 2020, 07:07:11 PM »
Yeah my comment was out of order and said in the heat of the moment, for that I apologize.

The over the top hyperbolic nature of certain posters in each and every thread after todays game is very tedious to read though.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1569 on: February 16, 2020, 07:16:32 PM »
Agreed that we are not very good. We are not even good. However to avoid relegation you don’t have to be very good, good or even bad. You just have to be not very very bad. We are just that. So we are not nailed on for relegation never have been and never will be till the last game is played. Despite losing two more crucial games we are still not in relegation position. Just need to keep going and picking up points like we have been doing and we will see come the day.

Offline KRS

« Reply #1570 on: February 16, 2020, 07:22:32 PM »
At times today we weren’t good or even very good...we were excellent. We absolutely dominated Spurs for the first half hour and should have been 2 or 3 up. Unfortunately we do have a flip side to the excellent coin, and that borders on utter shite to sheer incompetence. We’re so consistently inconsistent even during a 90+ minute game.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1571 on: February 16, 2020, 07:23:19 PM »
I'd go so far as to say we're pretty good in patches - but those patches rarely last entire matches, or multiple matches. 

When we went down in 2016, we rarely looked like a decent side, and although we've struggled, and lost late goals against a lot of sides, we've looked like we could compete and event beat some of the top teams.  I've said previously, but we were within a few minutes of beating Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool this season.  Those were games where we got zero points, but we're not a million miles away from winning a few games like those, and games like today.  It always feels worse losing so late.  Imagine how the Watford fans felt a couple of weeks ago.

Sheff Utd, who everyone agrees are having a brilliant season, have only won 3 more than we have.  The big difference is draws, which we simply can't hold on to for some reason.

I still think we'll be OK, and we'll be a much better side next season with the younger players having had a year's experience and two or three quality additions.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1572 on: February 16, 2020, 07:24:34 PM »
Agreed that we are not very good. We are not even good. However to avoid relegation you don’t have to be very good, good or even bad. You just have to be not very very bad. We are just that. So we are not nailed on for relegation never have been and never will be till the last game is played. Despite losing two more crucial games we are still not in relegation position. Just need to keep going and picking up points like we have been doing and we will see come the day.

As amfy said a few weeks ago, we'd settle for seventeenth and this is what seventeenth looks like.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1573 on: February 16, 2020, 07:29:28 PM »
Yeah my comment was out of order and said in the heat of the moment, for that I apologize.

The over the top hyperbolic nature of certain posters in each and every thread after todays game is very tedious to read though.

I apologise luke. Im hurting tonight and gettkng a lot of aggro from my spurs mates

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #1574 on: February 16, 2020, 07:33:37 PM »
I'd go so far as to say we're pretty good in patches - but those patches rarely last entire matches, or multiple matches. 

When we went down in 2016, we rarely looked like a decent side, and although we've struggled, and lost late goals against a lot of sides, we've looked like we could compete and event beat some of the top teams.  I've said previously, but we were within a few minutes of beating Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool this season.  Those were games where we got zero points, but we're not a million miles away from winning a few games like those, and games like today.  It always feels worse losing so late.  Imagine how the Watford fans felt a couple of weeks ago.

Sheff Utd, who everyone agrees are having a brilliant season, have only won 3 more than we have.  The big difference is draws, which we simply can't hold on to for some reason.

I still think we'll be OK, and we'll be a much better side next season with the younger players having had a year's experience and two or three quality additions.
Good post Smithy .......I wished I shared your optimism :)
I think we have been far too naive in games against the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool et al ......a bit of professionalism is called for to see games out.....I would have thought John Terry would have drummed that into the players

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal