collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 223650 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1530 on: February 16, 2020, 04:46:47 PM »
Until players stop making stupid fucking decisions that Sunday league players would get shit for then we're fucked.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1531 on: February 16, 2020, 04:51:30 PM »
Im sorry but i blame Smith.  We have been making collosal fuck uos defensively alm seaaon and getting no better.

He is taking us down. A good manager would not be us ourselves handing the opposition victories. Engels the bottler he is too blane but smuth overall has to take the blame for the posotion we find ourselves.

He is under achieving

Offline levico

« Reply #1532 on: February 16, 2020, 04:51:41 PM »
Wasn’t just one error though, we were making them for most of the match. But for poor finishing and good goalkeeping we would have lost this match 6-2.
Relegation more or less a formality now. I think the owners think we’re up a season earlier than planned so we’re no worse off.  Naive if so.

Offline ez

« Reply #1533 on: February 16, 2020, 04:54:27 PM »
Were not going to pick up many more points this season. The defence will see to that.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #1534 on: February 16, 2020, 04:56:05 PM »
Wasn’t just one error though, we were making them for most of the match. But for poor finishing and good goalkeeping we would have lost this match 6-2.
Relegation more or less a formality now. I think the owners think we’re up a season earlier than planned so we’re no worse off.  Naive if so.

Problem for me is that Grealish dragged the team up last season. He won’t be doing that next year as much as we kid ourselves otherwise.

Offline ez

« Reply #1535 on: February 16, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »

Get relegated and we'll be a season behind.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #1536 on: February 16, 2020, 04:59:20 PM »
Until players stop making stupid fucking decisions that Sunday league players would get shit for then we're fucked.

We were making these mistakes in August. Now February and still making the same fucking mistakes.

Unless we dramatically improve defensively we will go down.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #1537 on: February 16, 2020, 05:08:33 PM »

Relegation is not more or less a formality. We're not in the bottom three.

Bad result yes but come on.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1538 on: February 16, 2020, 05:13:06 PM »
If the season ended now we'd stay up. How the fuck does that make relegation a formality?

Offline Villan82

« Reply #1539 on: February 16, 2020, 05:13:50 PM »

Get relegated and we'll be a season behind.

Going down would be a complete disaster.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1540 on: February 16, 2020, 05:14:25 PM »
I’ll feel better if Man City beat the shit out of West Ham in a couple of days. Followed up by Liverpool the following Monday

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1541 on: February 16, 2020, 05:14:44 PM »
I don't remember Villa making such basic mistakes when we last went down. Our overall level of performance is much better, but the incredible mistakes are going to be  the reason we go down. Unfortunately we do not seem to be learning. So I'm more than worried.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1542 on: February 16, 2020, 05:15:02 PM »
Relegation isn't a formality.  This week in 2016 we lost 6-0 at home to Liverpool, and were eight points from safety.  That's bordering on formality.

We're in a relegation battle, definitely. But this idea that we're "definitely down" is defeatist in the extreme.  Losing to a last-minute winner today leaves me sick, but losing 3-2 in the last-minute to a team challenging for the champions league places is not the sort of result you'd get if relegation was a "formality".  We COULD have won today, we weren't outclassed.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1543 on: February 16, 2020, 05:18:05 PM »
Us going for the win, formation etc, has nothing to do with Engels deciding to do what he did.

Surely though given we had 5 actual defenders on the pitch at that point and there were only 30 seconds left you do damage limitation at that point as chances of winning the game were very minimal.

If a CB misses the ball you have 2-3 players on the cover ready to take out Son 30 yards from goal. Instead there was just Hause trailing in his wake.

As much as we give him stick there's no way a Steve Bruce side would've conceded that type of goal. Worst to me is we nearly conceded the exact same one 15 minutes before when ball went under Konsa's foot and Son ran through.

Offline ez

« Reply #1544 on: February 16, 2020, 05:33:10 PM »
In other news, we got another headed goal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal