collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 494118 times)

Online AV84

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #3555 on: July 21, 2023, 12:16:07 PM »
Liverpool apparently want Kamara too. I'd take it as the journos finally realising we have players worth having and thus players worth linking with other "bigger" clubs.

Only because Collymore said they should go for him.

It's in The Athletic that he's on a list of 5 Liverpool are looking at. I doubt very much Stan's talk has made Klopp suddenly pay attention to a player he wasn't looking at before. But the fact they're losing players to Saudi might have changed plans.

Either way, I think its generally just journalists with little to talk about.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #3556 on: July 21, 2023, 01:20:43 PM »
Seen this tweet saying Doug has been called up to the Brazil squad for September fixtures;

https://twitter.com/AVFCStatto/status/1682357405672251392?s=20

But, I can't see anything about it anywhere else...

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3557 on: July 21, 2023, 01:24:52 PM »
Can't see anything in the Brazilian media. I also doubt they'd have selected the squad for the September fixtures this early.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #3558 on: July 21, 2023, 01:26:06 PM »
Can't see anything in the Brazilian media. I also doubt they'd have selected the squad for the September fixtures this early.

I don't see how they'd know more about it than a Villa twitter ITK account...  ;D

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #3559 on: July 21, 2023, 01:39:49 PM »
Even if there was a release clause in Doug's contract, consider the progress we've made since then, i could easily see him being happy to negotiate a new deal. Everything about the trajectory of the team screams progression.

Talking of release clauses, we should either avoid them completely or do what Sporting have done this month with their new striker from Coventry. Signed him for £20m with a €100m release clause. Who's the daddy! Loons.
I like to inform those who don't know something.
In Spain and Portugal the football league release clauses are mandatory for a players contract and a managers contract.  It's about the welfare of the workers.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3560 on: July 21, 2023, 01:48:18 PM »
In Spain and Portugal the football league release clauses are mandatory for a player's contract and a manager's contract.  It's about the welfare of the workers.

FTFY, I like to inform those who don't know.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3561 on: July 21, 2023, 03:51:41 PM »
I wouldn't consider an offer for Doug less than £80m.  That's not really what I think he's worth, more the value that I'd put on disrupting our forward momentum and one of the best PL midfield partnerships.

I suspect we'd just go and get Guendouzi, but even so I'd prefer we just keep Doug and not have to rebuild further this summer. 

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3562 on: July 21, 2023, 03:52:47 PM »
I wouldn't consider an offer for Doug less than £80m.  That's not really what I think he's worth, more the value that I'd put on disrupting our forward momentum and one of the best PL midfield partnerships.

I suspect we'd just go and get Guendouzi, but even so I'd prefer we just keep Doug and not have to rebuild further this summer. 

I might consider Harry Kane plus £3m.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3563 on: July 21, 2023, 04:14:27 PM »
Even if there was a release clause in Doug's contract, consider the progress we've made since then, i could easily see him being happy to negotiate a new deal. Everything about the trajectory of the team screams progression.

Talking of release clauses, we should either avoid them completely or do what Sporting have done this month with their new striker from Coventry. Signed him for £20m with a €100m release clause. Who's the daddy! Loons.
In Spain and Portugal the football league release clauses are mandatory for a players contract and a managers contract.  It's about the welfare of the workers.

My error, I meant buy-out clause rather than release clause. A player can buy his way out of a contract through a release clause where he would then become a free agent. It is not the same as a buy-out clause. I don't know about Spain but buy-out clauses in Portugal are rare.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #3564 on: July 23, 2023, 11:19:48 PM »
I can see Douglas scoring v Newcastle. It's the type of game he can produce. I just love how he plays the game of football.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3565 on: July 24, 2023, 12:28:30 AM »

Yep, I think the days of us just rolling over the minute one of the SKY six show an interest in one of our players are gone. 

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #3566 on: July 24, 2023, 03:12:36 PM »

Yep, I think the days of us just rolling over the minute one of the SKY six show an interest in one of our players are gone. 

Based on last nights performance Dougie has gone up another level. A real joy to watch. A recall to the Brazilian squad can't be far away. He's majestic on the ball, gliding past players, superb vision, we're potentially looking at the best Villa central midfielder of all time, he's that good.

£80m would be money well spent but I think he's happy at the Villa and there are very few that can afford him.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3567 on: July 24, 2023, 03:28:00 PM »
He’s absolutely superb in getting out of tight spaces, receiving and moving the ball with a high level of confidence and competence. He’s precisely the type of player Emery would look to buy.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #3568 on: July 24, 2023, 03:50:19 PM »
He’s absolutely superb in getting out of tight spaces, receiving and moving the ball with a high level of confidence and competence. He’s precisely the type of player Emery would look to buy..

...but couldn't afford.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3569 on: July 24, 2023, 05:11:23 PM »
There was a play last night, about midway through the 2nd half, where we had a corner (or free kick) and they cleared to him, high and a bit behind him, to stop it dead and then he sold Wilson an outrageous dummy with a little dip of his shoulders and gave himself all the time in the world to pick a pass. He made it look so easy but there's probably only a handful of players in the league that could've done that, phenomenal skill. 2-3 people on the pre-season thread posted about how good he was straight after so I assume other people were as impressed as I was by it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal