collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Orjan Nyland - signed  (Read 63431 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Orjan Nyland - signed
« Reply #870 on: January 29, 2020, 05:38:59 PM »
I wouldn't have been distraught at going out last night, as we all know we have bigger priorities this season. I just wanted to see some sort of response after the league game in Jan.

But now we're in a one-off final we have to go full pelt. That means play your best possible XI. The only caveat to that is if Reina is managing any sort of injury Nyland should go straight in.

24 years since we last won a major trophy. If we're hoping to view the last 10 years as an aberration in our overall history and not the new norm, it means playing the strongest possible side in the final with a view to winning the plucking thing.

Offline darren woolley

« Reply #871 on: January 30, 2020, 04:07:30 PM »
I'm so pleased for Orjan he was brilliant from were I was sitting in the Trinity I could see those saves perfectly he kept us in it with those saves.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #872 on: January 30, 2020, 04:43:17 PM »
Iím sure injury aside he will start in the final. And I canít imagine Reina being upset about it who will likely play all league games as long heís fit. It brilliant to have two very solid keepers at the club with another one in Heaton who will come back next season hopefully fully fit.

Don't forget Jed Steer. We arguably wouldn't be here if not for him. Very blessed in that department at the minute (even if two of them are injured).

Offline Monty

• GM : 26.08.2019
« Reply #873 on: January 30, 2020, 04:45:13 PM »
No room for sentiment. From what I've seen Reina can still match Nyland in the saving department, and his distribution and command of the area (as well as experience organising the defence) is much much greater. Watch him start now and drop the biggest of bollocks, but he's who I'd go with (sorry Orjan!).

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #874 on: January 30, 2020, 08:39:47 PM »
Either will be fine. Nyland has the edge on athleticism; Reina on everything else. A good problem to have, for once.