collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 494391 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #3030 on: October 14, 2022, 05:06:04 PM »
Jesus now we are stuck with him. I think he is crap

Unlike others I’m in agreement with you hookey
So you chaps wanted him to walk away as a free agent?

I understand why we’ve done this and if we get a good fee for him great, however if he stays long term in our midfield we’re going nowhere, main reason being that he’s crap, maybe a better word is ordinary.
You realy think he's crap, yet Arteta wanted to fit him in the midfield that is curently sitting top of the league?

Online Steve kirk

« Reply #3031 on: October 14, 2022, 05:14:03 PM »

I understand why we’ve done this and if we get a good fee for him great, however if he stays long term in our midfield we’re going nowhere, main reason being that he’s crap, maybe a better word is ordinary.
You realy think he's crap, yet Arteta wanted to fit him in the midfield that is curently sitting top of the league?

Yes I do, it’s what’s called an opinion.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3032 on: October 14, 2022, 05:16:02 PM »
He needs to be used properly. I think playing with or just slightly ahead of Kamara he'll be excellent.

It's the same as with most of our players, he would (hopefully will with us) be a valuable member of a correctly functioning team.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #3033 on: October 14, 2022, 05:23:50 PM »
Fairly apathetic with regards the new contract. Yes he has been one of our better players this season albeit without a meaningful improvement in his own performance from previous seasons.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3034 on: October 14, 2022, 05:25:18 PM »
Great news, a good player who has benerally been solid for us despite us not really using him in a way to get the best of his ability.

Personally I think a 4231 with him sitting alongside Kamara (Dendoncker in the short term) but with the job of controlling our tempo would be really good, get the 3 ahead and the fullbacks offering movement and I'd trust him to find them in space fairly regularly.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3035 on: October 14, 2022, 05:26:14 PM »
Great news, a good player who has benerally been solid for us despite us not really using him in a way to get the best of his ability.

Personally I think a 4231 with him sitting alongside Kamara (Dendoncker in the short term) but with the job of controlling our tempo would be really good, get the 3 ahead and the fullbacks offering movement and I'd trust him to find them in space fairly regularly.
Yes as we set up against Citeh.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #3036 on: October 14, 2022, 05:29:50 PM »

Yes as we set up against Citeh.

Yep, almost exactly, it's no surprise that it was comfortably our best performance of the season.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #3037 on: October 14, 2022, 05:32:48 PM »
Fantastic news, I’m really pleased about this. I think he’s an excellent player. I just wish we could use him alongside Kamara and not have to rely on him as our number six.

Offline ez

« Reply #3038 on: October 14, 2022, 05:36:12 PM »
Hopefully the new manager will get a tune out of him then.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #3039 on: October 14, 2022, 05:38:24 PM »
Fantastic news, I’m really pleased about this. I think he’s an excellent player. I just wish we could use him alongside Kamara and not have to rely on him as our number six.

I'd let Dendoncker have some games as cover for Kamara, he doesn't have the range of passing but he'll do the job of winning the bal lback and protecting the defence and he's good enough of shifting the ball 'to the talent' that he'd not be the liability that Nakamba has been in the past.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3040 on: October 14, 2022, 05:40:11 PM »
The feeling that he was just going to walk out of the door in the summer was adding to the general feeling that the whole 'project' was sliding down the pan, so for that alone it's welcome, but anyway I think he's our most talented actual central midfielder with his best years ahead of him, and played in a properly functioning team he'll be quality.

The fact the likes of Arsenal and supposedly Liverpool were after him tells you that his ceiling is perhaps considered higher than what we've been able to see so far.

Precisely. He has real talent and can develop, we need to start using him properly.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #3041 on: October 14, 2022, 06:06:45 PM »

I'd let Dendoncker have some games as cover for Kamara, he doesn't have the range of passing but he'll do the job of winning the bal lback and protecting the defence and he's good enough of shifting the ball 'to the talent' that he'd not be the liability that Nakamba has been in the past.

I’d like to see this as well. Part of me wonder if Dendoncker is good enough as he was surplus to requirements at a struggling Wolves side then I remember he has recently been a Belgium international but was up against players like Neves and Moutinho who are very good.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #3042 on: October 14, 2022, 06:12:12 PM »

I’d like to see this as well. Part of me wonder if Dendoncker is good enough as he was surplus to requirements at a struggling Wolves side then I remember he has recently been a Belgium international but was up against players like Neves and Moutinho who are very good.

He moved the ball around pretty well in his first couple of minutes, but I fear that he is like our current central midfielders.. is he a 6, is he an 8, is he a hybrid? I do have to say, it is nice to have someone with some size in the middle for once. Hopefully he can come good and push on because he's in a contract year at 27 years old. Tough call.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #3043 on: October 14, 2022, 06:21:58 PM »

Agreed if it's an excuse to get a fee for him then fine. If the coach and club think he is the future then I think we are in the shit. If I'm wrong and he turns into the world beater some think he is then I will openly admit it. But based on what I have seen so far I stick by my judgement of him thinking he is a lot better than he actually is.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #3044 on: October 14, 2022, 06:24:02 PM »
The feeling that he was just going to walk out of the door in the summer was adding to the general feeling that the whole 'project' was sliding down the pan, so for that alone it's welcome, but anyway I think he's our most talented actual central midfielder with his best years ahead of him, and played in a properly functioning team he'll be quality.

The fact the likes of Arsenal and supposedly Liverpool were after him tells you that his ceiling is perhaps considered higher than what we've been able to see so far.

Precisely. He has real talent and can develop, we need to start using him properly.

He has been here 3 years....how long do we give him?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal