collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 491891 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #3285 on: January 02, 2023, 01:45:14 PM »
Sylla/El Ahmadi. Fucking hell. It's a wonder we're still here, really.

Honest to fuck, if you became a Villa fan during those days and are still with us, you deserve the best life forever.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #3286 on: January 02, 2023, 11:12:28 PM »
Luiz 24 Kamara 23 Ramsey 21 Tim 19 Ramsey jnr 19 that's a hell of a midfield to hopefully enjoy for many years ahead.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #3287 on: January 02, 2023, 11:21:17 PM »

Honest to fuck, if you became a Villa fan during those days and are still with us, you deserve the best life forever.

God i forgot about those days 😳

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #3288 on: January 02, 2023, 11:27:12 PM »
Sylla, Sylla, Sylla, he loves the fuckin Villa, Villa, Villa

Great chant!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3289 on: January 03, 2023, 01:00:28 AM »
Sali, Salifou.... Sali, Salifou...

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #3290 on: January 03, 2023, 08:31:03 AM »

My 12/nearly 13 year old son, started going regularly with me when he was 5/6 in the relegation year. He really has seen some shite in his young years, but completely Villa mad.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #3291 on: January 03, 2023, 09:55:32 AM »

My 12/nearly 13 year old son, started going regularly with me when he was 5/6 in the relegation year. He really has seen some shite in his young years, but completely Villa mad.

Good parenting, hopefully it will be rewarded with a shiny pot or two before long which we can all enjoy.

Regarding Dougie, i think at long last we are beginning to see his full potential. Whether it’s the partnership with Kamara or Emery’s influence or both we will have to see. What I do know is that he’s now an integral part of the team.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3292 on: January 03, 2023, 10:19:20 AM »

Good parenting, hopefully it will be rewarded with a shiny pot or two before long which we can all enjoy.

Regarding Dougie, i think at long last we are beginning to see his full potential. Whether it’s the partnership with Kamara or Emery’s influence or both we will have to see. What I do know is that he’s now an integral part of the team.
He has too many meh performances to become an integral member of the team. We know the ability is there and his role in the team suits him but I want more performances like against Spurs than we have seen from him many times.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3293 on: January 03, 2023, 11:24:01 AM »

He has HAD too many meh performances to become an integral member of the team. We know the ability is there and his role in the team suits him but I want more performances like against Spurs than we have seen from him many times.

I think the extra word there is important because most of the meh performances have been playing deeper in games where we're a bit under the cosh and he's just not suited to doing that job, I suspect Brend is thinking, like me, that those performances are going to be a lot less common under Emery and, on that basis, he'll be the player we've all wanted him to be since he arrived.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3294 on: January 03, 2023, 11:27:16 AM »

He has HAD too many meh performances to become an integral member of the team. We know the ability is there and his role in the team suits him but I want more performances like against Spurs than we have seen from him many times.

I think the extra word there is important because most of the meh performances have been playing deeper in games where we're a bit under the cosh and he's just not suited to doing that job, I suspect Brend is thinking, like me, that those performances are going to be a lot less common under Emery and, on that basis, he'll be the player we've all wanted him to be since he arrived.
I hope so because you can see he is very talented. Still purring over his control and finish against Spurs.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3295 on: January 03, 2023, 11:28:28 AM »
It reminded me of Michael Thomas against Liverpool for the title

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3296 on: January 03, 2023, 11:29:46 AM »
Consistency is the key for a good number of the squad including Luiz. At their best they're probably all good enough for a top 6 club, but they can all also be sloppy on their day and look poor. We now seem to have a manager prepared to drop and rotate people, so they're all going to have to be at it, all the time. How many times under Smith and Gerrard did we say "if we play like that in the rest of the games we'll be OK" only for us to then string together three or four terrible performances. I want to see an end to players like Luiz, Mings and McGinn being 4/10 one week, and then 8/10 the next. No more "I hope this is our bad half" please Mr Emery. Signs are very promising so far though.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3297 on: January 03, 2023, 12:16:24 PM »
It reminded me of Michael Thomas against Liverpool for the title

Ah, live league football on terrestrial tv.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #3298 on: January 03, 2023, 12:17:26 PM »
Luiz always had the ability, demonstrated it after the restart where he was our best player for weeks. But whether he had the application and commitment was always in question. He would throw in a performance like his first half v Liverpool far too often. In fairness to him, even after his move to Arsenal collapsed in the summer he didn't throw a strop and has played well for us during a difficult time with change of coach etc. But I thought v Spurs he was absolutely outstanding. The technical quality for his goal was at a level not seen for us since Grealish's time.

This partnership with Kamara could develop to be one of the best in the division with Emery's guidance. The likes of Bissouma and Hojberg are no mugs but they destroyed them.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 02:46:22 PM by brontebilly »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3299 on: January 03, 2023, 02:20:23 PM »
Consistency is the key for a good number of the squad including Luiz. At their best they're probably all good enough for a top 6 club, but they can all also be sloppy on their day and look poor. We now seem to have a manager prepared to drop and rotate people, so they're all going to have to be at it, all the time. How many times under Smith and Gerrard did we say "if we play like that in the rest of the games we'll be OK" only for us to then string together three or four terrible performances. I want to see an end to players like Luiz, Mings and McGinn being 4/10 one week, and then 8/10 the next. No more "I hope this is our bad half" please Mr Emery. Signs are very promising so far though.

Absolutely agree with that.

It is years of meek acceptance of low standards that has seen players of the 8/10 then weeks of 4/10 type persist here for years.

We need to thoroughly raise standards consistently, not just every now and then.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal