collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 148910 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Ezri Konsa - signed
« Reply #360 on: January 23, 2021, 10:09:49 PM »
Absolutely fantastic performance tonight.

Agreed, he's simply brilliant. I can't really think of a single mistake he's made this season.

Online robleflaneur

« Reply #361 on: January 23, 2021, 10:20:22 PM »
Fantastic,has to be in the England squad.And a great overall display from the defence.Each one dominated his opponent and attacks were constantly built out from the back.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #362 on: January 23, 2021, 10:20:55 PM »
I think he’s one of the best centre halves in the league. Brilliant.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #363 on: January 23, 2021, 10:22:15 PM »
Bit like Emi Martinez - not flashy, never any fuss, just does everything very calmly and very well.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #364 on: January 23, 2021, 10:33:47 PM »
He's the best centre-back at the club by far. He doesn't attempt the risky and casual play every match like Mings does.

I also think he probably would have scored tonight if Mings left the header to him from the free kick in the second half.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 09:04:23 AM by Goldie.7 »

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #365 on: January 23, 2021, 10:39:33 PM »
A Rolls-Royce of a player.  The best defender at the club.  Quick across the ground, covers really well.  Very good player and has trebled his value.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #366 on: January 23, 2021, 10:54:57 PM »
A Rolls-Royce of a player.  The best defender at the club.  Quick across the ground, covers really well.  Very good player and has trebled his value.

I love Ezri. That rare CH who is imperious and comes up with regular goals.  He hasn't trebled his value alone though. The coaches at Villa are fantastic now. We are so lucky that they are bringing the best out of all our players.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #367 on: January 24, 2021, 12:34:57 AM »
Trebled his value??

He should be in the England squad. Last time I checked the going-rate for England centre-backs, they cost £80m (see Slabhead).

Anyone care to swap?

Offline colin69

« Reply #368 on: January 24, 2021, 10:28:53 AM »
Just so composed, has to be in the England squad very soon surely? Best since McGrath for me.

Offline Risso

« Reply #369 on: January 24, 2021, 10:35:58 AM »
Just so composed, has to be in the England squad very soon surely? Best since McGrath for me.

We've had some very good defenders since McGrath. Southgate, Ehiogu, Mellberg and Laursen to name four, but this lad feels like something special. He doesn't appear to have a weakness in his game, and he's so composed. We've played all of the "big" clubs apart from Spurs, and he hasn't been found wanting in any of them against some extremely good forwards. I hope he's with us for the next 10 years.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #370 on: January 24, 2021, 10:36:34 AM »
Yeah I got this one wrong

I didn’t think he was going to be good enough at first but he clearly is

I still don’t think either of the centre backs are particularly great on the ball but they don’t have to be they just need to be great at defending which Konsa is doing
The key difference between the two is that Konsa doesn’t dwell on the ball and think he’s better than he actually is whereas Mings sometimes strolls around thinking his Franco Barresi who he is not

both outstanding central defenders so far this season Mings just needs to cut the sloppiness out but we’ve been saying that for a while now still his actual defending is First Class

Offline Risso

« Reply #371 on: January 24, 2021, 10:39:57 AM »

I still don’t think either of the centre backs are particularly great on the ball but they don’t have to be they just need to be great at defending which Konsa is doing
The key difference between the two is that Konsa doesn’t dwell on the ball and think he’s better than he actually is whereas Mings sometimes strolls around thinking his Franco Barresi who he is not

both outstanding central defenders so far this season Mings just needs to cut the sloppiness out but we’ve been saying that for a while now still his actual defending is First Class

They must go through videos of all the goals conceded you'd have thought, so I don't get why Mings still tries to overplay things in every match. He did it again last night, but because Newcastle are shite we got away with it.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #372 on: January 24, 2021, 10:39:57 AM »
I think mings was better last night than of late. A couple of times he just put the ball out rather than trying anything fancy. Konsa and mings are a very good partnership.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #373 on: January 24, 2021, 10:49:33 AM »
I think mings was better last night than of late. A couple of times he just put the ball out rather than trying anything fancy. Konsa and mings are a very good partnership.

I agree with you.  Mings was much better last night.  This is a very good partnership being developed and I like the full backs too.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #374 on: January 24, 2021, 11:32:04 AM »

They must go through videos of all the goals conceded you'd have thought, so I don't get why Mings still tries to overplay things in every match. He did it again last night, but because Newcastle are shite we got away with it.

Last night he got away with it because of Konsa's utter brilliance, but I still love him dearly and think his general Baresi tribute act brings more than it takes away.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal