collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 156432 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Ezri Konsa - signed
« Reply #330 on: November 11, 2020, 04:29:17 PM »
What a wonderful cultured footballer this young man has become and huge part to why we have had such an excellent season overall defensively. Joe Gomez is now out of the England squad so there aren’t many better players based on ability and form than our Ezri.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #331 on: November 11, 2020, 04:33:48 PM »
In today's over inflated transfer fees, Konsa is looking like a proper steal.

I think you can lay that against a few of ours

Cash - £14m  when Chillwell  / Mendy went for £50m
Martinez - When Pickford went for £30M
Luiz - countless wasted millions of a multitude of average midfielders |(pepe @ £70m - Christ)

I think our scouting and buying has been exceptional

I take your point but think Chilwell is brilliant though, and worth every penny of that.  Luiz was really a glorified loan fee, we'll only see his real cost at the end of this season.

To be fair to Pickford I think he does the business for England. But would I swap Martinez for him? No chance.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #332 on: December 26, 2020, 07:45:17 PM »
Came in from an illness. When we needed someone with maturity on the back of a red card and his team down to ten men. Gave such an unfazed display that you barely noticed him. But one moment stood out when the ball came to him just inside the Palace half and he spun and took out their attacking players with absolute ease. He is becoming a really wonderful footballer, not just a defender.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #333 on: December 26, 2020, 07:51:21 PM »
Came in from an illness. When we needed someone with maturity on the back of a red card and his team down to ten men. Gave such an unfazed display that you barely noticed him. But one moment stood out when the ball came to him just inside the Palace half and he spun and took out their attacking players with absolute ease. He is becoming a really wonderful footballer, not just a defender.

Considering his age and relative inexperience at this level he is looking as if he’s played in the PL for years

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #334 on: December 26, 2020, 07:56:35 PM »

Yep he is graceful on the ball without doing too much

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #335 on: December 26, 2020, 08:03:35 PM »
He's a class act and I love classy defenders.....God, obviously, Laursen, Des Walker (Forest), Franz Beckenbauer, Rudi Krol.....pick your own, but I think this young man has just got it.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #336 on: December 26, 2020, 08:08:53 PM »

It's so true - it's like when we knew about Jack and no one else did. This kid is gonna play for England for many many years. Absolute baller on our hands.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #337 on: December 26, 2020, 10:39:17 PM »
Thought he was very composed for us today. My uncle who can be a bit negative about us at times described him today as a "Rolls-Royce" of a player which sums him up quite nicely. Can't be long before he's in the England squad.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 10:41:58 PM by Brazilian Villain »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #338 on: December 26, 2020, 10:40:33 PM »
Thought he was very composed for us today. My uncle who can be a bit negative bout us at times described him today as a "Rolls-Royce" of a player which sums him quite nicely. Can't be long before he's in the England squad.

He's in a different class to the likes of Mings already

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #339 on: December 26, 2020, 11:46:56 PM »
Konsa is the best defender we have by quite a margin, lovely to watch.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #340 on: January 02, 2021, 07:51:31 PM »
The only outfield player to have played 1000 minutes in the Premier League this season without being dribbled past. Helps when you’ve got Jack on your firm I suppose, but still pretty impressive.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #341 on: January 02, 2021, 07:55:23 PM »
He's a Rolls Royce of a defender

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #342 on: January 02, 2021, 08:05:11 PM »
He's great, and only going to get better.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2021, 12:56:21 AM »
The only outfield player to have played 1000 minutes in the Premier League this season without being dribbled past. Helps when you’ve got Jack on your firm I suppose, but still pretty impressive.

Vin Dijk had unbelievable stats last season didn't he? Wasn't dribbled past once if I recall correctly.

Konsa is developing really well.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2021, 08:56:43 AM »
Don’t want to take anything away from Konsa, as I think he is an excellent defender, but I think that stat can be a bit misleading.

I’m sure I remember seeing that Mings only got dribbled past about twice last season. Lots of other factors can quite easily influence that stat.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal