collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 148580 times)

Offline RichardBatchelor

Re: Ezri Konsa - signed
« Reply #255 on: June 25, 2020, 04:33:25 PM »
It's his first season after making the step up to this division  and overall, I think he's done ok. He's still got  a lot to learn but I think he's worth persevering with.
Yep, he has done okay but he has been part of a defence that has conceded all but 2 goals every game.  So he does have a lot learn but I just wonder who out of current set up is he going to learn it from.

Yes, and for me the two goals per game is poor defending as a team. All our defenders and keepers have individually, had plenty of decent games. I personally think midfield is the problem and maybe it’s no coincidence that we’ve only conceded one per game since Doug started playing really well. One thing we have to address is allowing crosses to come in so readily. That did us against Chelsea when they put an unplayable ball in, which a team like that inevitably will if you keep giving them free goes at it.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2020, 08:01:41 PM »
Ultimately he's got to sense the danger and tuck in quicker. Newcastle can't score from the touchline but Gayle centrally can and Konsa was nearest to him.

Agreed but then his man is wide open on the backpost as what happened for the first goal by Chelsea. Gayle could have played him in too.

Konsa shares a degree of blame for the goal but less so than Luiz, Hause and Mings. Mings for me should shoulder the most blame out of them all, as didn't deal with Carroll or Saint-Maxime.

Targett made a risible effort to deal with the throw in to start with. If you were being very harsh could Nyland have also been off his line quicker on Gayle.

Is it any wonder we are where we are conceding goals like that when the entire back four, holding midfielder and possibly keeper are to blame. That Smith sought to publicly call out only one of them is diabolical.

No that's all true. Ultimately that's what a relegation threatened team tends to do, look solid for an hour and then concede a cheap goal that several players could've stopped. Was same v Chelsea.

The ball should have been stopped from coming in, in the first place but yet again Targett was too soft and no-one else was near the crosser.  Piss poor defending, leaving Konsa one on one.  If you work harder to stop the cross, you prevent the goal.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2020, 01:06:52 AM »
After Luiz, I think he’s the only player to get any credit of late. Been decent at right back and his crossing is actually very good.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2020, 01:29:51 AM »
Pity its the one position we're overstocked in (Guilbert, Elmo) when there are half a dozen other players it would be great to drop.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2020, 02:15:08 AM »
Why hasn't Smith gone already? think he may have if they were'nt playing to an empty stadium.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #260 on: July 21, 2020, 11:38:28 PM »
This young man is showing real potential.  He was asked to play out of position by Dean Smith, outted a couple of times for the Newcastle and Everton goals, harshly in my opinion, but didn't let his head drop.  He has moved back to right side centre back and not only do we look better balanced, this lad looks the part.  Hause got injured and can't get back in now because Konsa is playing well.  I like him and think he is a talent.  I really hope we are not signing Axel as this lad is better, or certainly will be.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2020, 11:41:02 PM »
He was brilliant tonight, especially in that 20 second spell where be bailed Mings out by blocking Aubameyang's shot then stopped the cross immediately after Hourihane gave it away. The block was deliberate, he didn't just chuck his body at it, he read the situation. He can use the ball and seems to have a steely streak. He's been great since the restart and is showing why we paid for his potential.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2020, 11:42:44 PM »
Against Wolves in the cup somebody behind me said that one he got in the team he'd never lose his place. I didn't think much of it at the time but for once TTBM was spot on correct.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2020, 11:44:08 PM »
He's been great, along with Luiz our best and most consistent player since the restart.  Good to see him handing out a bollocking after Mings had cocked up.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #264 on: July 22, 2020, 12:02:44 AM »
The amazing thing is he’s got his spot at CB because of an injury to another CB. We were playing with 3 CB’s, one at RB and two left footed ones at CB. We looked completely unbalanced. An unlucky injury and all of a sudden Konsa looks brilliant in his natural position and we look balanced with actual RB’s playing at RB. I applaud Dean if he gets us out of this but fuck me it shouldn’t take this to do what seems to be the obvious.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #265 on: July 22, 2020, 12:19:11 AM »
The amazing thing is he’s got his spot at CB because of an injury to another CB. We were playing with 3 CB’s, one at RB and two left footed ones at CB. We looked completely unbalanced. An unlucky injury and all of a sudden Konsa looks brilliant in his natural position and we look balanced with actual RB’s playing at RB. I applaud Dean if he gets us out of this but fuck me it shouldn’t take this to do what seems to be the obvious.

I think Smith played the three of them together to help us with set pieces, both defensively and in attack. He'd clearly identified both those elements of our game as a problem (it wasn't hard to recognise admittedly) and in fairness, Konsa did well at right back and Hause generally looked solid. But we do look more balanced when Elmo/Guilbert play.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2020, 12:24:38 AM »
I thought his best game in a Villa shirt was Everton but he went and beat it again tonight. Excellent.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #267 on: July 22, 2020, 12:34:01 AM »
Tonight felt like we engaged our brains. We didn't panic, we kept on thinking and making the opposition think. In the end Arsenal went full Lambert and it was a none event. Konsa strikes me as a smart kid and I liked the way he went about his business with a maturity beyond his years.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #268 on: July 22, 2020, 12:35:20 AM »
I like Konsa and Mings together. Easy to forget how few games both of them have at this level prior to this season. It has been a learning experience. I think they can get better and better if we stay up.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #269 on: July 22, 2020, 12:35:52 AM »
I wasn't as convinced as some were but tonight I thought he looked every inch a quality Premier League defender.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal